Traded Jack Bowes [Traded to Geelong with #7 for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

North or Essendon would almost definitely have taken him on without the Pick 7 thrown in given their abundance of cap space.
But bowes is contracted. As a contracted player Bowes doesnt have to live in places he doesnt want to cos his club misgmanaged their salary cap. Thats blantantly unfair to bowes. Its not a solution.

I was told is was pretty much a case of Hawks saying pack your bags, you're off the decision has been made.
And again, if Burton said no they still wouldn't have been able to trade him

What's the over/under on how many games Jack Bowes will play for Geelong next year?
I still don't get why GCS basically gave away pick 7

We offered Gold Coast 2 x second rounders for an out of contract Jack Martin and they turned up the deal.....what the hell?

Why are they still in the league.
We weren’t going to use those picks. We had that many picks already. How’s Martin going for you anyway?

Apparently Jack Bowes had some serious off field issues and GC have off loaded him knowing this.
The fact is he is a dungeons and dragons player, is a Platinum Amway seller who continually tries to recruit people at club functions etc… and wears a mankini during weight sessions…
He also still enjoys using a magnify glass on ants… collects snails for midnight rituals on the Nerang Broad beach rd .. by himself.
Mods I’m happy for this post to be moved to the scandals board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it’s the vibe? Mabo?

Every other player and team can use the exact same mechanisms. Many already have.
I didn't see the Bulldogs get a 1st rounder for Treloar's salary dump but then Fremantle got good return for Brodie last year, I guess it's just a GC "thing" which the AFL should have stopped last year.......

It’s easy when your CEO was the AFL operations manager
How many games did Sa8nts play at Moorabbin, how many did Tigers play at Punt road? Didn't Richmond have to off load there first this year and next plus extra to get to players when Geelong hot handed pick 7 for getting a player they more than likely wanted in the first place. Sounds fair, right?

How many games did Sa8nts play at Moorabbin, how many did Tigers play at Punt road? Didn't Richmond have to off load there first this year and next plus extra to get to players when Geelong hot handed pick 7 for getting a player they more than likely wanted in the first place. Sounds fair, right?
It's all just a bit too unfair. :sadv1:

Reportedly 2.2m over four years.

Currently owed around 1.6m over two years.
Almost irrelevant now what he was owed, if he wanted 1.6 over 2 he could have refused to be traded and made GC honour it.

He signs a new contract with Geelong and whatever it's terms are is what the new deal is, if he didn't like the Geelong offer didn't have to go there.

When the ALF keep saying that the system is all about equalisation and then they let a clib give the preminers pick 7.
Sounds real equal, give it two yare and they won't allow this anymore just like NGA.
fd399b4ef5f2dce32dc0e4fd59281348.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back