Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back up rucks are not worth much. Despite people claiming Meek was worth a 2nd, many clubs have guys leading the ruck who they got for a packet of chips (Hickey, Cameron, Pittonet, etc).

Meek isn't worth much more than the F4 we got back considering Hawthorn look to be tanking hard and might win the spoon.

Can be viewed as getting O'Meara for a pick in the 30's. Have concerns with his longevity, but it is a reasonable trade.

I'm relatively pleased with our incoming player haul, but as I've previously stated, the absence of Lobb within the forward line, cannot be understated! I simply cannot see Amiss and Treacy having the means and nous to replicate his goal scoring output :huh:
This is through no fault of their own though, as they're simply not at that stage of their development curve. Oh, and my final query, is who will act as the back-up ruck that waits in the wings, when Sean Darcy inevitably injures his knee?
Here's the thing re Lobb & goals. He's the giant to Lachie Schultz's midget, the visible head-and-shoulders above the field pack you'd kick to first up 'cos you could see him, for starters. Yet he kicked only 6 goals more than little Lachie - 36 v. 30 goals for 2022. Think on that (as I hope Freo do and for heaven's sake give Shoota a decent contract!!)

Put another one or two tall targets in F50 - Treacy as bodyguard to Amiss, say - and I reckon we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Fair enough to you man, but I don't know how you can back the club in when this is objectively s**t list management.
Sorry, but you mean subjective.
Before last year Lobb missed more games than Tabs. Why can't tabs get his body right with our new fitness team after another year of sorting things out?

Things can change, I recon we'll be alright and have smart enough coaches to move the whiteboard and get it done. Look at our game vs GWS without any talls.
I reckon Tabs has a chronic lower back injury, same as myself. I don't think he'll recover from it, but that's just comparing to myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm relatively pleased with our incoming player haul, but as I've previously stated, the absence of Lobb within the forward line, cannot be understated! I simply cannot see Amiss and Treacy having the means and nous to replicate his goal scoring output :huh:
This is through no fault of their own though, as they're simply not at that stage of their development curve. Oh, and my final query, is who will act as the back-up ruck that waits in the wings, when Sean Darcy inevitably injures his knee?
Treacy has been pinch hitting ruck in the wafl at times, can he cover? Big prob if darcy and luke out at the same time.

Just weird. The way Bell and Walls approach things in the first week then the second.
Don’t want to offer anything substantial for Acres at 26 yet JOM probably comes across on a similarly contract then what Blake will on at Carlton.

Juergen ******* O’hara

WTF

I knew it was only a matter of time before the real Freo returned but I was hoping for just a year or 2 more of pretending we knew what we were doing

Horrible horrible week
I know.

Here's a present to make you feel better.

brick6apresentwi.jpg

Treacy has been pinch hitting ruck in the wafl at times, can he cover? Big prob if darcy and luke out at the same time.
Big problem for literally any club if their first 2 rucks were out at the same time...

Before last year Lobb missed more games than Tabs. Why can't tabs get his body right with our new fitness team after another year of sorting things out?

Things can change, I recon we'll be alright and have smart enough coaches to move the whiteboard and get it done. Look at our game vs GWS without any talls.
Mate, I watched that at the stadium and it was painful as feck.

Just weird. The way Bell and Walls approach things in the first week then the second.
Don’t want to offer anything substantial for Acres at 26 yet JOM probably comes across on a similarly contract then what Blake will on at Carlton.
The difference is Blake is a little bit of a campaigner (who doesn't stay and try and hit the performance targets?) and JoM supposedly a top bloke. We very obviously rate a lack of campaignerness very highly.

O'Meara is a superior player and the Hawks are paying for him to play here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back