List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see the Dogs taking just our future first rounder for Dunkley. We’ll need to find another pick for sure.

Same s**t happens every year. Dogs have put out in the media they're seeking two first rounders for him, now we've put out we're offering just our first next year. Both teams will eventually meet somewhere in the middle.

I can’t see the Dogs taking just our future first rounder for Dunkley. We’ll need to find another pick for sure.

We’ll just throw in that pony that Bevo asked for.

891AC640-B6E6-4B77-932C-F415EA711D61.gif

On the Suns board, one of the biggest knock on Bowes is that he is slow.

Lions need more leg speed, not less.

Given he spent parts of the season out of the GC best 22, there is no certainty that he would be in our best 22.

I’ve always thought to trade in a player they really should be in your best 15 (or to fill a positional role). Otherwise, even if Bowes did play off the bench, and pushed out a similar quality player like an Ah Chee or Prior), you end up no better off, but actually worse off due to a greater salary cap squeeze.
Bowes will choose Geelong

Based on recent points trades for first round picks, I reckon we'd be aiming for a surplus around ~500 points.
I think we'd have our eye on Gold Coast's picks to split our pick 15. They seem to have a lot of the pick's in the late 20's, 30's and 40's that would be of use to us to bid on Ashcroft.

Gold Coast current picks - 7, 25, 32, 35, 44, 53, 68, 71 and 80.

How in theworld could Geelong afford him after they bring in the other guys from GWS.I mean I know Selwood retired but everyone else is still there.

They’ll simply offer him a 4 year deal spread the $$ over that period

We’ll just throw in that pony that Bevo asked for.

View attachment 1524131

tumblr_n5qhq84NGi1qzcd69o2_250.gifv

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How in theworld could Geelong afford him after they bring in the other guys from GWS.I mean I know Selwood retired but everyone else is still there.

Bruhn, Henry, McKenna, Bowes. Crazy hey.

Power switch: Young Roos star eyes trade to Port Adelaide​

North Melbourne's Jason Horne-Francis is set to lodge a trade request to return home to Adelaide

Was back when when Dunkley and Ashcroft were still mooted dreams there was an element of 'well if they come in Dev might as well move on as he will be even further behind in the pecking order'.

Now that we 'have' Dunkley, Gunston, Ascroft, Fletcher, White, and potentially Bowers and McKenna ... and reportedly Dev being considered best 22 ... which players will be reading that news and despairing of ever getting a look in at the Lions?

Obviously Tom Berry is one.

I think we'd have our eye on Gold Coast's picks to split our pick 15. They seem to have a lot of the pick's in the late 20's, 30's and 40's that would be of use to us to bid on Ashcroft.

Gold Coast current picks - 7, 25, 32, 35, 44, 53, 68, 71 and 80.

After Rankine trade they'll have 5 as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back