Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Fair. Surely 73 gets it done!
would think the earliest pick you're not going to use does it.
even if we don't get points for Alwyn Jnr, there's still Jayden as a late pick and Munkara might be on our radar if a bid comes in.

I'd leave this one to the last day given the trade isn't going to involve major assets. just agree on whatever the swans have at the end of the period

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Will be interesting to watch next year. He either does a Paddy McCartin or disappears forever. Horse has a good record with this type of player, I just doubt that Francis has the drive to get the best out of him.
will slot in nicely I reckon given they have both McCartin's. He was a quality u18 intercept 3rd tall def.

will slot in nicely I reckon given they have both McCartin's. He was a quality u18 intercept 3rd tall def.

Maybe. It's a guess, but at the price you would be silly to not take the gamble. We do have Gould who has just signed on to. Do feel this signing will allow Rampe to play a looser position in his latter years that could be the biggest benefit IF it works out.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maybe. It's a guess, but at the price you would be silly to not take the gamble. We do have Gould who has just signed on to. Do feel this signing will allow Rampe to play a looser position in his latter years that could be the biggest benefit IF it works out.
I still rate Francis, but I think we've misused him, been a bit of a rabble and it hasn't fostered the best outcome.

Reckon he'll fire at the Swans.

I still rate Francis, but I think we've misused him, been a bit of a rabble and it hasn't fostered the best outcome.

Reckon he'll fire at the Swans.

100% feel he's suffered massively (among others at your club) with poor development and standards, and then he's had COVID seasons too. That isn't to say he shouldn't take some of this blame but I find it hard to not give the bloke a go in a better development system. I hope your system does improve please don' take it as a pile on about your system. Just feel your elopement has been poor.

Jetafl

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Astros Detroit Red Wings KC Chiefs
I thought he wanted to come home but clearly not much interest. I would have taken him for steak knives but good back up for the Swans.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
100% feel he's suffered massively (among others at your club) with poor development and standards, and then he's had COVID seasons too. That isn't to say he shouldn't take some of this blame but I find it hard to not give the bloke a go in a better development system. I hope your system does improve please don' take it as a pile on about your system. Just feel your elopement has been poor.
nah, pile on. we're garbage :p

nah, pile on. we're garbage :p

Surely it can get better and it will. Changes are being made and I just hope they are being made in development too, I'm not across them really. I still can't believe Dodoro has kept his job somehow. We don't need to be reminded how bad the Shiel deal was under his watch.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Surely it can get better and it will. Changes are being made and I just hope they are being made in development too, I'm not across them really. I still can't believe Dodoro has kept his job somehow. We don't need to be reminded how bad the Shiel deal was under his watch.
Shiel deal wasn't that bad. And admittedly he doesn't develop the players. Our coaching & football programs should take care of that.

Scott & Mahoney ideally fix that. From what I've seen reported of the review so far, these are key areas of focus.
Brasher mentioned it a couple of times but didnt see any action on that front tbh.

Between Tapping, Caracella, Gia and Tudor, I really don't see how it shouldn't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel deal wasn't that bad. And admittedly he doesn't develop the players. Our coaching & football programs should take care of that.

Scott & Mahoney ideally fix that. From what I've seen reported of the review so far, these are key areas of focus.
Brasher mentioned it a couple of times but didnt see any action on that front tbh.

Between Tapping, Caracella, Gia and Tudor, I really don't see how it shouldn't work.

Oh it was bad, mind you didn't even think you needed that type when it happened, seemed to be "big name lets get him rather than looking at it logically".

Yeah the new system has all the credentials to working Caracella is the big one for me, he could turn things around massively. Dodoro needs to go though this drafting of useless flankers for years has distorted your whole list.

Swans offering a fourth rounder, but I would rather us upgrade our third round pick with their second rounder.
Our third is 5 picks behind their second.

As I said, best deal for us would be Swans F3 for Francis and our F4. We can then use their F3 to get 3rd rounders in this years draft or in a potential James Harmes deal

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Oh it was bad, mind you didn't even think you needed that type when it happened, seemed to be "big name lets get him rather than looking at it logically".

Yeah the new system has all the credentials to working Caracella is the big one for me, he could turn things around massively. Dodoro needs to go though this drafting of useless flankers for years has distorted your whole list.
I like Shiel. And personally didn't mind the deal....esp compared to not sending Daniher to Sydney. sigh.
but yeah, I think Dodoro is gone and Mahoney will re-shape the department with RFK taking more drafting responsibility.

I like Shiel. And personally didn't mind the deal....esp compared to not sending Daniher to Sydney. sigh.
but yeah, I think Dodoro is gone and Mahoney will re-shape the department with RFK taking more drafting responsibility.

From Sydney, thank you for not sending Daniher. I will be forever grateful for Dodoro for that!

Weirdly I think Dodoro did last years draft really well, and Martin is an added bonus.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
From Sydney, thank you for not sending Daniher. I will be forever grateful for Dodoro for that!

Weirdly I think Dodoro did last years draft really well, and Martin is an added bonus.
I think RFK largely does the draft boards now and Rutten had a hand in it, with Mahoney overseeing. vibe I get from the way that dept is now run and why Dodoro may have his knickers in a knot with Mahoney
Hobbs is a very richmond/un-Dodoro like pick. D'Ambriosio, Durham and McDonagh ex-Richmond VFL.
Martin Ill give him given he was a tall flanker with a lot of versatility :p

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Francis deal done today with that new structure in place.

I think RFK largely does the draft boards now and Rutten had a hand in it, with Mahoney overseeing. vibe I get from the way that dept is now run and why Dodoro may have his knickers in a knot with Mahoney
Hobbs is a very richmond/un-Dodoro like pick. D'Ambriosio, Durham and McDonagh ex-Richmond VFL.
Martin Ill give him given he was a tall flanker with a lot of versatility :p

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Francis deal done today with that new structure in place.

Hobbs not being a tall flanker wannabe I swear he'll be a midfielder pick was very un-Dodoro for sure. Whatever happened last year it worked, keep doing that.

Sep 30, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Good luck to Aaron. I hope he can discover that 2018 form when he was on fire. I just hate it when you get high hopes on a young talent and then they leave, but in Aaron's case, I just hope he thrives up in the best city in the world.

MarkJohnson#1

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
This is smart from the Swans. Good, cheap pick up for them IMO.

He can play. Needs a change of environment and the Swans have shown over the years they can develop underperforming talents from other clubs.

If the Swans can get him to reach his potential they truly are miracle workers. He hasn’t fired a shot since being drafted and has perennially looked bereft of the confidence and flare he showed as a junior.

Hope he goes well though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back