List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed unfortunately we are not going to be able trade back into the 1st anywhere high enough to nab Phillipou as Reidy said pick 5 is gone for Rankine without saying as such. The fellas down the road have pick 8 so Phillipou most likely going to the paps.
What would Picks #23 and #25 give us, in terms of a first round ......Pick #14 ?

A little Gem from trade radio when discussing the Oliver Henry trade request , not sure which nuffie it was but I am sure I heard one speak of the “Genuine go home factor” . Collingwood to Geelong a long way apparently .
To be fair, the Henrys apparently grew up 5 minutes from KP and are lifelong fans (plus his brother already plays there). If Geelong want him why wouldn't you try it?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What would Picks #23 and #25 give us, in terms of a first round ......Pick #14 ?
Likely nothing in the 1st round, can't see clubs being interested in trading down unless it's for a big points difference to enable them to nab a F/s or Academy player, better utilised on a player that the recruiting team rate that's slipped out of the 1st round. Especially in this draft where most clubs seem to be hinting they'll be outta there by the end of the 3rd round if not earlier..

Agreed unfortunately we are not going to be able trade back into the 1st anywhere high enough to nab Phillipou as Reidy said pick 5 is gone for Rankine without saying as such. The fellas down the road have pick 8 so Phillipou most likely going to the paps.
Port potentially looking to split that (though they have less need seeing that they can't get anyone to go there), and Phillipou looks like he could fall out of the top ten, so a teens pick could get him.

Likely nothing in the 1st round, can't see clubs being interested in trading down unless it's for a big points difference to enable them to nab a F/s or Academy player, better utilised on a player that the recruiting team rate that's slipped out of the 1st round. Especially in this draft where most clubs seem to be hinting they'll be outta there by the end of the 3rd round if not earlier..
Yeah, I think a lot of clubs will be looking to move up or into 2023.

I think we'd get more takers splitting 5 and moving down than we would trying to pool picks and move up.

I think we should instead use 22 and 25 - grab a ruck and maybe a key defender? Or one of the SA mids who've slipped, like Ryan?

oh so 14 is fine for dunkley who is the dogs B and F

and rankine who is not even top 10 we have to give up 5

fair suck of the sav - no way pick in the teens or walk him - if we miss cos someone else takes him (has never happened) we still got pick 5!
Did I say “pick 14 is all the lions will need for Dunkley” did I?…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're better trying to get a future pick(s) back for Rankine if we are to use 5 since GC will need points in 2023.

Something like 5, 23/2, 23/3 for Rankine, 23/1
i dont like it but everyone might accept that

imagine how salty they woukd be if they finished last next year - that would be harley reid welcome to the crows (horne quickly forgotten) 😂

i dont like it but everyone might accept that

imagine how salty they woukd be if they finished last next year - that would be harley reid welcome to the crows (horne quickly forgotten)
I think that's what the Suns would be fearful of. They sound desperate to win the Rankine trade.

Tbh, I was one of the people that thought there was no chance of trading pick 5(6 after Ashcroft) due to the Crows needing top end talent. But the sixth best mustn't good enough in the recruiter's eyes.

If this is all part of getting JHF, I'm all for it.

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that's what the Suns would be fearful of. They sound desperate to win the Rankine trade.

Tbh, I was one of the people that thought there was no chance of trading pick 5(6 after Ashcroft) due to the Crows needing top end talent. But the sixth best mustn't good enough in the recruiter's eyes.

well theyre not winning the bowes trade so why are they being so pedantic

Will be gun midfielder forward

we will win in end and gc know it

bring on new Andrew McCloud Jason akamanis

will be gun every bit of pick 5

something back bonus

they aint got nothing else and they need points galore for the FSs this year and next

ps my comment wasnt aimed at you more the media
I don't think they have a F/S next year, I think it's the following year.

I think we're better trying to get a future pick(s) back for Rankine if we are to use 5 since GC will need points in 2023.

Something like 5, 23/2, 23/3 for Rankine, 23/1
That would be a net loss of points for next year, though?

That would be a net loss of points for next year, though?
Do points really matter though? If the top end next year is reported as being very good then I'd happily trade a second and third to get a potential early/mid first round pick.
I feel points are only worth it for matching bids. Outside of that it doesn't add much value.

Do points really matter though? If the top end next year is reported as being very good then I'd happily trade a second and third to get a potential early/mid first round pick.
I feel points are only worth it for matching bids. Outside of that it doesn't add much value.

Makes for a good pissing contest between fans though.

I remember all over socials the war between Adelaide and Carlton fans re: Stocker trade. Everyone adding up points etc and then Carlton being like 'we won't know the winner for 10 years blah blah'. Turns out we knew the result was a nil-all draw just a mere 3 or 4 years later but that was basically rooted in points at the time

I

I hope we take Rankine to the PSD and they get nothing.

Blows my mind that we are possibly going to make so few changes this year, and are evidently hamstrung by some contracts.

We really should be terminating McPherson and Seedsman's contracts, but there's been no word of this.

Keep Seed around the club as a development coach.

Rowe, Frampton, Crouch, Sholl, Borlase, Davis should all be moved on or for cheap picks

Blows my mind that we are possibly going to make so few changes this year, and are evidently hamstrung by some contracts.

We really should be terminating McPherson and Seedsman's contracts, but there's been no word of this.

Keep Seed around the club as a development coach.

Rowe, Frampton, Crouch, Sholl, Borlase, Davis should all be moved on or for cheap picks
We may as well lay rest the idea of crouch seeking a trade. Hes in Singapore right now with smith Laird tex and Murphy during the upcoming trade period, if he was going surely he’d be in Adelaide and have his hands full especially with his pregnant fiancée.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back