Roast Does anyone not like the majority of their own teams fanbase?

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Bro 100% those few cats people police literally every thread throwing personal attacks. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wojcinski, PB and Fadge (Apparently a pies supporter) are the same person. They literally all reply to me at the exact same time and liking each other’s comments EVERY time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Should put this in the Richmond 2022 salt mine thread mate because they’re going to come for you again if they read this. As I said the other day, it’s really pathetic that I felt safer in Richmond’s sanctuary. And extremely embarrassing as a Geelong fan that I fit in far better with you lot

I think PB is alright. Just comes off a bit cranky at times. Not as familiar with the other two.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
I used to find Freo supporters optimism endearing, but now I just find it grating. Also if you go agains the popular train of thought you’ll invariably be called a West Coast supporter which is rather asinine.
Your honest opinion of Freo supporter, Kram

Legend I reckon. Masochist too, perhaps.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I used to find Freo supporters optimism endearing, but now I just find it grating. Also if you go agains the popular train of thought you’ll invariably be called a West Coast supporter which is rather asinine.
Oh hai matey!

paranoiaconfidence_4.jpg

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I like Melbourne supporters on the whole, or the ones on here at least.

Being a Melbourne supporter feels a bit like being trapped in a bomb shelter during the blitz, night after night, and everything is exploding but in spite of this you grow to have a strange camaraderie with the strangers cowering in the bunker and occasionally someone offers you a hunk of black market cheese and maybe a guy has brought a phonograph down with some of his jazz collection

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Yeah but the fans at the games are actually a pretty good lot. Can't be compared to the people with a bit of internet power on here.
It's partly two decades of pent up frustration, but I find Carlton supporters are a good reason not to attend Carlton games.

There's a lot of collective delusion, constant scapegoating - bad players get hammered, good players get hammered.

My mates have commented that Blues supporters are particularly harsh on the squad - even when the reasons for losing are understandable - and were unnerved sitting around groups of older Carlton fans.

Kobe Gryant

extremely overqualified chemistry teacher
Jul 31, 2021
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Bro 100% those few cats people police literally every thread throwing personal attacks. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wojcinski, PB and Fadge (Apparently a pies supporter) are the same person. They literally all reply to me at the exact same time and liking each other’s comments EVERY time.

Just post better and more objective content and people will agree with you more.

I don't know you as a person obviously, but there's an old belief that if everyone you run into is a flog, then chances are you might need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're attributing to the problem.

There's exceptions obviously, but buy & large this is usually how it goes.

If you don't care what other people think and just want to keep doing your own thing then by all means, do you!! It's your life, but I wouldn't recommend whinging about it on the internet and just baiting these posters into replying to you again. It doesn't help you or them, it gets no one anywhere.

Anyway just my 2cents, up to you what you do with it.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Just post better and more objective content and people will agree with you more.

I don't know you as a person obviously, but there's an old belief that if everyone you run into is a flog, then chances are you might need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're attributing to the problem.

There's exceptions obviously, but buy & large this is usually how it goes.

If you don't care what other people think and just want to keep doing your own thing then by all means, do you!! It's your life, but I wouldn't recommend whinging about it on the internet and just baiting these posters into replying to you again. It doesn't help you or them, it gets no one anywhere.

Anyway just my 2cents, up to you what you do with it.

I just complemented your coach on another thread and they took it the wrong way yet again. And btw it’s not just me, why do you think this thread was made.

I just enjoy your posting, mostly because you love to throw out some bait and then play the victim when someone comes along and corrects your misinformation. I just don't think you realise that not everyone has to agree with your opinion, and not agreeing with you doesn't mean they're personally attacking you.

Obviously the internet can make it seem worse with some of the complete weirdos you can come across but I just find as a Geelong supporter the overwhelming majority are overbearing and not up to touch with reality. The only thing I actually agree with that they have to say is the obvious home game bullshit but why didn’t anyone bring that up when we were actually any good?

Let’s be honest about the club, too. They simply do not give a s**t, they are just happy to make the 8 every year and maybe make a profit. I cannot think of a fanbase that sooks as much as ours. You also couldn’t find a more perfect pair of tossers to be the main focus. Chris Scott and Patrick Dangerfield. They’re embarrassing.

I feel like a few people here will probably agree with what I’ve personally said about my own club. I was just wondering if anyone else was as disillusioned with their fanbase as much as me? Is this normal?
I think you'll find there are a lot of posters from all clubs you'll feel the same about. Looking at your second paragraph (and knowing this was posted quite a while ago) you probably copped the brunt of some Cats fans because of your opinion that the club doesn't want to win. Like I said to your mate in my last post, not everyone will agree with you, especially when you have an opinion that is quite divisive and that probably reinforces your opinion on Geelong supporters.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
I think you'll find there are a lot of posters from all clubs you'll feel the same about. Looking at your second paragraph (and knowing this was posted quite a while ago) you probably copped the brunt of some Cats fans because of your opinion that the club doesn't want to win. Like I said to your mate in my last post, not everyone will agree with you, especially when you have an opinion that is quite divisive and that probably reinforces your opinion on Geelong supporters.
Geelong supporters have a pack mentality despite the fact there isn’t many of them on here. For a group of people too scared to make a noise and fear Richmond supporters at the MCG you’re a very loud bunch online. Internet anonymity creates big balls I guess. How can you fear Richmond fans making a noise? Would you fear me for being similar? Most of us ‘intimidating loudmouths’ are nice people. We just love our football!

What I’ve found with you wolves is if you don’t like everything that the club does then you should find another club to support. If you have one cynical view in between premierships, then you don’t deserve to be happy when we finally snag one. This is bullshit that I saw our posters spew on our board when even Biggy would be over the moon! Tagging your more negative types to gloat is absolutely pathetic. Obviously, I have nothing to complain about after winning a premiership and am rapt. I finally believe Chris Scott is a great coach.

Live, I find Geelong supporters have very little passion and are very quiet at football games especially at Kardinia Park where almost everyone in attendance is a Geelong supporter. Boring.

I don’t know if it’s because your average Geelong supporter is a lot older than me, or doesn’t care about footy as much as it means to me. I just know that if 7 year old me in 2004 knew what I knew now, if this would even be the club for me? Too loyal to change.

If personality and the enjoyment of banter means anything then I honestly believe I probably should’ve gone for Port Adelaide, Carlton or Richmond (come from Darwin so had free range & my immediate family supports one of these three clubs). I have a little brother who is getting into footy, and I will never tell him to support Geelong. It’s a lonely team to support when all you want is to have a fun time regardless of result.

Need to reiterate the fact that while over the years, I might have come across as negative at times. However I’ve always been one to admit when I am wrong and post positivity. I’m nothing like Blightys.

Just want to add for reference that the reason I fell in love with this club was because the first game I ever watched live was our 4 point win at AAMI Stadium over Port Adelaide, the reigning premiers in 2005.

Last edited:
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I just complemented your coach on another thread and they took it the wrong way yet again. And btw it’s not just me, why do you think this thread was made.

Because we aren’t idiots mate.

Saying ‘so and so is good but should have achieved this this and this’ is 1. A backhanded compliment - ie not really a compliment at all and 2, it ignores a whole heap of reasons why your theory actually doesn’t stand up. No one blew up at you no one threw abuse at you it was just pointed out that ‘well actually no, under any measurement system he shouldn’t have just magically achieved what you said, and if you’re complimenting the guy then make it a compliment, not a backhanded one.’

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Because we aren’t idiots mate.

Saying ‘so and so is good but should have achieved this this and this’ is 1. A backhanded compliment - ie not really a compliment at all and 2, it ignores a whole heap of reasons why your theory actually doesn’t stand up. No one blew up at you no one threw abuse at you it was just pointed out that ‘well actually no, under any measurement system he shouldn’t have just magically achieved what you said, and if you’re complimenting the guy then make it a compliment, not a backhanded one.’
Don’t know if you’ve read my previous post above this one here but you’re actually the perfect example.

I’ve noticed that we don’t agree on much at all related to our club of choice and yet through your typing, I feel like I could probably kickback, smash a few beers and we’d still get on perfectly.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong supporters have a pack mentality despite the fact there isn’t many of them on here. For a group of people too scared to make a noise and fear Richmond supporters at the MCG you’re a very loud bunch online. Internet anonymity creates big balls I guess. How can you fear Richmond fans making a noise? Would you fear me for being similar? Most of us ‘intimidating loudmouths’ are nice people. We just love our football!

What I’ve found with you wolves is if you don’t like everything that the club does then you should find another club to support. If you have one cynical view in between premierships, then you don’t deserve to be happy when we finally snag one. This is bullshit that I saw our posters spew on our board when even Biggy would be over the moon! Tagging your more negative types to gloat is absolutely pathetic. Obviously, I have nothing to complain about after winning a premiership and am rapt. I finally believe Chris Scott is a great coach.

Live, I find Geelong supporters have very little passion and are very quiet at football games especially at Kardinia Park where almost everyone in attendance is a Geelong supporter. Boring.

I don’t know if it’s because your average Geelong supporter is a lot older than me, or doesn’t care about footy as much as it means to me. I just know that if 7 year old me in 2004 knew what I knew now, if this would even be the club for me? Too loyal to change.

If personality and the enjoyment of banter means anything then I honestly believe I probably should’ve gone for Port Adelaide, Carlton or Richmond (come from Darwin so had free range & my immediate family supports one of these three clubs). I have a little brother who is getting into footy, and I will never tell him to support Geelong. It’s a lonely team to support when all you want is to have a fun time regardless of result.

Need to reiterate the fact that while over the years, I might have come across as negative at times. However I’ve always been one to admit when I am wrong and post positivity. I’m nothing like Blightys.

Just want to add for reference that the reason I fell in love with this club was because the first game I ever watched live was our 4 point win at AAMI Stadium over Port Adelaide, the reigning premiers in 2005.

Mate I live in Bathurst and medically can’t drive. What noise do you think I’m going to make at the MCG?

Like it or not it isn’t up to you to tell someone that they don’t do it right as far as their barracking goes.

I don’t go to football matches when I do get the chance to attend, to go and boo someone or scream maniacally when something eventful happens. I go to clap and cheer and voice my approval when my team does something good.

Standing there gesticulating and booing does nothing for me. As entrenched in the tribalism as I get is telling Ed Richards that ‘yeah it was a good goal but you still have red hair.’

I don’t believe judging a supporter for how much noise they make, and telling them that they’re scared simply because they don’t lose control of their emotions, is your right.

Making an assessment on the QUALITY of what fans produce - I can get that. Ie. English football fans. They’re incredible, the singing is amazing. Aussie fans can’t reproduce it. That doesn’t mean we are ‘worse fans’ though

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Don’t know if you’ve read my previous post above this one here but you’re actually the perfect example.

I’ve noticed that we don’t agree on much at all related to our club of choice and yet through your typing, I feel like I could probably kickback, smash a few beers and we’d still get on perfectly.

There’s people that I will say I think are dickheads on this forum, naming no names, but contrary to what people might think, I don’t believe Falcon is one of them. I certainly don’t believe you are one.

There’s no requirement to agree on everything. If everyone did there would be no use for a forum.

Holding a view based on nothing more than the colours being worn by the person that view relates to, though, is something that invites derision and understandably that’s often where discussions on this forum end up

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thinly disguised self-loathing thread for some Cats fans.

Spoiled children sooking about watching their side finish top 4 year after year and with three flags in their lifetime. Supporters of some clubs would be stoked if they won one final.
It’s this type of supporter.

Undertone of pure arrogance…. “We’ve been spoilt with 3 flags and constant top 4 finishes…”

You could almost pass as a Richmond supporter.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
There’s people that I will say I think are dickheads on this forum, naming no names, but contrary to what people might think, I don’t believe Falcon is one of them. I certainly don’t believe you are one.

There’s no requirement to agree on everything. If everyone did there would be no use for a forum.

Holding a view based on nothing more than the colours being worn by the person that view relates to, though, is something that invites derision and understandably that’s often where discussions on this forum end up
I can only think of one Richmond fan on this website that is a complete and utter fool and I think even some the Richmond fans wouldn’t disagree. No doubt in my mind it’s one of the names you’re thinking of yourself.

The rest of them I find to be ******* brilliant and next year I’d be hell keen to attend a BF meet up with them if their board even does it. I know our board does and I wouldn’t be seen out in public with a lot of them.

I’d be the one poor prick all by myself amongst the yellow and black army but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I live for that s**t, dude!

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

In what ways do you complement him? Is it with incompetence?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I can only think of one Richmond fan on this website that is a complete and utter fool and I think even some the Richmond fans wouldn’t disagree. No doubt in my mind it’s one of the names you’re thinking of yourself.

The rest of them I find to be ******* brilliant and next year I’d be hell keen to attend a BF meet up with them if their board even does it. I know our board does and I wouldn’t be seen out in public with a lot of them.

I’d be the one poor prick all by myself amongst the yellow and black army but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I live for that s**t, dude!

I can take it or leave it - this wouldn’t necessarily be the case with Richmond fans but I went to the infamous Nick Davis game at the SCG in 2005. While I will never ever forget the atmosphere, which WAS unbelievable, I also remember having verbal s**t rained down on me from a supporter base that was largely only converted into the sport in the 2-3 years prior. I had supported the Cats for 16 years and it was a very lonely feeling.

I’ve only been to two cats games in Victoria. I found most of the fans at Marvel were good to be around apart from the two old crones behind me who were simply horrible to me because I had the temerity to stand up a few times.

Watching us play at KP was one of the highlights of my life and I had no complaints with anyone I saw or interacted with before or during the game, or when I went out afterwards

Big Papa Ted

Team Captain
May 26, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've never lived in Melbourne, and live in Adelaide. I've been told our supporters are similar to Port Adelaide's.

I've always wanted to go to a Collingwood game at the MCG, but I'm terrified that I'll despise Pies fans from the experience. Hearing Port fans on the hill at Adelaide still haunts me, it was unbearable.

This your 'complement' (sic)?

Add up the probability of winning a flag from the other positions and yes it’d be about 4. Minor premiers are not the only teams that win it. Believe it or not even though you just won a flag you are still below par what you should be, pretty amazing when you think about it.

Didn't you also just come off a ban for trolling the Geelong board?

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
I like Melbourne supporters on the whole, or the ones on here at least.

Being a Melbourne supporter feels a bit like being trapped in a bomb shelter during the blitz, night after night, and everything is exploding but in spite of this you grow to have a strange camaraderie with the strangers cowering in the bunker and occasionally someone offers you a hunk of black market cheese and maybe a guy has brought a phonograph down with some of his jazz collection

You've had to stick together in that bomb shelter through a lot haha - it makes sense

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018

Here here.

Back