Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lo

Lobb would be open.
Would fit your window perfectly and he is more than serviceable. Had a very consistent year but has gone missing in previous times. Was really surprised he wasn't used in the lj trade.
It’s Lobb’s first consistent year in how many? He also dislikes playing ruck and is fairly one dimension as a forward.

I think the Dees plan is get Grundy so we sure up our ruck for a number of years, maybe even stash Gawn on the bench if that’s a thing.

Then work to fix our key forwards over the next 12 months. Easiest fix would be Cadman but that’s gone. Likely we look for a solid mature tall in 12 months time.

At the same time we didn’t have to use the Jackson capital on a key forward, but could’ve used it on a classy mid/flanker which is a huge need. There’s 4 or 5 of them who look good to my eyes who will go somewhere between 3-10 in the draft, just not sure if they get to 13.

I wasn't keen on this trade. I wasn't keen on paying this much for him.

Demons won this trade
Looks over to me with that future 2nd in addition to 2x 1sts.

Looks like a great talent, but Freo have I invested some serious draft capital to land him.

Hopefully pays dividends over the next decade or so.

Could Melbourne interest a club like hawthorn to trade pick 6 for 13 and the future 1st tied to freo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the fact that Collingwood are required to pay 1/3 of Jackson's future salary is being overlooked. They're still doing that on big trades aren't they?

Again... I still have that bad after taste from the last time Freo traded heavily for a WA tall forward from the demons.

Pick 13, dockers 2023 1st and North's 2023 2nd is a bit much.

That's potentially pick 13, pick 8 and pick 20 to the demons for a 21 year old

Surprised with the pessimism. If I had the choice between keeping Jackson and what we received I would rather keep Jackson. He will have a great career at the Dockers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I secretly hope that Darcy gets annoyed at this situation and asks to be traded to Geelong just as Rhys Stanley is retiring.

Careful Dockers fans, don’t get to far ahead of your selves regarding next years F1 being in the teens. That’s finishing 6th again at least. It’s a good result but better to just say F1, Just saying.
Careful hawthorn fans don’t get too far ahead of yourselves regarding Lloyd meek.
He’s contracted for next year so 2nd rounder or nada

PREMIERSHIP ruckman Luke Jackson sensed from Melbourne's mid-season bye in round 14 that he would be returning home to Western Australia at the end of the season, with Fremantle the club he wanted to join.

Jackson, who officially became a Docker on Monday, met in Perth with the Fremantle and West Coast hierarchies in June as both WA clubs pitched for the talented 21-year-old.

It was his meeting with Dockers coach Justin Longmuir and football manager Peter Bell that "felt right", however, and he returned to Melbourne ahead of round 15 leaning towards a future with the Dockers.

Actually a pretty fair trade. Not a lot of scope for complaint unless you're a Melbourne fan who was expecting Freo to be bent over a barrel paying a never before seen fee or a Freo fan who expected to get a very talented player for nothing.

FercJobUAAEKhRm

A big question is what Freos F1 looks like. There's a good chance it's #9 or #10. Makes the trade very even IMO. If Freo get 250 games and a F&B from him we win the trade. Won't know for 10 years though.

Basically a slightly taller Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back