Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad someone bought this up.

I was going ask has Meek impressed anyone when Meek played AFL?

Ignore WAFL form completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meek is very raw still. Capable of great ups and great lows. There's a passage of play near the end of the Geelong game where he took a great intercept mark deep in defensive fifty then kicked it out on the full just outside fifty - for the Cats to switch it and goal almost immediately

I was more than happy to have Lobb shipped out. Would've been happy enough if Bell and Walls took a handful of magic beans from the Dogs for the squib. Would've been disruptive if he didn't get his way out. He obviously wanted out of Freo for the last two years given that he wanted to go GWS last year and Bullflogs this time around. If he didn't get his trade out, he would've sulked around and then would've made OOC move to the Bendigo Beanpoles Football Club.

Too many people focusing on individual trades. We can only trade what we’ve got.

We went into the trade period with a narrative of a Freo exodus.

We finish the trade period with our amazing defence untouched, our midfield better and our rubbish forward line still rubbish and banking on a couple of kids to come through.

I’m glad Lobb is gone - he’s not a great player, will be 30 soon and if someone wants out two years running then I’ll happily take them to the airport. Acres can be replaced. Every other player who’s left was meh anyway.

But we’ve got Jackson - one of the best young talents in the comp.

And if you look at the trade thread on JOM - plenty of Hawks fans are very sad to lose him. He is a absolute upgrade on Tucker and Blakely.

Maybe we slide in 2023 a bit - but this trade period had brought our first flag closer.

O'Meara is a very good footballer and we traded a ruck insurance policy and a pick in the 30s for him.

Lobb out will hurt. Hopefully Darcy plays all season
To be fair, I would have expected Lobb to sit out the year if we didn’t trade him. It would have been spiteful to hold him, but gee it would have been bloody satisfying after all the Colonoscopies we’ve copped through the years.

Last edited:
You are having a laugh. There isn’t a club in the league who’d pay a first round pick for the big softy Rory Lobb. Get real!
I think it’s a great deal. He is not worth 2 second rounders
Crispin Glover Lol GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Meek being traded is a shame. The rest effectively walked.

Jackson is what it is.
JOM for Meek & F2 depends upon whose F2. Overs
Lobb for 30 & F2 is ok considering he wanted out.

Doesnt need wrist slitting

Jackson is coming in and is the best player involved in our trades.
JOM is the best player in his trade.
And 2x 2nd rounders for Lobbe is 1 more than he is worth.
All good

Gain Jackson, O'Meara, Roos F2, 30, Roos F3, 44, Blues F3, Corbet, 67

Lost: Lobb, Logue, 13, F1, F2, Meek, F3, Tucker F4

Salary cap wise we did pretty well.

Which is basically.

In - Pick 3, Pick 1-3 (reaching?), F2, 30, F3, 44, F3, Corbett, 67

Out - Pick 29, Pick 9, 13, F1, F2, 69, F3, Pick 27, F4

Jackson and Omera will be good for us. Omera can be a burst player like Brodie and give us an extra edge in the centre square if we don't send him in there for the whole game. It's clear our game plan is going to rely on that in the future and winning it out of the middle. Amiss will be licking his lips at clean ball from centre bounces when he can lead and present like an actual forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Meek is finally gonna get some game time, shame that Hawks don’t have any midfielders left for him to hit it too!

We're getting 3 players who wanted to come to Freo.
Two are B22 and Corbett - a forward - might be and undoubtedly will be handy.
We lost 2 players who didn't want to stay at Freo and 2 who left for better opportunity.

We've welcomed young Josh, now I trust we can do the same for Jaeger. He personally didn't try to be a spanner in the Freo works and as a bonus is NOT with CYoung.
Here's to a productive and happy era with us, JOM.

For what its worth, I'm a very happy camper. I reckon we did well. we had to let Lobb go as we would have gotten a packet of chips for him next year anyway and you can't keep disgruntled players at the club. Off you pop Lobb, not part of our plans anyway. O'Meara is exciting I reckon, can't believe some of the melts on here.

Much better result than many giving credit for here. Remember, Lobb wants nothing to do with us and would be a millstone around or neck next year. OMeara a fine replacement for Mundy preventing our mids from taking a step back with the great man gone.

And then there’s Jackson!

Can someone do a summary of in and out:

IN: Jackson, JOM, Corbett, pick 30,44, Norths future 2nd, 3rd and 4th, Carlton’s future 3rd,

OUT: Lobb, Logue, Acres, Tucker, Meek, pick 13, future 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th…

Is that right ??

I’m glad someone bought this up.

I was going ask has Meek impressed anyone when Meek played AFL?

Ignore WAFL form completely

Yep seems a decent AFL tap ruckman but has not set the world on fire in any other part of the ground. He may get there but he was only ever playing for us if Darcy went down and never playing ahead of Jackson. Lobbs goals last year are a loss but the toys were out of the cot by the sound of it so happy to see him moved on and excited to seed how Amiss can step up and kick some of this goals..

it's too early to summarise, but the melts are quality! I can't recall last year, but I'm sure everyone was flipping out for what we got for Cerra (?). Clearly we got the beneficiary of the Brodie/salary cap dump, but to be fair we were outside the top 8, not sure Geelong getting Bowes was entirely fair of the AFL to allow that; but tis done now.......

Overall, I think we may have done better than I imagined, if Jackson projects as has been touted with further development of Amiss and Treacy (and possibly even Kuek debuting), we might not be so reliant on Tabs and an absent Lobb, although it could be potentially catastrophic if injuries occur.....I guess we can't live on potential hypotheticals alone, but in the interim - looks a little rough. O'Meara can add some steel and resolve to the midfield....if Corbett gets an opportunity too and can find his feet, he clearly has the intelligence as a person...I like the 'ins', I'm just not sure if the upheaval of so many outs is balanced yet. I guess time will tell. I hope Tippa comes through PSS, I'd love to see him resurrect his career over West, a long shot maybe...but we definitely need more x factor, so it certainly can't hurt if he's able to navigate a pathway in that manner.

Lobb was always the mercenary we suspected and although the club postured (quite badly) on keeping him, I always knew he'd be gone by the end of this trade period. Good, piss orf, ya campaigner - you played when you wanted to and when it suited you. You're a Bulldogs problem now...

So, quite honestly - I'm conflicted, on the one hand it feels and looks bad, but if our recent trajectory continues and takes that next step....we'll certainly not look back as this being the nuclear meltdown it currently appears to be.....to the future, 2023...and beyond!!

I don't mind chucking in the future 2nd for JOM if it means that Hawks continue to pay most of his salary. We can't have him taking up much cap space.

We got royally rogered on the Lobb trade. It should always have been 21 + future 2nd or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back