Traded Jack Gunston [Traded to Brisbane for #48 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great get for the Lions. Kicked goals for fun in a good team when he wasn't the #1 option. Dangerous around goal and big enough to command a key defender or legitimate third tall.

Be interesting to see how their forward line looks with Hipwood, Daniher and Gunston who are all leading forwards. None of those guys are an obvious candidate to take 40 or 50 contested marks next year. Gunston FF and Hipwood and Daniher as two supersized CHF/HFs works for me.

Be interesting to see how their forward line looks with Hipwood, Daniher and Gunston who are all leading forwards. None of those guys are an obvious candidate to take 40 or 50 contested marks next year. Gunston FF and Hipwood and Daniher as two supersized CHF/HFs works for me.

I think that's my preferred set up too. Issue with Hipwood, Daniher and McStay is that they're all roaming HFs who didn't like sitting deep as the one out forward. Gunston slots into that role better than any of the other three, and gives us a better balance than we had this year IMO.

I think that's my preferred set up too. Issue with Hipwood, Daniher and McStay is that they're all roaming HFs who didn't like sitting deep as the one out forward. Gunston slots into that role better than any of the other three, and gives us a better balance than we had this year IMO.

Daniher was top 10 in the comp for contested marks for a couple of seasons at the Bombers but looks like he runs under the ball these days. And can be a bit yippy 30 out. Much more dangerous up the ground. It will be a tough trio to defend. Gunston isn't a contested marker but has long arms and marks above his head which is hard to defend.

Daniher was top 10 in the comp for contested marks for a couple of seasons at the Bombers but looks like he runs under the ball these days. And can be a bit yippy 30 out. Much more dangerous up the ground. It will be a tough trio to defend. Gunston isn't a contested marker but has long arms and marks above his head which is hard to defend.

Daniher was in some seriously good form before he injured his shoulder. In the first 6 rounds he was averaging 12 disposals, 7 marks including ~3 contested marks, and kicked 19.6 during that period. Hopefully he can capture some of that form back.

Needs to stamp out the whole going to ground easily thing though.

No wonder mcstay left

He wouldn’t get a game with Gunston , Dunkley and Ashcroft in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back