Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be very confident of Meek leading your ruck for the next 5+ years if a trade occurs.

Unless Reeves develops into the tallest ever ruck forward in the comp it's probably not likely.

Wouldn't mind it though. If someone is going to be better than Reeve's in 5 years they'd be a hell of a ruckman. Hard to compete with a 211cm monster as you folks would be well aware of.

Unless Reeves develops into the tallest ever ruck forward in the comp it's probably not likely.

Wouldn't mind it though. If someone is going to be better than Reeve's in 5 years they'd be a hell of a ruckman. Hard to compete with a 211cm monster as you folks would be well aware of.

Adjusted for inflation I think Paul Salmon is still the tallest ever ruck / forward :)

Good get Hawks
He will be great for you.
He was down the pecking order with us, so no hard feelings.
I wish him well, except against us of course

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade is up. Hawks essentially got Meek for free.

That's if losing JOM, paying a portion of his salary to play at Freo and an F4 just to get the Lions F2 in return, sure they got Llyod for free!

Lloyd will be The Hawks number 1 ruck. He's very good, just unlucky to have been behind SD!

Last edited:
That's if losing JOM, paying a portion of his salary to play at Freo and an F4 just to get the Lions F2 in return, sure they got Llyod for free!
Bulldogs F2 which should be slightly more valuable than the Lions F2

We apparently value Meek at a 2nd rounder, I'd assume we are making the argument we are offering a 2nd round pick for JOM.

I know Hawks fans have some dreams of getting pick 21 and Meek in some shape or form which would be the cherry on top of a s**t sandwich of an offseason from Freo posters perspective.

Think this might be a trade that there is extreme melts one way or another tomorrow
You obviously don’t value Meek as a second round. 2nd round (Future) for OMeara and 4th round for Meek is how it turned out.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, all fair points. I think 1 of Lobb and Meek gets traded and can't imagine its Meek for a future 3rd rounder. Think the club would rather hold him for 12 months rather than take that deal.
So not close. Lobb gone, Meek traded essentially for a 4th rounder ~62 and OMeara in for a F2 ~30. Pretty much what most Hawthorn posters were saying what they are worth. and before you mention the salary, you do realise clubs have a Minimum total payment they have to reach each year, we are happy to pay some to get to that, we have plenty left.

Special breed of supporters down there at glenferrie.

I mean seriously ,imagine thinking meek wants to come to them ,ahead of 5 other clubs ,as to be third in line (compared to 2nd in line here already )and that the their clubs chasing a contracted ruckman simply for “coverage” in case their two superstar rucks in reeves and lynch get injured.

Honestly 🤣
He did go to Hawthrn for essentially a 4th round pick. Them be facts.

You obviously don’t value Meek as a second round. 2nd round (Future) for OMeara and 4th round for Meek is how it turned out.
Weren’t you getting pick 19 from GWS for paying his salary like you are with us? The difference between pick 19 and a future Dogs second would value Meek at at least 30

Weren’t you getting pick 19 from GWS for paying his salary like you are with us? The difference between pick 19 and a future Dogs second would value Meek at at least 30
If the Dogs finish 6th there is a 6 spot difference, so HTF have you have turned pick an estimated pick 62 into pick 30?. The facts is that Meek was traded for a 4th round pick and you paid a Dogs 2nd for JOM. They are the facts, it’s already happened, you don’t need to run scenarios anymore.
sorry, but facts don’t care about your feelings

If the Dogs finish 6th there is a 6 spot difference, so HTF have you have turned pick an estimated pick 62 into pick 30?. The facts is that Meek was traded for a 4th round pick and you paid a Dogs 2nd for JOM. They are the facts, it’s already happened, you don’t need to run scenarios anymore.
sorry, but facts don’t care about your feelings
Have you seen what it costs to move up the draft? Look at what it cost this year

I’m essence, JOM was traded for a F2 and Meek was traded for a 4th round pick, that’s a fact.

No, no it’s not.

He was traded with a F2 for O’Meara and a 4th.
Also your ignoring that your paying JOMs salary.

I think either way - the Freo fans that were essentially mocking me (and others) for suggesting Meek was not worth a top 25 pick have been found out (same as those who were adamant he wouldn't be traded if Lobb was traded and those that argued that Meek was worth more than O'Meara). A sensible and fair trade occurred - as was always obviously going to be the case (as many of the more sensible Freo fans knew all along).

This seems a pretty crappy trade for Freo. Do not really rate JIM'S currency.

I think it really depends how much of his salary we are paying? I would assume based on what the trade ended up being its probably not much.

This seems a pretty crappy trade for Freo. Do not really rate JOM's currency.

Agree until you deep dive into JOM’s form. In 2021, when played predominantly onball he was good. This year he’s played hybrid forward / mid with less success.

Durability has been pretty good for 5 years.

I think he takes Mundy’s spot in the on-ball rotation. We don’t need him to star, but as a compliment to Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie, Fyfe he’s valuable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back