NBL 22/23 Season - brought to you by Hungry Jacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think it’s ridiculous the 36ers are playing nothing games in the US as the NBL season is starting?

Sure, play these games in the off season (ala what you see with soccer) but it’s a terrible look missing the opening couple of rounds of the season for this.

The NBL has been doing it for a few years so is the NBL just starting earlier this season than normal?

I suppose they’re hoping to build a relationship to hopefully get an NBA team or 2 down under for preseason at some stage?

So conflicted right now, super stoked an NBL team has finally beaten an NBA team it shows our league is no joke. But it's Adelaide and as a Wildcats supporter they are our oldest and most hated of rivals. I guess it's like having to cheer Goulding when he's playing for the Boomers, you're happy they're doing well but it doesn't feel right.

Does anyone think it’s ridiculous the 36ers are playing nothing games in the US as the NBL season is starting?

Sure, play these games in the off season (ala what you see with soccer) but it’s a terrible look missing the opening couple of rounds of the season for this.
Having one of your teams beat an NBA team is a terrible look? This is only the time of year that these sorts of games are possible.

I was thinking of taking the kids to an NBL game - we were walking past John Cain arena last weekend and they showed some interest in going when they saw a game was on.

Just looked up tickets - cheapest seats for an adult is $32 and kids another $18 each! "Gold" seats are $76 for an adult, $30 for kids!! Are they for real? Do they actually get decent crowds to these games? It's cheaper to go to the footy. Shooting themselves in the foot I think.

I was thinking of taking the kids to an NBL game - we were walking past John Cain arena last weekend and they showed some interest in going when they saw a game was on.

Just looked up tickets - cheapest seats for an adult is $32 and kids another $18 each! "Gold" seats are $76 for an adult, $30 for kids!! Are they for real? Do they actually get decent crowds to these games? It's cheaper to go to the footy. Shooting themselves in the foot I think.

Sundays game was a full house, Saturday night probably 60% full.

Fair enough, if they're selling those tickets good on them. $76 seems crazy though (and $114 for premium 😲).

It is a bit crazy, not sure what the per game cost is but they sell a lot of seasons tickets.

I prefer to sit at the end anyway so it’s usually a bit cheaper.

Harvey 2-11 is bad enough, but couldn’t even get to the free throw line all game.

That’s an absolute embarrassment. It’s an indictment on him and his coaching staff that they’re letting him take those distant threes and the stupid floaters instead of playing like a proper basketball player.

Pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hectic game. Tassie tried their best to * up after coming back, first with a stupid turnover to allow the big shot for OT and then Weeks stupidly fouling Sobey late in OT. New imports were big.

Hectic game. Tassie tried their best to * up after coming back, first with a stupid turnover to allow the big shot for OT and then Weeks stupidly fouling Sobey late in OT. New imports were big.
Weirdest thing about that game was Baynes and Froling both warming the bench for most of the 4th and all of OT.

Tas out rebounded Brisbane 17-7 during that time including 6-0 offensive boards (!)

That is insanely self destructive coaching. You simply cannot hope to win a shoot out when you're consciously giving up six extra possessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back