List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if north will elect not to bid on Ashcroft now since they are losing their number 1 pick from last year
I'm not 100% convinced North will bid on Ashcroft at No. 1. Do they want to hand an opposition player the $10k bonus or give it to their own player ?

They had the chance to bid on Darcy / Daicos last year and didn't.

Perhaps Ashcroft changes their thinking is he is the clear No. 1 in the draft.

JHF is pretty clearly a gun player but has massive character flaws. I don’t expect him to live up to his pick 1 billing
Massive character flaws??? Care to expand beyond the usual issues that all 18 year olds have especially when drafted to a shitshow of a club

Massive character flaws??? Care to expand beyond the usual issues that all 18 year olds have especially when drafted to a shitshow of a club
Well his dad (former Port Adelaide player Fabian Francis) is a convicted criminal and Jason added his dads surname due to him having a massive influence on his footy and life (red flag 1), while also dropping out of school by year 10/11 to work at a dairy place at a farm instead, due to rumours of being expelled from high school or whatever (red flag 2).

Take that what you will about Jason’s character now :huh:

Well his dad (former Port Adelaide player Fabian Francis) is a convicted criminal and Jason added his dads surname due to him having a massive influence on his footy and life (red flag 1), while also dropping out of school by year 10/11 to work at a dairy place at a farm instead, due to rumours of being expelled from high school or whatever (red flag 2).

2 extremely stupid examples but good effort being the daily mail of Bigfooty.

Also Fabian Francis is his step dad, not sure how someone who’s been a criminal can’t reform and be a positive influence on someone’s life

Last edited:
2 extremely stupid examples but good effort being the daily mail of Bigfooty.

Also Fabian Francis is his step dad, also not sure how someone who’s been a criminal can’t reform and be a positive influence on someone’s life
Family Guy Ded GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not 100% convinced North will bid on Ashcroft at No. 1. Do they want to hand an opposition player the $10k bonus or give it to their own player ?

They had the chance to bid on Darcy / Daicos last year and didn't.

Perhaps Ashcroft changes their thinking is he is the clear No. 1 in the draft.
Look, it's definitely a possibility, but we wont know until draft day unfortunately. So we have to prepare for the most. Realistically, we're likely to have a deficit on next year, so it'd just affect the potential deficit anyway.

She'll be right.

I think you'll find a few people on here with relatives who have been in legal trouble. Doesn't mean much. Hell, some might even have family who are Pies fans.

As for dropped out of school... he went to work. As a farmer. Not uncommon. Plus, even if I accept your overall premise: you're telling me that some highly athletic school students aren't book-smart? Shock horror.

I would have looked at his attitude this year before either of those.

I wonder if north will elect not to bid on Ashcroft now since they are losing their number 1 pick from last year

I wonder if it makes them more likely to bid on Ashcroft as a way to decrease the pressure on the player they take (instead of them being the pick 1 after their previous pick 1 left).

I wonder if it makes them more likely to bid on Ashcroft as a way to decrease the pressure on the player they take (instead of them being the pick 1 after their previous pick 1 left).
It is all a moot point. Ashcroft is the clearest number 1 in a long time. It devalues him, and the system, if he is not given that status,

Lot of all time greats have serious character flaws.g.John Nicholls G Ablett Senior

There are different character flaws though some that have no affect on a career and some will. JHF seems spineless & petulant. Not made of the right stuff for a champion. Will have to wait and see.

I prefer McDonald more than those two, something tells me North Melbourne should have chose him instead of Phillips :think:

I’d absolutely take McDonald, you can’t imagine he’s too happy about being left out of the team for the GF over an injured old bloke

Look, it's definitely a possibility, but we wont know until draft day unfortunately. So we have to prepare for the most. Realistically, we're likely to have a deficit on next year, so it'd just affect the potential deficit anyway.

She'll be right.

I think it's possible for us to get everything done without going into deficit.

We've currently got 5 picks - 15, 34, 45, 70 and 88

1. We trade pick 15 and 70 for three lower picks (e.g. 2nd round plus two 3rd rounds)
2. We also trade Berry and 45 to Gold Coast for 2 of their picks (e.g. 32 and 54)

With the McStay compensation pick (2nd round) we'll then have 8 picks we can trade.

3. Our highest pick (2nd round) plus our future first is used for Dunkley.
4. Our two lowest picks are used for Gunston.

This should leave 5 picks going into the draft (ranging in the 30's and 40's) that we can use on the Ashcroft bid and we then re-enter the draft after matching with one low draft pick.

5. We then do a live trade on draft night of our future 2nd for two current picks (e.g. in the 40's) to bid on Fletcher and we re-enter the draft after matching with one low draft pick.

We then use our remaining pick to take our third draftee.

Under this scenario, we won't go into deficit but will have to use our future first and second to get everything done. I think this also means we'll need five list spots available prior to the draft, so will need some more delistings from the senior list.

1. We trade pick 15 and 70 for three lower picks (e.g. 2nd round plus two 3rd rounds)
2. We also trade Berry and 45 to Gold Coast for 2 of their picks (e.g. 32 and 54)

With the McStay compensation pick (2nd round) we'll then have 8 picks we can trade.

This should leave 5 picks going into the draft (ranging in the 30's and 40's) that we can use on the Ashcroft bid and we then re-enter the draft after matching with one low draft pick.

5. We then do a live trade on draft night of our future 2nd for two current picks (e.g. in the 40's) to bid on Fletcher and we re-enter the draft after matching with one low draft pick.

Under this scenario, we won't go into deficit but will have to use our future first and second to get everything done. I think this also means we'll need five list spots available prior to the draft, so will need some more delistings from the senior list.

Could try something more wild.

Lets say Bowes picks us. Bowes + 7 and McStay compo is 19

7, 15, 19 for 1 and later picks from North

1 and Dev for 2 and a second/third rounder from Eagles, with handshake agreement not to bid on Ashcroft

Get Cadman/Busslinger/Tsatas at 2, match Ashcroft at 3, get Fletcher later, Dunkley for future 1st 😂😂😂

I thought you couldnt trade out a future 1st and future 2nd unless you had others? Top of my head, you can trade out a 2nd, 3rd, 4th next year as long as you hold a future 1st (any 1st), or you could trade a future 1st as long as you help a 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I could be wrong though. Any if our draft experts?

Regardless, you've got no deficit because you've just traded the future picks the deficit would affect. 6 of one...

I thought you couldnt trade out a future 1st and future 2nd unless you had others? Top of my head, you can trade out a 2nd, 3rd, 4th next year as long as you hold a future 1st (any 1st), or you could trade a future 1st as long as you help a 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I could be wrong though. Any if our draft experts?

Regardless, you've got no deficit because you've just traded the future picks the deficit would affect. 6 of one...
Yep we can't trade both future first and second. Either trade future first and hold all remaining future picks or the other way around I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back