Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calmed down a bit now, melted a bit hard back there (don't we all though at some point?)

I'm happy to give it a chance. If O'Meara can bring something to us I'll be ecstatic, he's a good stop gap for the loss of Mundy.

If Corbett is anything more than depth we'll be well pleased.

Jackson will be one of the best players in the league down the line, can't complain about it.

Need:

Small forward
Key forward
Key defender

Draper / Scaife could be NGA key forward options… Scaife seems to be most likely from reports?

Feel comfy with most of the rest of the list

Also want Allan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of number of players on the list we actually have plenty of KPFs. The short-term quality is questionable though.

KPFs - Taberner, Amiss, Treacy, Kuek. We’ll only play two of those - then there’s Corbett and Sturt as third talls and the resting ruck. 6/7 options for three spots (at most) in the side.

Not sure we both drafting a KPF unless a really good talent drops to pick 30-32 (whatever it ends up being). If Scaife gets right through Category B why not I guess.

We’re clearly short a ruck and a KPD and small forwards. An extra wing option wouldn’t go astray either.

True! Forgot about him. Hope he re-finds some form for his sake after that year off. Can't see them kicking a winning score with Allen and Darling though. How are they planning to win any ball in the middle?
Hope Naitanui doesn't accidentally eat the ball?

Calmed down a bit now, melted a bit hard back there (don't we all though at some point?)

I'm happy to give it a chance. If O'Meara can bring something to us I'll be ecstatic, he's a good stop gap for the loss of Mundy.

If Corbett is anything more than depth we'll be well pleased.

Jackson will be one of the best players in the league down the line, can't complain about it.
Corbett is in the best 22. He's better than Sturt, Banfield and the departed Logue up forward. We just shipped out two starting forwards, the imports have to fill those holes.

Our Talls will be Tabs, Amiss and Corbett. Corbett may start on bench to allow Jackson to start on the ground though, Jackson may be in the middle though!

We have three picks tied to North for 2023, we want WC (and all other teams) to do better than North. Despite using our 2023 1st rounder we have a good hand for the following draft for the first time in ages.

Corbett is in the best 22. He's better than Sturt, Banfield and the departed Logue up forward. We just shipped out two starting forwards, the imports have to fill those holes.

Our Talls will be Tabs, Amiss and Corbett. Corbett may start on bench to allow Jackson to start on the ground though, Jackson may be in the middle though!
I can imagine it now:

"Darcy gets the tap down to the agile mid in Jackson!! He passes it off to Serong who finds Corbett in the 50!!"

Yeah Jackson is going to be an AA mid next year.

We have three picks tied to North for 2023, we want WC (and all other teams) to do better than North. Despite using our 2023 1st rounder we have a good hand for the following draft for the first time in ages.
People thinking north will just be crap again in 2022 might be surprised.
Chances of a team winning 3 spoons in a row is almost unprecedented.
I can see them rise to about 14th or 15th.
They are stacked with young talent

Reflecting, JOM seems like a slightly strange list management pivot at the last minute?

Not negative on it, but what's opinion on whether;

1. It was probably in play from much further out than was public
2. We would've held one (or more) of lobb and meek if JOM didnt come up (albeit still a strange pivot to get an inside mid)
3. We were moving both lobb and meek but thought JOM represented better value than Sharp given the way negotiations were tracking with GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True! Forgot about him. Hope he re-finds some form for his sake after that year off. Can't see them kicking a winning score with Allen and Darling though. How are they planning to win any ball in the middle?
Who cares ?
Hopefully they make Gaff their number 1 midfielder

Have we found out how many years Luke Jackson has signed for yet?

People thinking north will just be crap again in 2022 might be surprised.
Chances of a team winning 3 spoons in a row is almost unprecedented.
I can see them rise to about 14th or 15th.
They are stacked with young talent
Possibly but not having a coach and losing your arguably best young talent in the same year is unprecedented also.

Reflecting, JOM seems like a slightly strange list management pivot at the last minute?

2. We would've held one (or more) of lobb and meek if JOM didnt come up (albeit still a strange pivot to get an inside mid)
3. We were moving both lobb and meek but thought JOM represented better value than Sharp given the way negotiations were tracking with GC

Don’t know about all the permutations but JOM is miles ahead of Sharp and we may still get Sharp next year.

I think we were always trading Lobb.

I genuinely think we may have kept Meek but O’Meara provided a way to move him.

I don’t think we would ever have parted with F2 Norths for Sharp.

We were very young in the middle if we hadn't picked up JOM.

We chased O'Meara last year apparently, which got reanimated by the Haks entertaining GWS' pursuit this week.

Fair enough to you man, but I don't know how you can back the club in when this is objectively s**t list management.
Objectively **** list management?

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back