NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
From the truth.

How coach I've got relationship issues. Don't know what to do. Partner is pregnant and I don't think I can handle having a kid. I'm 18 years old and I don't know how to break it off with my partner.

Listen son, life can be hard and having a kid if you're not ready is even harder. Have you and your partner thought about an abortion.

10 YEARS LATER.

"HE WANTED ME TO KILL MY BABY".

Doesn't take an Einstein to work out how the story has morphed.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

It hasn't morphed; it's an entirely different story to what you're proposing lol

Poor Clarko “ not in a good place” He’s at north , hang on, it’s an excellent point.

He's at Hawthorn until November 1st. Even more damning on them.

Going to be a lot of egg on faces of the virtue signalling woke folk in this thread when the truth comes out

When the truth comes out? Starting to sound like a 2013 Bombers fan

Going to be a lot of egg on faces of the virtue signalling woke folk in this thread when the truth comes out

You forgot to mention defund the ABC so unfortunately there's no buzz word bingo for you this morning.

Time will tell if my privalaged white male intuition, or your men can have menstrual cycles new way of thinking is correct.

I'd bet mine is closer to the mark.

Bet you thought this was as witty as it gets. FMD

All the coaches are those despised middle aged white males.

What can we do about this unacceptable situation?
I don't think the issue is with any of those three things, rather their actions.

I believe all people are innocent until proven guilty.

Might be a foreign concept to the virtue signallers of today.

You seriously saying you believe people are innocent until guilty while also saying that you believe that the accusers have already changed their story based on conversations you've imagined.

This has to be one if the most unhinged, hypocritical takes I've seen 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn this thread morphed in to Sky after dark. Moderating it must be hard work.

Yeah early on I was impressed with the content of the thread with the majority of posters acknowledging the need to stamp out racism and having an awareness of this context.

I was naïve to think it would continue that way, now full of those offended when racism is called out. Always find it perplexing when the first reaction of a lot of peoples first reaction is to say you can not call out racism and have concern for those accused of it and not have awareness of the impact of racism.

Kennett, speaking at the club's best and fairest awards night, said the club is not in crisis and has described the issue as a "bump along the highway".

He probably feels the same about the Stolen Generation. What an absolute Turd of a human being.

Yeah early on I was impressed with the content of the thread with the majority of posters acknowledging the need to stamp out racism and having an awareness of this context.

I was naïve to think it would continue that way, now full of those offended when racism is called out. Always find it perplexing when the first reaction of a lot of peoples first reaction is to say you can not call out racism and have concern for those accused of it and not have awareness of the impact of racism.
The drum beaters and attention seekers always continue long after most others have contributed. Proudly shouting into the ether about how little they care about any of this.

The drum beaters and attention seekers always continue long after most others have contributed. Proudly shouting into the ether about how little they care about any of this.

Yep who cares about Adam Goodes, Eddie Betts. Same group say the same about Grace Tame - who cares but spend ages getting defensive and offended when she says anything.

Personally I am 100% against this. Hawthorn have actually done the right thing by doing the review in the first place. I think that positive outweighs past negatives. We want to foster an "openness" policy where past actions/behaviours can be addressed and then things put into place so they dont happen again.
Having the Hawks punished as a club could potentially stop other clubs from "taking the risk" of doing their own reviews.
That is a bit like arguing that confession and a guilty plea should result in no sentence, though.

I completely get what you're saying, but in this case, the openness should be taken into consideration rather than nullifying any and all consequences.

That is a bit like arguing that confession and a guilty plea should result in no sentence, though.

I completely get what you're saying, but in this case, the openness should be taken into consideration rather than nullifying any and all consequences.
I am not saying individuals should not have consequences, just that I dont agree with sanctions against the club.

I am not saying individuals should not have consequences, just that I dont agree with sanctions against the club.
I think there should be. If Hawthorn hadn't reported it, and it came out some other way (as, admittedly, it already has done), then there would be punishment on the club - and serious punishment at that. Confessing doesn't eliminate that punishment entirely.

I think there should be. If Hawthorn hadn't reported it, and it came out some other way (as, admittedly, it already has done), then there would be punishment on the club - and serious punishment at that. Confessing doesn't eliminate that punishment entirely.
Worksafe Victoria is investigating them.

That's a good place to start re the club vs the individuals named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back