Traded Sam Weideman [Traded with #54 and #72 to Essendon for #37]

Seb78

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Done.

Off to Essendon will be announced after the 3pm embargo.
Screenshot_20221012_141943.jpg

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Not expecting him to win the coleman or dominate but will be a great help for Peter and Jones

Welcome Sam
Didnt expect much from Wright
ended up top 5 in coleman and winning a BnF within 2 years.
But do like that we have 3 KPF's who have played AFL level for a bit.

Pressure off Baldwin now.

TIL Peter Wright coming good means every single underperforming KPF will do the same. Good luck to Weid, but seriously…wait til you see him play

Weideman always seems (for whatever reason) to kick a bag against Carlton 🙃

I suspect that is the main reason Essendon recruited him to be honest zackah :)
Has kicked 3 goals in 4 games against Carlton

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
TIL Peter Wright coming good means every single underperforming KPF will do the same. Good luck to Weid, but seriously…wait til you see him play
I think you're right here. 2MP is clouding our judgements on KPP talls coming good after sucking for a period of time. Peter is not the norm.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I think you're right here. 2MP is clouding our judgements on KPP talls coming good after sucking for a period of time. Peter is not the norm.
parallels though
both high picks
both lacked continuity and a clear role in their side
both shift to a team in need and likely keep things simple for them. He'll play. Don't expect a world beater. Do have to wonder though if the Dees are sticking with Brown and brought Schache in over keeping Weideman

Here's hoping they're stupid.

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
parallels though
both high picks
both lacked continuity and a clear role in their side
both shift to a team in need and likely keep things simple for them. He'll play. Don't expect a world beater. Do have to wonder though if the Dees are sticking with Brown and brought Schache in over keeping Weideman

Here's hoping they're stupid.
Seems to be very much a confidence player, and for whatever reason we couldn't bring out the best in him. He is definitely well liked at the club, but when BB is running around like a headless chook, TMac is gone for the year, we are crying out for someone... anyone... to kick a goal, and he is merely an after thought... well greener pastures time, I guess.
I wish him all the best and hope he gets the confidence to match the ability we know he has (not against us though).

I hope he smashes it at Essendon, but not sure if he will

He normally comes in and plays a couple of great games but then goes totally missing

He was pretty good and consistent in the second half of 2020

Back