NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
Hardwick also going into bat for Clarkson

I think Hardwick is putting in a word for Clarkson's mental health .
Hardwick is still on the side of family being more important than football imo. His actions at Richmond show that plus he said this,
"What I think sport does is we put all the diversity and gender and all that aside and play the game for the love of it. And that’s what we’ve got to remember and we’ve got to get back to that and figure out how we get the best result for everyone moving forward because that’s what sport generally does and hopefully will continue to do.”
My reading of it is that Hardwick thinks Clarkson has stuffed up bigtime but he doesn't want him to be suicidal.
Dunno, he might have to clarify it more.

Hardwick is still on the side of family being more important than football imo. His actions at Richmond show that plus he said this,
"What I think sport does is we put all the diversity and gender and all that aside and play the game for the love of it. And that’s what we’ve got to remember and we’ve got to get back to that and figure out how we get the best result for everyone moving forward because that’s what sport generally does and hopefully will continue to do.”
My reading of it is that Hardwick thinks Clarkson has stuffed up bigtime but he doesn't want him to be suicidal.
So it's ok when your coach supports Clarkson, just not anyone else?

Cool

So it's ok when your coach supports Clarkson, just not anyone else?

Cool
He hasn't said the Indigenous players are lying. He's still backing in the Indigenous players I would think.
He's not supporting Clarkson's denials as far as I can see.
Sounds like he spoke to him and Clarkson was a mess .
I'll be the first one to bag Hardwick if it's anything more than that.
He recruited Stack ,Pickett and Parker when no other club would and he preaches family first at Richmond.
If he says Clarkson is telling the truth I'll bag him.
Kennett is the 100% racist. I didn't bag Hodge for what he said as they are mates. Mates opinions don't count so Hardwick's comments are pretty irrellevant.

Hardwick also going into bat for Clarkson

Pretty disappointed with Dimma's comments here. I don't mind him saying that he has checked in on Clarkson and he is not in a great space (given they are mates). But I didn't like the other comments he made about a chance to respond and it being distasteful. I thought they were dismissive of the complaints that have been made. I would rather he didn't weigh into this publicly at all (and there was no need for him to do so).

The mental gymnastics you’re exercising here to bend over backwards for Hardwick is hilarious after all you’ve posted in this thread. He’s perpetuating the whole “Clarko is the real victim” narrative, yet it’s fine for him…?

He hasn't said the Indigenous players are lying. He's still backing in the Indigenous players I would think.
He's not supporting Clarkson's denials as far as I can see.
Sounds like he spoke to him and Clarkson was a mess .
I'll be the first one to bag Hardwick if it's anything more than that.
He recruited Stack ,Pickett and Parker when no other club would and he preaches family first at Richmond.
If he says Clarkson is telling the truth I'll bag him.
Kennett is the 100% racist. I didn't bag Hodge for what he said as they are mates. Mates opinions don't count so Hardwick's comments are pretty irrellevant.
You get that Clarko preached the same and brought in players that were "troubled" too yeah?

You get the hypocrisy here yeah?

The mental gymnastics you’re exercising here to bend over backwards for Hardwick is hilarious after all you’ve posted in this thread. He’s perpetuating the whole “Clarko is the real victim” narrative, yet it’s fine for him…?
He's not perpertrating that Clarko is the real victim, he's batting for mental health.
I'm sure Hardwick thinks he should be banned for a long time.

He's not perpertrating that Clarko is the real victim, he's batting for mental health.
He called the allegations distasteful

Hardwick didnt order abortions or break up families.
If you can find something legit about Hardwick being racist in any way ,let me know.
You get that racism isn't always in your face I hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He called the allegations distasteful
He said "splashing it all over the media ...was a little distasteful'.
I disagree with that as that was maybe the only way the story was going to get out.
I disagree with the tenor of what Hardwick said and I hope he shuts up now.
Shut up Damian.

Very good piece, especially for Tracey Holmes.

You do realise that she's saying the AFL won't do a good job at investigating itself ... because she wants them to go the accused harder than that probably will don't you? Also talking about a human rights commission. Not for Clarkson's "natural justice", but to stop culturally unsafe practices.

The issue should have been reported.

Jackson was right to report it.

He did a very bad job of it, on multiple levels, that go faaaaaaar beyond how long he gave some of those named to respond.

The framing and construction of his reporting means the whole thing is now an angry and adversarial shitshow.

He's created a situation where those who came to him with gheir stories are very likely going to get screwed over again.

He went after a big scalp in Clarkson rather than ghe truth of the story.

He reported what he was told in the interviews. Jeebus.

Cheers mate. That’s lovely words. Also have an Aboriginal daughter in our care who came to us when she was 3 weeks old.

You're a great father South of the Yarra. It's a pity you barrack for Collingwood, but no body is perfect!! hehe

Here we go, old racist Jeff Kennett criticizes the Indigenous players for speaking out.

Kennett, speaking at the club's best and fairest awards night, said the club is not in crisis and has described the issue as a "bump along the highway".

"I do not consider this to be a crisis," Kennett said.

What a backward old prick.

Wouldn't expect more from the wife beater who permanently has his foot in his mouth. Kennett is a wife-beating version of Tim Smith, and a failed business man and army reservist. Absolute trash human. I hope I live long enough to be alive on the day that he dies.

Do you think Hardwick is racist? I don't. Do I think Clarkson, Fagan, Burt, Kennett , Newbold, Andrew Bolt are? Yes.
I don't think Hodge is racist either but maybe him and Hardwick are , who knows.

It isn't about being "a racist". It is about racism.

ccc3b312b550dc8d83129a3c722f5868.jpg

How about we go off what he actually said, rather than what you imagine him to be like?

Would you believe them if they were white? I bet you wouldn't be defending Clarko if he took the bombers job.

What was the name of that other thread..

Bigfooty is a haven for racist trolls

thread has more "draftees" than a chopper over Saigon in the 70s
I believe all people are innocent until proven guilty.

Might be a foreign concept to the virtue signallers of today.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back