Recommitted Paddy Dow [OOC 2023] explored his options, but stayed

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes an extremely explosive athlete is why. He actually covers a fair distance most games he plays, somewhere between 14-15kms and occasionally pops up on the distance tracker as top 5 on the ground.. But he loses his power and speed after half time just about every time he plays and becomes very mediocre as soon as he does. Not sure if its fitness or just not pacing himself enough through games, whatever the case he looks like Levi Casboult running around by the 4th qtr.

Funnily enough in his first halves he actually looks unreal some games, will get something like 18-19 touches and 7-8 clearances, yet somehow end the game with 25 and 9-10. He's a bit of a mystery, if he played out games with the power and speed he shows in first halves he would be a very good contributor to most teams, his work around stoppages is strong, his kickings not the best but still much better than it once was and his hands are elite throughout.

A great example of what I talk about, up to half time he's arguably BOG. Then goes almost unsighted in the 2nd half

Bit harsh on Levi there. Meat glides across the surface like a gazelle.

So that's suddenly why he is good.
Legend of a guy. Remember I really had a gripe with him due to his set shot issues but after seeing him spend 2 hours taking pictures with young fans after an open training when he was clearly exhausted I changed my mind on him. Met him a few times a couple of years later and just a very humble and lovely person.

Last edited:
A token pick from North perhaps?
If he’s seeking a trade, there must be at least one club that has expressed interest to his management.
reckon north have enough young mids, even with JHF leaving.

would be suit more at Essendon i reckon, smash clearance and out to the multitude of outside mids they have.

Legend of a guy. Remember I really had a gripe with him due to his set shot issues but after seeing him spend 2 hours taking pictures with young fans after an open training when he was clearly exhausted I changed my mind on him. Met him a few times a couple of years later and just a very humble and lovely person.

He's been an awesome addition to the club. We haven't had a key forward crash packs like him since Charlie Dixon.

Late 2nd rounder? 👀

Stealing Season 10 GIF by The Simpsons

Paddy should attract a mid to late 2nd rounder, it would be a great outcome for both parties. There’s a possibility that Paddy may well reinvigorate his stagnating AFL career, lad has talent he needs to be insipide again.
Im thinking future 3rd or fourth, this is a bit of a salary dump, get a new draftee in and ditch Paddy's contract before you have to delist him next year.
would send whatever rubbish pick we get from swans for Francis.

Paddy should attract a mid to late 2nd rounder, it would be a great outcome for both parties. There’s a possibility that Paddy may well reinvigorate his stagnating AFL career, lad has talent he needs to be insipide again.

If any club is brain dead enough to give you a 2nd or a 3rd for Dow I strongly suggest you run to the lodger station and sign it off ASAP! Surely that is overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a late 2nd around #35-40 at best.

Surely nobody would pay a mid-2nd around 25-30. Heck people were saying Jack Graham isn't worth that much but he's a damned better player than Dow so far on merit.

Maybe a late 2nd around #35-40 at best.

Surely nobody would pay a mid-2nd around 25-30. Heck people were saying Jack Graham isn't worth that much but he's a damned better player than Dow so far on merit.
Pick 40-50

Need to forget about the fact he was a top 5 pick

He's a VFL player 5 years into his career

Pick 40-50

Need to forget about the fact he was a top 5 pick

He's a VFL player 5 years into his career
Has to be mid to late 3rd, agreed

Yes he can get 15 clearances and kick 3 goals.. in the VFL

Yet to crack 30 touches in a game at AFL level. Whilst I still think he will make it elsewhere it’s very difficult to see how anyone could rate him as a 2nd rounder.

Unpopular opinion but I would give him a shot.

Can't be worse than the Brown brothers in terms of list spot utilisation.

Would have to come at basement price though.

So he should. Stalled badly at Carlton for whatever reason and probably 7th-8th in line for a midfield gig.

Hope he figures it out because his best play at stoppages is elite, unfortunately his tank and defensive running hasn't improved since his first year
Sounds like Narkle and he just got delisted.

If Dow was really smart here, he should suggest a move to the Giants.

Gets him away from the Vic. footy bubble plus seeing as they are losing Taranto & Hopper, gives him plenty of opportunity to cement himself in their midfield brigade.
Cogs, Kelly, Green, Perryman, Callaghan, Ward, Whitfield, Ash all play ahead of him. It's weird that Matt Kennedy was able to cement his spot yet Dow cant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back