Draft Expert Davo-27's 2022 u18 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think gc will take at pick 5? To much of a stretch to pick the other holland ?
im guessing Busslinger or Hollands, Busslinger would give them a high quality tall intercepting defender, Hollands a quality outside mid, bit of a reach but clubs usually reach for what they want, especially if its only a few positions.

others in that range are MacKenzie, Phillipou, Ginbey, Humphrey, Clark ect

Hey Davo-27 or other draft pundits, re the trade that went down today with North likely to draft Wardlaw I am interested in who you rate a better prospect long term Wardlaw or Horne-Francis?
if he(Wardlaw) was fit and played more than like 3-4 games for the year i could answer that with more certainty, but i think they are very close in quality and how they both play.

im guessing Busslinger or Hollands, Busslinger would give them a high quality tall intercepting defender, Hollands a quality outside mid, bit of a reach but clubs usually reach for what they want, especially if its only a few positions.

others in that range are MacKenzie, Phillipou, Ginbey, Humphrey, Clark ect
Just thinking Hollands because he is a country boy and his brother is already up there.

if he(Wardlaw) was fit and played more than like 3-4 games for the year i could answer that with more certainty, but i think they are very close in quality and how they both play.

Come on man his breakout game against Collingwood for AUS wouldn't have gotten in the top 10 games for JHF in his draft year playing against better competition. JHF is one of the most talented players ever in a draft and Wardlaw won't even go 1 in his! Come on!

Come on man his breakout game against Collingwood for AUS wouldn't have gotten in the top 10 games for JHF in his draft year playing against better competition. JHF is one of the most talented players ever in a draft and Wardlaw won't even go 1 in his! Come on!
you're free to have your opinion, but Wardlaw is a very high end talent and wouldve gone 1 if not for injuries this year, the injury concern definitely makes JHF a safer bet, but if Wardlaw gets fit and healthy, watch out.

you're free to have your opinion, but Wardlaw is a very high end talent and wouldve gone 1 if not for injuries this year, the injury concern definitely makes JHF a safer bet, but if Wardlaw gets fit and healthy, watch out.

Davo-27 Correct!

As TheAthlete you have said in another post you haven't seen much NAB league so not sure how you come up with that opinion. Wardlaw is a gun and will prove his value over the course of his career. JHF has proven nothing at AFL level.

Sounds like Cadman is no guarantee at #1 based on McCartney’s interview on radio.

Seems like a few of the top 4 have told GWS they don’t want to go there and GWS have traded up the guarantee getting the one that isn’t a flight risk.

It might still be Cadman, but I didn’t think it’s a certainty like it has been made out.

I think the media might be off on this, I’m thinking Wardlaw might be the one GWS have wanted to guarantee.

Sheezel is firming for #2 according to a few different rumors.

Sounds like Cadman is no guarantee at #1 based on McCartney’s interview on radio.

Seems like a few of the top 4 have told GWS they don’t want to go there and GWS have traded up the guarantee getting the one that isn’t a flight risk.

It might still be Cadman, but I didn’t think it’s a certainty like it has been made out.

I think the media might be off on this, I’m thinking Wardlaw might be the one GWS have wanted to guarantee.

Cadman recently said on a podcast that he wants to go interstate. It will be Cadman. I heard the interview as well and nothing that McCartney said suggested it wasn't Cadman.

2 of Cadmen, Sheezel and Wardlaw for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s pretty strong rumours Wardlaw and Sheezel both told WC and GWS that they would prefer to stay in Melbourne.

GC list manger said his pick 5 will be a mid type. Wonder what he means by that? Humphreys?

GC list manger said his pick 5 will be a mid type. Wonder what he means by that? Humphreys?
Could even be someone like Jhye Clark as I feel he would be a loyal player, Cam Mackenzie is the other as he has been moving houses all the time and wouldnt care to go interstate.

FMD Horne Francis didn’t have 5 ‘above average’ or better games in his draft year in the SANFL, let alone 10.

So I’m not exactly sure your insight into Wardlaw is that insightful.

Wardlaw is a jet and ultra professional to boot. The only thing that would have me worried is those hamstrings.

Might be nothing. But having been scarred by Freeman, it’s a concern IMO.

Last edited:

JHF's form in the SANFL was bloody impressive especially for a 17 year old, but he didn't exactly dominate the way he was expected to at the championships.

Wardlaw has very similar athletic traits to JHF, but unfortunately he doesn't have the exposed form this year due to injury. IMO, There is no reason why Wardlaw's potential ceiling couldn't be just as high as JHF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back