Remove this Banner Ad

Jetafl

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Astros Detroit Red Wings KC Chiefs
I think it is high time this thread title is changed. A generational elite powerful (no pun intended) pacey mid. Awesome get for Port.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
There wasn't actually a hammering down of doors from across the league to try and get him which says something
Agree he has a terrible attitude, likely to create a terrible culture at port

jonasshirtfront

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2013
Cybertron
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1665442452782.png

:drunk:

Apr 27, 2002
2004 Premiers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers, Newcastle
I think it is high time this thread title is changed. A generational elite powerful (no bun intended) pacey mid. Awesome get for Port.
It's good of you and quite a few other Crowies to be able to bring yourself to say so. I can appreciate how vomit-inducing it would be, if it were the other way around.

Handyandy

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2005
Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
That's a bare-faced lie! We snuck into town, got caught and tried to act all natural.
With Selwood, Dangerfield & Scott’s ego on board I am surprised the plane got off the ground. Seriously though every club does it. Crows/ ports try to lure sa boys home. VIC clubs try to get theirs home. Hawks have been leaching off us for a decade or more. Sure wc/ freo are in the ear of spp/ georgi. Negligent if not.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SANFL is made up of delisted and washed up AFL players or those who can’t make it.

The best top 5 midfielders each draft who end up performing in the AFL generally come from the U18 competition. They play against other kids who are quick and motivated to get drafted.

HF will be a good player at best. Nothing more. Already shown he doesn’t have the temperament. The biggest mistake by North was not taking the deal offered to them 12 months ago.

Great bump.

The shadenfreude was great to go back over.

First the OP getting owned within 24 hours, then posts like this predicting JHF to be a good player at best, without the temperament to be more and suggesting he could end up in the SANFL

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

SANFL is made up of delisted and washed up AFL players or those who can’t make it.

The best top 5 midfielders each draft who end up performing in the AFL generally come from the U18 competition. They play against other kids who are quick and motivated to get drafted.

HF will be a good player at best. Nothing more. Already shown he doesn’t have the temperament. The biggest mistake by North was not taking the deal offered to them 12 months ago.
You are not wrong
JHF is a decent player but he’s not doing anything elite

We still got a good deal for him but agree the deal 12 months ago was better

Just thankful we didn’t wait til this year to trade him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
Finlayson and Aliir dominating.

Chuck in JHF.

It's the Swans who can't attract players.
Nothing since Buddy ten years ago now.
How long since anyone went to either Sydney or GWS?
Do you think cost of living is impacting the ability of them to attract players?

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The bar for what outsiders think Port fans should consider success is so low that "almost in a grand final 8 years ago" is apparently the sign of a good coach.

He is a dud. Watch our games, there's nothing resembling a coherent gameplan other than "run harder than those blokes".

Get him out of my club
Your club?

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
How long since anyone went to either Sydney or GWS?
Do you think cost of living is impacting the ability of them to attract players?
No big names to either in the last ten years.

I think COLA plays a small part but mostly it's lack of footy culture and smaller crowds etc.

Why move away from home?

No really compelling argument for NSW teams to attract players.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great bump.

The shadenfreude was great to go back over.

First the OP getting owned within 24 hours, then posts like this predicting JHF to be a good player at best, without the temperament to be more and suggesting he could end up in the SANFL

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No you are wrong.
I didn't say he will be playing in the SANFL. I said the SANFL is a very ordinary league and kids who are relatively good players can perform well becasue the league is largely made up of failed players or those who are washed up and been delisted from the AFL.

But JHF is good and is showing he can be a very good player. Just not the generational talent that was predicted off the back of playing in a poor league.

Jimmy95

Cancelled
Apr 17, 2023
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You are not wrong

We robbed you and made off like bandits 😆.
Pick 8 and pick 17 or 18 is all it will cost us.

The kid is just 19, actually may have just turned 20 yesterday and he'd already be in the top 10% of players in the comp. Imagine how good he'll be once he passes 50 games.

Fancy a bullflog supporter starting a thread like this. Aged real well for them.

We robbed you and made off like bandits 😆.
Pick 8 and pick 17 or 18 is all it will cost us.

The kid is just 19, actually may have just turned 20 yesterday and he'd already be in the top 10% of players in the comp. Imagine how good he'll be once he passes 50 games.

Fancy a bullflog supporter starting a thread like this. Aged real well for them.
We turned your pick 8 into wardlaw. Gave up JHF and got wardlaw and your first rounder

And you could have had phillipou had you kept the pick and traded for JHF this year instead

Point being you should have waited a year to go for him to get a better deal and we would have been screwed as he would have been out of contract

Jimmy95

Cancelled
Apr 17, 2023
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No you are wrong.
I didn't say he will be playing in the SANFL. I said the SANFL is a very ordinary league and kids who are relatively good players can perform well becasue the league is largely made up of failed players or those who are washed up and been delisted from the AFL.

But JHF is good and is showing he can be a very good player. Just not the generational talent that was predicted off the back of playing in a poor league.

Haha have a listen to this turnip!

May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
You are not wrong

How many players in their second year play at an elite level?

Oliver was a rare example. This thread shows just how unrealistic peoples expectations are.

Butters and Rozee are only forging into elite status RN.

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We turned your pick 8 into wardlaw. Gave up JHF and got wardlaw and your first rounder

And you could have had phillipou had you kept the pick and traded for JHF this year instead

Point being you should have waited a year to go for him to get a better deal and we would have been screwed as he would have been out of contract
We absolutely would not had gotten a better deal than pick 8 and 15-18 for JHF and Rioli.

I don’t know why you North fans are still so bitter, we won, you won who cares. JHF is a port boy, has won us a couple of games and is consistently playing his role in a team that is top of the ladder. Wardlaw has shown signs of an elite player. Enough with the bitter ex girlfriend vibes from your mob

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back