Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guidodp15

All Australian
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
People thinking north will just be crap again in 2022 might be surprised.
Chances of a team winning 3 spoons in a row is almost unprecedented.
I can see them rise to about 14th or 15th.
They are stacked with young talent

“Stacked”
They’re in the s**t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I do find it hilarious how two days ago JOM was staying at Hawks, then suddenly GWS come in and he's at cogs wedding and he's a lock to go there - no one else was interested or even approached hawks about it. And then we come in last minute, and trade him.

GWS would be pissed off.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
“Stacked”
They’re in the s**t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have 2 very good key defenders in Logue and Ben Mckay.
They have an exciting young midfield - LDU is shaping to be a superstar after his finish to last season and Cunnington will provide grunt and protection. Phillips was a pick 3 who hasn’t got much of a run yet through illness but should be ready go to in 2023 as a 21 yo.
Tarryn Thomas if he gets his head in the right place is a 23 yo gun next year.
Simpkin is a quality player as well in the midfield.

Up front larkey and Zurhaar are very capable forwards at AFL level.
There’s other players like two of Wardlaw, Tsitas and Sheezel, and of course our Darcy Tucker as a solid mid option.
I liked the look of Paul Curtis last year too.

Make no mistake they are coming. The system doesn’t really allow teams win 3 spoons in a row.
The only concern is their coach availability.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I do find it hilarious how two days ago JOM was staying at Hawks, then suddenly GWS come in and he's at cogs wedding and he's a lock to go there - no one else was interested or even approached hawks about it. And then we come in last minute, and trade him.

GWS would be pissed off.
Bell said tonight that we were looking at him a while and it ramped up late last week

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The comparison between the melts on this thread and the joy on Facebook and the media is reporting is bizarre.

People expect the world on here tbh:

• Lobb is a 29 year KPF/ruck who’s hardly one of the best KPFs in the league. Might be closer to the best KPF/ruck bit there isn’t as much competition for that. Point is you only get a first rounder for a 29 year old if said player is an A Grader. Getting two second rounders is a very good result.
  • Logue wasn’t in our best defensive 6/7 and has proven he’s a rubbish forward. Not sure many other players that meet this description have gone for what is likely to be pick 20-22 tbh.
  • Tucker was finished here. Getting anything for him was a good result. Getting pick 40-ish next year is an amazing deal.
  • Meek is a back up that doesn’t have much forward ability at all. I don’t care how good we thought he is. Back up rucks that can’t play KPF don’t hold much trade value.
  • Acres was a poor result imo. He’s still young enough and is a best 22 winger. Carlton can get ****ed.

• For Jackson that’s simply what you pay for a guy who’s considered to be one of the best young talents in the league. People say he’s out of contract but honestly I think the trade price wouldve been even more if he was contracted tbh.
  • For Corbett once again that’s the going rate for a player that’s outside their side’s best 22 these days when their club is actively trying to move them on.
  • Very hard to measure the O’Meara trade for value imo. Guess you couldn’t expect Hawthorn to be much good next year so the F4 combined with North’s F3 and F4 could almost get us another pick in the mid-second round next year. Hard to measure the impact Hawthorn paying O’Meara has on the pick required.

Overall I think most of the trades we made were about par. I think the Acres and Corbett trades would be just about the only ones the relevant opposition fans wouldn’t think are garbage from their end.

FDH16

Team Captain
May 24, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
They have an exciting young midfield - LDU is shaping to be a superstar after his finish to last season and Cunnington will provide grunt and protection. Phillips was a pick 3 who hasn’t got much of a run yet through illness but should be ready go to in 2023 as a 21 yo.

There’s other players like two of Wardlaw, Tsitas and Sheezel, and of course our Darcy Tucker as a solid mid option.

Make no mistake they are coming. The system doesn’t really allow teams win 3 spoons in a row.

They're not going anywhere.

It's still a shocking list, Larkey is a pleb who is dominated by close checking opponents.

They're a patchwork of mediocrity across every line - I do agree LDU will explode and become one the games best mids.

Lot of trash still to clear out.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
They're not going anywhere.

It's still a shocking list, Larkey is a pleb who is dominated by close checking opponents.

They're a patchwork of mediocrity across every line - I do agree LDU will explode and become one the games best mids.

Lot of trash still to clear out.
They will do enough to win 5 or 6 games. I have them ahead of hawthorn, GWS and possibly WCE at this early stage.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Good chance they don’t get the spoon imo but I don’t think they avoid the bottom four. Hawthorn and GWS in particular have absolutely gutted their midfields to point where they’re probably one or two injuries away from a midfield that’s mostly under 22 - could get very ugly.

This is a side that won two games all year with one against a side playing 1/3 players that aren’t AFL listed. Getting say 5-6 wins would be a massive improvement.

I do think they’re on the right track - it’s just they’ve got to come a very long way.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Objectively **** list management?

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA
I'll cop that one, might have gone a bit early there.

I'm happy to give it a chance.

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
After a few hours to process, my assessment of the trade period is as follows:

Biggest win: only losing players who are (if we're being honest) only fringe or, if better than that, total campaigners who we're happy to get out of our lives, whilst bringing in 3 players, ranging from could-be-a-goer through solid performer-with-scope-to-surprise to could-be-absolutely-anything, who — and this the important — actually want to be at Freo for reasons other than money / no one else wanted them.

Biggest regret: taking the time to type out and post some seriously impressive sandwich innovations in a thread which is so long and so quick to grow, and soon to be locked anyway, that hardly any one is going to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back