Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd is going to blow you young Hawketts away, I honestly rate him that high!
I’ve liked all that I’ve seen of him, since I was first told we were sniffing around him a while back.
I think he and Reeves have the scope to be a genuine topline ruck combo.

In the end they accepted a 4th round Circa 62

GWS offered pick 19 for Jaegar.

Pick 19 = 948 points = Jaegar.

Projecting futures (assuming the same ladder position):
Haw 4th = pick 69 = 67 points
WBu 2nd = pick 30 = 629 points

Values Meek at 386 points. Pick 42/43.

Should Hawthorn slide, and Western Bulldogs rise. That would make Meek around pick 30 in value.

QED

GWS offered pick 19 for Jaegar.

Pick 19 = 948 points = Jaegar.

Projecting futures (assuming the same ladder position):
Haw 4th = pick 69 = 67 points
WBu 2nd = pick 30 = 629 points

Values Meek at 386 points. Pick 42/43.

Should Hawthorn slide, and Western Bulldogs rise. That would make Meek around pick 30 in value.

QED

Decent analysis, I think the trade was actually very fair and probably favoured us a little bit. Most commentators for some reason have only focussed on the picks attached in return and completely disregarded the players we’ve got back. Same with the Tom Mitchell deal.

Decent analysis, I think the trade was actually very fair and probably favoured us a little bit. Most commentators for some reason have only focussed on the picks attached in return and completely disregarded the players we’ve got back. Same with the Tom Mitchell deal.

People forget you got Amon for free. He won a fair few brownlow votes this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks didn't trade the pick?

p.s. you know what a 'bump' is yeah?
The “wont happen” comment was clearly about trading pick 24 for Meek, and we did not trade it.

How can you not understand the context?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back