Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe we’ve got Jackson for two mid teens picks and nothing upgrade for picks this year
Absolutely smoked the demons here -
Jackson’s talent is generational, no wonder lamby wanted 2 top 10s.

He really has folded like a cheap suit on this one

Some of you Freo fans may want to post your apologies to Belly after some of the criticsm here last week:)

Melbourne probably got the best deal/price they could have gotten, given Jackson was only keen to join Freo (West Coast were never in play/contention)

Trade is fine. Not what Demons wanted but still extracted two years worth of good picks off us. They should be able to do enough with them to get into the top 10.

Can’t believe we’ve got Jackson for two mid teens picks and nothing upgrade for picks this year
Absolutely smoked the demons here -
Jackson’s talent is generational, no wonder lamby wanted 2 top 10s.

He really has folded like a cheap suit on this one
All depends on how you go next year if you don't make finals its reasonably good for Melbourne.

Is that future second meant to say tied to the Giants? Cause otherwise the Giants are just kinda getting Bedford for absolutely nothing.
Assuming the Giants had 67, they get Bedford for 44 and 67 which would seem about right IMO

So Melbourne we’re knocking back jackson for 13 f1 and f2 (freo) cos they wanted the f2 (nm)
And yet the deal they take is the original offer with picks and Bedford added on top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s all about what the major pieces are according to the media. Jackson goes for two first & a second will be the lead story and some fans on both sides won’t even know about the rest of it.

Unders if you ask Melbourne supporters, Overs if you ask Freo supporters. Probably just right imo.

Let's be honest, what are the statistical probability of The Dees drafting a player as good/potential to be better than Jackson with any of the picks they got from Freo ?

Less than 5 % percent i would say

You have to give up quality to get quality.
I would honestly much rather Jackson at Carlton myself than the picks you got from Melbourne.

Draft Picks are no sure bets (esp futures)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that future second meant to say tied to the Giants? Cause otherwise the Giants are just kinda getting Bedford for absolutely nothing.

Giants get Bedford for 44

67 came from the dees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Assuming the Giants had 67, they get Bedford for 44 and 67 which would seem about right IMO
Got you. Isn't exactly obvious what GWS are giving up a glance and it seemed odd to clarify that the second was Freo's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back