Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How about Dawson, Rankine and Rachele?

Add in Berry, Soligo, Taylor.

Laird goes alright.

I’m not sure our FUTURE midfield group is sooo awful.
Depends mainly on Taylor Pedlar and Schoenberg … and then Rachele / Rankine being able to do upwards of 30% each

If 2 of those top 3 can take off then it looks pretty decent with Berry and Soligo looking good

* these blokes are stupid.

It was never about the money, it was about coming home. It is why he rejected Essendon, it is why he rejected Gold Coast.

Seriously, these are meant to be expert footy media.

Yeh right, give me a break.
If you are Rankine, there is a new CBA in 2 years which will see the salary cap increase substantially, signing for 3 years is smart

Why players are signing for 7 is beyond me

How about Dawson, Rankine and Rachele?

Add in Berry, Soligo, Taylor.

Laird goes alright.

I’m not sure our FUTURE midfield group is sooo awful.

I don’t think our midfield is too bad - just still developing. Certainly would be nice to have a big elite player in there but at the very least we need a bigger tagging type (could Hateley get stronger and play a Willem Drew role for us)

Bottom line Petracca, Oliver and Cripps destroy us more than any other players in the comp

I reckon Cripps has 12 Brownlow votes from his last 4 games against us

Oliver and Petracca I think have got the 3 and 2 the last 3 times we have played. Just too big and strong at the contest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its not the making up numbers that pisses me off.

Its then calling into question Rankine's motives and character as a result of that false information.

And still not having a single comment on Jackson 7 yrs@$900k and JHF 6@$700k. Let alone the 7 year deals to the new Tiger boys

If you are Rankine, there is a new CBA in 2 years which will see the salary cap increase substantially, signing for 3 years is smart

Some of them have a clause that gives them increases based on CBA so it is indexed. Those that don’t though!

Is that how it works? Does the extra cash in the CBA all go into the remaining salary cap for the club to spend as they wish, or does everything get inflated proportionately?

i.e if Rankine was getting paid say 5% of our salary cap under the old CBA, he'd still be getting paid 5% under the new CBA.

I don't actually know, was just thinking about this yesterday.

Most salaries are tied to the CBA % increase.

Is that how it works? Does the extra cash in the CBA all go into the remaining salary cap for the club to spend as they wish, or does everything get inflated proportionately?

i.e if Rankine was getting paid say 5% of our salary cap under the old CBA, he'd still be getting paid 5% under the new CBA.

I don't actually know, was just thinking about this yesterday.
No because they sign contracts of x dollars over however many years. Yes some will have adjustments but I would rather be in a position to renegotiate.

No because they sign contracts of x dollars over however many years. Yes some will have adjustments but I would rather be in a position to renegotiate.
Yeah looked it up, AFLPA website says some players will have uplift clauses but not all. Can only imagine players on long term deals will include the uplift clause, as like you say, why would they sign passed the end of the CBA if not.

I don’t think our midfield is too bad - just still developing. Certainly would be nice to have a big elite player in there but at the very least we need a bigger tagging type (could Hateley get stronger and play a Willem Drew role for us)

Bottom line Petracca, Oliver and Cripps destroy us more than any other players in the comp

I reckon Cripps has 12 Brownlow votes from his last 4 games against us

Oliver and Petracca I think have got the 3 and 2 the last 3 times we have played. Just too big and strong at the contest

honestly i think hately is a bust
something remarkable would need to occur akin to him eating a plutonium donut over the offseason

Thread needs a change of title IMO, Welcome to the Mighty Adelaide Crows Izak Rankine sounds good

throw-kitchen-sink-rankine-crom-gif.1096219

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy will fire up for Showdowns. Hopefully the first one is our home game.

Imagine history repeats itself, instead of Dawson, Rankine from the pocket after the siren.

Pretty sure the Crows board will crash Bigfooty.
I'd like a Round showdown.

I just did a best 22 and have to admit, that forward line is getting mightily crowded.

If you pencil in Tex, Fog, Rachele, Rankine, Thilthorpe and McAdam as starting 6, it potentially leaves Ned, Murphy, Sloane, Keays, Gollant, Rowe (if he's still a Crow) and Pedlar all juking it out for 1 maybe 2 positions.

Gonna be an interesting season.
Those highlighted apart from Gollant who might come in for Tex when he is rested shouldn't get a game this year unless we have injuries. Pedlar not so sure about yet. Needs a big PS to be in the mix.

Those highlighted apart from Gollant who might come in for Tex when he is rested shouldn't get a game this year unless we have injuries. Pedlar not so sure about yet. Needs a big PS to be in the mix.
Rankine going be a star and his presser reaffirms that he will rotate in mid field

personally I think he will be better than jhf

also Harley Reid is a generalisation player

is there any way could get him rebuild done

dont know how as I see us not bottom four side next year

how we get harley Reid I think he may be best draft player in the last 10 years really do see a lot of dusty in him

but no one in right mind will give him up no matter what draft picks offered

be assured we will try

Rankine going be a star and his presser reaffirms that he will rotate in mid field

how we get harley Reid I think he may be best draft player in the last 10 years really do see a lot of dusty in him

be assured we will try
Son of Justin? That should advantage us.

be assured we will try
Rankine and JHF are different prototypes. One appears more a skilled midfield bull, and the other is more a nifty goal sneak who can play part-time midfield.

I see Rankine reaching roughly the level of an Akermanis.

Rankine and JHF are different prototypes. One appears more a skilled midfield bull, and the other is more a nifty goal sneak who can play part-time midfield.

I see Rankine reaching roughly the level of an Akermanis.
I posed a general question a little while back. If JHF projects as the 'next' dangerfield and rankine projects as the next 'akermanis / mcleod', who would you prefer?

I suppose the answer is you are happy with either

I posed a general question a little while back. If JHF projects as the 'next' dangerfield and rankine projects as the next 'akermanis / mcleod', who would you prefer?

I suppose the answer is you are happy with either
Im not sure the question can be answered straight away either.:think:

So many variables at play here.

What I do know, is that I would rather Rankine, Rachelle and Dawson over JHF.

Back