Who wins?

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Origin is all that matters?

DCE was bog average in the second half of the year, Cleary has literally been better for 3 years now. Bringing up the fact he is the incumbent from 3 years ago was just as ridiculous. Cleary has a much better kicking game, way better defender and his goal kicking is another bonus you could use as a decider if you even needed it.

I would be staggered if you found many NRL fans that actually think Cleary is not a better player than DCE

I have already said I’d pick Cleary but I understand the decision. DCE outplayed Cleary in Origin and yea it’s the most important series of the year. Holmes is a top goalkicker too.

Least Tupou isn’t near a side lol

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I have already said I’d pick Cleary but I understand the decision. DCE outplayed Cleary in Origin and yea it’s the most important series of the year. Holmes is a top goalkicker too.

Least Tupou isn’t near a side lol
Fair just saw it coming a mile away, find it personally the wrong call.

strongly agree on Tupou. Wouldn't watch of Tupou was playing, biggest myth of a rep player in history.

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Disagree on the Storm they were on struggle street the second half of the year.

yeah I hear you and agree to a certain extent. Still think they put up a better fight and/or possibly get through cronulla, cowboys etc as Roosters and Souths would've easily.

Point is mute though because Penrith were a level about everyone. I´m happy the best team won it. They are just a clinical, relentless 80 minute team.

Well that's absolutely how I expected that to go.

It's a shame they're such poor winners. I get having an air of arrogance but they really do go beyond that.

They do love a bit of the smug mind you name a good sider regardless of sport that doesn't.

yeah I hear you and agree to a certain extent. Still think they put up a better fight and/or possibly get through cronulla, cowboys etc as Roosters and Souths would've easily.

Point is mute though because Penrith were a level about everyone. I´m happy the best team won it. They are just a clinical, relentless 80 minute team.

If they couldn't get through Canberra they weren't getting through those teams. Not without a fit Paps.

That wasn't cheeky, it was completely disrespectful. I'd be ripping his contract up if I were the Tigers.

Luai is an idiot but it doesn't impact on another club at least.

To be fair is he actually wrong? Come on lets be real for a second we are all thinking it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panthers seem pretty desperate to be the most unlikeable bunch of pricks to take to a footy field. Big effort considering what we see on the regular from league players.

On the Aus side, is Grant the only hooker? Given the work and tackle rate of hookers that seems unwise.

Ben Hunt.

QLD Origin rotation. It works.

Probably not but he's been recruited to turn that around and yet I don't think they should let him through the front door with that attitude.

Tigers don't have a choice lol they have let their other hooker go to the Broncos!

No Cook is madness IMO

Cook is in terrible form this year, and I go to every Souths game I can (dad is a foundation member).

QLD belted NSW in their hooker rotation this year. Koroisau is closer than Cook.

That’s two part time hookers for a position than generally lays the most tackles in a game for a tournament…

I don’t really care who else you have but surely another is required.

Grant is a full time hooker.

Hunt has played his whole origin career as one basically. That’s enough. Can replace one if there is an injury Cook is the travelling reserve with Edwards

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Grant is a full time hooker.

Hunt has played his whole origin career as one basically. That’s enough. Can replace one if there is an injury Cook is the travelling reserve with Edwards
I disagree. Grant looks permanently cooked and that’s why he and Hunt rotate. It’s argurably the hardest working position on the field and we’ve got 2 part timers. Don’t rate it.

I disagree. Grant looks permanently cooked and that’s why he and Hunt rotate. It’s argurably the hardest working position on the field and we’ve got 2 part timers. Don’t rate it.

Worked for Queensland and it won the series. Not sure you can afford a third hooker in a 24 man side there’s only so many reserves

Not sure why you wouldn't rate it with how successfully they managed it through Origin.

Yep and lets be real for 2 seconds there are only 4 decent sides- NZ, England, Tonga. There are only 3 games they would have to play every minute. Maybe you play Cotter at 9 against a poor side.

Back