Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Unless the accusations are found to be correct, in which case its because of your coach that you dont have a coach.

Nothing concrete yet, but hearing from the last week is that the allegations will be proven to be unfounded/unproven and Clarkson and Fagan will be able to continue on as coach of North and Brisbane.

Pretty sure 99.9 % of North fans would rather have Clarkson at their club than JH-F anyway, not really sure where you are going with these no coach jibes (granted some North fans have given Port fans reasons to bite back)

He seems to place individual accolade over team success and probably what Hinkley sold him on after Aliir Aliir and Rozee recently got AA awards and Wines winning the Brownlow. Will definitely be interesting how he gets along with Rozee and Butters, different individual reacts differently to these type of character.....just ask all the North players.

So you’ve spoken to them all then?

North fans saying "wait til we play him next year, he is going to have a target on his back"

The club hasn't been relevant for 15 years in any positive manner, don't start talking tough after a 19 year old left your basket case and all you got in return was the chance to draft more midfielders

You will do well to touch the ball against Port next season
Hawf attack. What will your new avy be?

So you’ve spoken to them all then?
According to the North board (maybe they are just bitter though), probably chuck a sickie so he didn't have to attended that well documented young player team bonding event. That was when Port and Adelaide thought he was very gettable.

Last edited:
He seems to place individual accolade over team success and probably what Hinkley sold him on after Aliir Aliir and Rozee recently got AA awards and Wines winning the Brownlow. Will definitely be interesting how he gets along with Rozee and Butters, different individual reacts differently to these type of character.....just ask all the North players.

He'll fit in well at Port. He just did what he had to do to get out of that sh*thole as soon as he could.

All these red flags sound pretty worrying, lets hope he doesn't become a wasted talent like Tarryn Thomas.

The best players always seem to have that arrogance.
But Bucks gave his all for Brisbane when he was there and moved to Collingwood, JHF just sooked it up and left. Can't wait for Port fans to be disappointed in him for years.

I've just gone back and had another look at what GWS actually gave up in this trade. 3, 12, and a second rounder. They gave up significantly more for Cadman, a kid who's never played a game of AFL football and who wasn't even the consensus #1 pick, than Port gave up for JHF and Rioli combined. Crazy.

It's more than Dangerfield, it's more than Jeremy Cameron. Cadman is now the most expensive player at the trade table since Chris Judd. No pressure, kid.

I've just gone back and had another look at what GWS actually gave up in this trade. 3, 12, and a second rounder. They gave up significantly more for Cadman, a kid who's never played a game of AFL football and who wasn't even the consensus #1 pick, than Port gave up for JHF and Rioli combined. Crazy.

It's more than Dangerfield, it's more than Jeremy Cameron. Cadman is now the most expensive player at the trade table since Chris Judd. No pressure, kid.

Apparently a big reason why GWS were keen on him (aside from the fact they need a KPF) is that he wasn't considered a flight risk/doesn't look like wanting to return home to Victoria (least in the short term)

It's understandable why GWS took the punt, and probably less pressure on him to succeed/star straight away up there anyway

Apparently he is more AFL ready than Logan McDonald was at the same age, he will be fine.

Mind you, if he as good as I think he will be at GWS, North will once again (perhaps unfairly) why they decided to pass on another gun KPF prospect in the draft (by doing the trade with GWS)

Apparently a big reason why GWS were keen on him (aside from the fact they need a KPF) is that he wasn't considered a flight risk/doesn't look like wanting to return home to Victoria (least in the short term)

It's understandable why GWS took the punt, and probably less pressure on him to succeed/star straight away up there anyway

Apparently he is more AFL ready than Logan McDonald was at the same age, he will be fine.

Mind you, if he as good as I think he will be at GWS, North will once again (perhaps unfairly) why they decided to pass on another gun KPF prospect in the draft (by doing the trade with GWS)
Thanks for your concern Elmer, but I reckon we’ll get by just fine with both our Toby Greene and Clayton Oliver clones instead. :kissingheart:

Back to back spoons and less wins across the last 3 years than what Port had this year.
Good luck avoiding a 3rd straight spoon.
Jog on champ.
Hey Chief,
You will FINALLY sack Ken because you’re a mediocre side and club with no history in the AFL. Judas will sook it up again and we will get Butters next year. Jog on Chief

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Chief,
You will FINALLY sack Ken because you’re a mediocre side and club with no history in the AFL. Judas will sook it up again and we will get Butters next year. Jog on Chief
You're dreaming if you think you'll get Butters.
Primarily because hr isn't going you leave and if he did, he'll have far better options than Norf.

You're dreaming if you think you'll get Butters.
Primarily because hr isn't going you leave and if he did, he'll have far better options than Norf.
Lol…you won’t have a coach later next year, and players like Butters will leave your hole of a club.

Hey Chief,
Which is worse? A club that has 150 years of history vs a club that will soon BE history?

You have no history in the AFL.
Since Port joined the AFL both of you have won a single flag. Bit rich man

I’d bet money if they left the SANFL in 1925 they’d have at least 5 more flags than you in VFL/AFL. I’m not even defending Port because give me Norwood or Sturt and I’d assume the same.

Your team is historically like Glenelg, or present-day West Adelaide if you be honest with yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back