Traded Will Setterfield [traded to Essendon with pick 68 for Essendon's F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

A good get for the Bombers. And for Will, he will get games for them.

In saying that, he’s second string for the blues so doesn’t really impact their squad.

Carlton would obviously prefer their pick in the 40s but Dodoro will Dodoro and it will be the 60s pick.
I think we'll need that for davey when 22 moves out
Unless we do 22 for setterfield and f2 or something like that.
Setterfield is surplus and out of contract.

F 3 would be reasonable (similar situation to Acres).
#62 is unders, and useless to us.
If not F3, I'd think it would be some sort of pick upgrade that gets us a better pick, but keeps Essendon with points for Davey.

Reckon clubs are coming round to delistings if the pick isnt of any value

Whats the point if he's vfl depth
We'd prefer to keep him though, especially for a no value pick.
I'm sure we'll work out a trade that offers us something better than #62, though. Especially when you'll be wanting points.

We'd prefer to keep him though, especially for a no value pick.
I'm sure we'll work out a trade that offers us something better than #62, though. Especially when you'll be wanting points.
We're ok for points. 41 will match davey.
If anything, 22 is a problem for us, but way overs for setterfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be something like #42 for Setterfield + #49 + #66
Points wise (and then picks wise) is better for you than trading #62, but we actually get something.
This would be the best the blues would hope for.
62 is the reality given Carlton have chosen not to sign him up.

Now we wait to see where Dow lands.
No clear suitor for him yet.

Would prefer to lose Dow than Setterfields as he's much better fit as a depth player with our list. But it's for the best of Will to move elsewhere and we all know that. Would be happy to see him return next year but seems a simple enough 3rd rounder or so early Monday morning and he'll be lining up for his new club photos come the afternoon.

How about #22 for Setterfield, #49, #66, #68.
That puts his value at #41, but then all those picks come in when Ashcroft and Fletcher are bid/matched.
we aren't moving out a more than reasonable pick to miss on getting another talented kid in before a Davey bid just to get a bloke who could more than likely be had as a DFA (he is currently out of contract)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back