Opinion Griffin Logue, Moving Forward

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm saying that abusing him on the way out the door is uncalled for. We can be better than that.
I'm not abusing him, i'm saying in that video he looks genuinely un-excited and worried for what he's done. screams of a guy who's chasing coin and has been promised a lot by a coach who at present has his own battles.

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess it’s worth it to him to put up with being miserable for the next 5 years. But geez that more than 20% of his life so far that he’s signed away for the $$$.
It’s Colon. If he’s front loaded, watch him try to get out of the back end of his contract and go elsewhere.

Wobbly Punt

All Australian
Feb 24, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm saying that abusing him on the way out the door is uncalled for. We can be better than that.
I didn’t object to him leaving for the reasons you outlined. The reason I am annoyed is that he allowed his scumbag manager to threaten the psd and stiffed the club he said he has so much affection for.

Leaving is not the issue, it’s how you leave that matters and Logue left poorly and without any class. Stuff him.

By contrast, I have no negative view on Cerra for example.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn’t object to him leaving for the reasons you outlined. The reason I am annoyed is that he allowed his scumbag manager to threaten the psd and stiffed the club he said he has so much affection for.

Leaving is not the issue, it’s how you leave that matters and Logue left poorly and without any class. Stuff him.

By contrast, I have no negative view on Cerra for example.
We all melted over Cez leaving but I think we have had a bit of a reality check. With the way some of our players have departed this season and the way they went about it, really shows that Adam probably deserved more respect from fans. Committed to the club for four years and gave his all. Turned down the paycheck to return home.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue.

Cerra was legitimately homesick, but did the right thing for the club. Your terms should of been that the PSD was never an option. We gave up a future 3rd cause of that. You are the biggest traitor this club has ever seen since Jeff White. I don’t want to know you, I don’t want to see you. Good luck and shove that wooden spoon where the sun don’t shine.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
We all melted over Cez leaving but I think we have had a bit of a reality check. With the way some of our players have departed this season and the way they went about it, really shows that Adam probably deserved more respect from fans. Committed to the club for four years and gave his all. Turned down the paycheck to return home.
We were hard on Cerra. He did the right thing though looking back.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I gave cerra a lot of s**t but he explored his options with every Melbourne club, and went with the one that would get us best compensated. Even though Melbourne was his first choice.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really not buying this revisionism on Cerra. He took full advantage of the club sinking time and developmental resources into him as a linchpin of our midfield rebuild only to promptly * off as he entered his prime. Sure, negotiations were slightly smoother but Freo still got buried by that trade.

We all know Young is scum but Logue's had a contract handed to him which seemingly has him earning more than 95% of the competition for at least the next couple of seasons. He'd have been moronic to turn that down given he's really just a decent athletic KPD. Granted we took him with a top end draft pick but in terms of footballing ability there's a clear gulf between Logue and Cerra.

Homesickness and life-changing contracts both ultimately fall under self interest.

coldlunch

All Australian
Mar 19, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
he just strikes me as a bit of an idiot who maybe got carried away enjoying having his ego pumped up. maybe he'll regret it, maybe not, but it's his right to decide what to do.

for us though: great athlete, handy player, seemingly universally liked, but ultimately not particularly motivated by team success. you probably need a few of those characters in the group for levity, but if he was unhappy with his position and his pay packet, we might be better off without the distraction

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
not a great sign when you're asked "what about the club appeals to you?" and your answers, in order, are:

1. great location
2. the history of the club
3. nice location again
4. the coach (who prob won't be there)

Ive been to North Melbourne it's hardly a great location. Noosa QLD yes but North Melbourne no.

Very average history bar that meat head Carey who was a brilliant player but s**t bloke.

Coach isn't even his coach yet and may never be if allegations are proven to be true. I personally would much rather JLO over Clarkson as far as a moral compass.

He's there because the club is overpaying him. They are overpaying an average AFL player an elite wage. WTF!

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
he just strikes me as a bit of an idiot who maybe got carried away enjoying having his ego pumped up. maybe he'll regret it, maybe not, but it's his right to decide what to do.

for us though: great athlete, handy player, seemingly universally liked, but ultimately not particularly motivated by team success. you probably need a few of those characters in the group for levity, but if he was unhappy with his position and his pay packet, we might be better off without the distraction

he’s getting an extra 1 million. He’ll cope

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
he’s getting an extra 1 million. He’ll cope
Doesn’t go that far, sadly.

Don’t think he’ll be on his deathbed talking about that extra million when he could have been part of Fremantle’s first premiership, immortal and with lifelong mates.

Enjoy wallowing at the bottom of the ladder for your entire career 😁

rubydoomsday

Debutant
Mar 6, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC
Doesn’t go that far, sadly.

Don’t think he’ll be on his deathbed talking about that extra million when he could have been part of Fremantle’s first premiership, immortal and with lifelong mates.

Enjoy wallowing at the bottom of the ladder for your entire career 😁
Average house price in Melb is now 948k. For something fairly average.

He'll want to watch splashing the cash if he's after something better.

Also N Melbourne is a shithouse area, haha. nothing there besides some average cafes and the Queen Vic market. does Griff cook for himself a lot? Presuming he means 'Melbourne' in general when he says location.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Average house price in Melb is now 948k. For something fairly average.

He'll want to watch splashing the cash if he's after something better.

Also N Melbourne is a shithouse area, haha. nothing there besides some average cafes and the Queen Vic market. does Griff cook for himself a lot? Presuming he means 'Melbourne' in general when he says location.

De Bella Coffee roasting house is located in North Melbourne which is really nice.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
So, what do you think this thread is worth to the NM group? I’m thinking a F3 + a bag of chips gets the trade done.

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue.

Cerra was legitimately homesick, but did the right thing for the club. Your terms should of been that the PSD was never an option. We gave up a future 3rd cause of that. You are the biggest traitor this club has ever seen since Jeff White. I don’t want to know you, I don’t want to see you. Good luck and shove that wooden spoon where the sun don’t shine.
Um mate, he got offered 750k for 5 years to play the position he loved. Would you turn it down?

Back