Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Awesome.

Normally it's just the s**t tier AFL media throwing us under a bus during situations like this. Now we have our old coach that recruited him adding his two cents as a regular on trade radio. Going to be a long trade period. Thank christ it is no longer 3-4 week trade eon.

Last edited:

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Is this the same Francis that Port delisted in 2001 after a pay dispute? I am sure he will be busting to have Jason play there.
Port didn't delist him by choice. This was back before the current trade period era. Flash Francis was extremely highly rated and a massive, massive fan favourite. Think he won the members award mutliple times. The crowd would light up when he bound down the wing and banged it through from 50.

The fact is, we 100% wanted him to keep playing with us, but he was offered big money by Freo, bit like Rioli with Port this year, and he left us for that chance to set his future up. Unfortunately at the time it all backfired big time as a Freo salary cap issue meant he was left high and dry, before doing his knee and ending his career.

If Fabian could have his time again I'm 100% he would not have left Port.

Damo definitely ignoring texts.
Constantly reading his screen and pointing out minor corrections sent his way.

But refused to acknowledge Rawlings said the Clarko stuff wasn't a factor, despite what Damo claimed

**** what a pearl of wisdom. In other news Nobes was hearing mid season from plants that they like the sun
Thinks he is Nostradamus when he is only actually Blind Freddy!

I come in peace, genuinely would like to know what trade you think would be fair for both clubs, the snarky trades are just emotions which I can appreciate( thinking back to Ben Jacobs our first rounder who you got for free, which left me furious). I hope we compensate you guys appropriately but not over the top, 2 firsts imo is fair, possibly 2 first and a player like Bonner.
If after a lot of haggling we ended up with 2 firsts and Sinn I could live with it. Strong preference for you to find a way to upgrade 8 this year to 4-5 and hand that over.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I often think our supporters underrate our own players and their contribution to the club on and off field. Have been vocal about why I'd have wanted to keep Ben Brown, Robbie Tarrant and Shaun Higgins as North Melbourne players through to their retirements.

So was surprised myself when I felt almost no emotion reading the JHF news. Interesting this sentiment has been expressed by a few others too.

Talented kid but never felt like he bought into our club. His interviews were always underwhelming and despite objections on here, I'd posted that he needed to sign by the end of 2022 to show some kind of investment in the place. Otherwise WTF? He gets to sit back and make us earn his engagement? Great team attitude.

Every #1 pick goes to a club with clear performance issues with a high likelihood of coaching change in their first few years. It's the bottom club FFS. Plus plenty of early selection kids move state to make their mark.

The disingenuous part was him presenting himself as craving the #1 tag and pressure then turning tail at the first opportunity. This isn't about us. I think this request was coming regardless unless we had magically pushed top 4 this year. That he delayed signing so long was evidence enough of his non-commitment, before Clarkson signed or then hit the period of scrutiny.

Don't care that we'll probably never see Jason in North colours again. Was never one of us and all I care about now is that we absolutely nail the trade and bring in a king's ransom for him to set up the club for the next decade and beyond.

Go North.

Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Damo definitely ignoring texts.
Constantly reading his screen and pointing out minor corrections sent his way.

But refused to acknowledge Rawlings said the Clarko stuff wasn't a factor, despite what Damo claimed
There’s no way Rawlings is going to come out and acknowledge it’s a factor even if he believes it is. He has no choice than to say publicly it’s not having an impact. But I beg to differ. The uncertainty around Clarko coaching us is a killer.

What an unbelievable freaking situation we find ourselves in. Can’t believe what’s unfolded.

I can’t help but think of all the new sponsorship $$ we’ve lost too. They would have been lining up but not so now.

I hope some good times are just around the corner for us poor suffering souls. 💙🤍

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I often think our supporters underrate our own players and their contribution to the club on and off field. Have been vocal about why I'd have wanted to keep Ben Brown, Robbie Tarrant and Shaun Higgins as North Melbourne players through to their retirements.

So was surprised myself when I felt almost no emotion reading the JHF news. Interesting this sentiment has been expressed by a few others too.

Talented kid but never felt like he bought into our club. His interviews were always underwhelming and despite objections on here, I'd posted that he needed to sign by the end of 2022 to show some kind of investment in the place. Otherwise WTF? He gets to sit back and make us earn his engagement? Great team attitude.

Every #1 pick goes to a club with clear performance issues with a high likelihood of coaching change in their first few years. It's the bottom club FFS. Plus plenty of early selection kids move state to make their mark.

The disingenuous part was him presenting himself as craving the #1 tag and pressure then turning tail at the first opportunity. This isn't about us. I think this request was coming regardless unless we had magically pushed top 4 this year. That he delayed signing so long was evidence enough of his non-commitment, before Clarkson signed or then hit the period of scrutiny.

Don't care that we'll probably never see Jason in North colours again. Was never one of us and all I care about now is that we absolutely nail the trade and bring in a king's ransom for him to set up the club for the next decade and beyond.

Go North.
There has been something seriously off about his performances too, he was leading our hardball gets early in the season and then just stopped, like not giving a s**t anymore, stopped chasing/giving up.

I’d love to know what happened in the background, cause it was evident something changed.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
There’s no way Rawlings is going to come out and acknowledge it’s a factor even if he believes it is. He has no choice than to say publicly it’s not having an impact. But I beg to differ. The uncertainty around Clarko coaching us is a killer.

What an unbelievable freaking situation we find ourselves in. Can’t believe what’s unfolded.

I can’t help but think of all the new sponsorship $$ we’ve lost too. They would have been lining up but not so now.

I hope some good times are just around the corner for us poor suffering souls. 💙🤍

The Clarkson stuff is a copout IMO Danni. Jason had an entire preseason, season then an announcement of a new superstar coach to re-sign if he wanted to.

Unless he and his agent had a crystal ball forecasting controversy 2 weeks ago it's just a convenient PR play to lessen the Judas stench to his request.

The Clarkson stuff is a copout IMO Danni. Jason had an entire preseason, season then an announcement of a new superstar coach to re-sign if he wanted to.

Unless he and his agent had a crystal ball forecasting controversy 2 weeks ago it's just a convenient PR play to lessen the Judas stench to his request.
Agree.

I think this has been in the works for a long, long time.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There has been something seriously off about his performances too, he was leading our hardball gets early in the season and then just stopped, like not giving a s**t anymore, stopped chasing/giving up.

I’d love to know what happened in the background, cause it was evident something changed.
He got a call from Koshie. Next minute, the cash cow landed on his door step holding a little bag with 30 pieces of silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back