2022-23 NBA Week 1: Drama for Wembanyama

Remove this Banner Ad

Less than 3 days to go before the 2022-2023 season commences. Lest this be a special season not due to the crowning of a potential new champion, should the Warriors fail to repeat, but for the race to the bottom. The prize? 14% chance of securing the no 1 pick, and with it the newly termed Alien Victor Wembanyama the 7'2" point-shooting-centre.

There will be many distractions of course throughout the season, some consensual.

The season tips off with West and Eastern powerhouses colliding:

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.57 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.50 pm.png

The Celtics minus coach Ime host traditional rivals from Philly. The 6ers look stacked with the addition of PJ Tucker, D House and Montrez Harrell. Lots of flexing here.
Meanwhile out west, will we see Draymond Green clocking a Lakers player? Let's hope it's Westbrook

Thanks for your patience during the off season. May the banter begin.

Last edited:
Love the title. Hope my pacers tank like no one has tanked before.

It would be really appropriate for Indiana to secure the no 1 pick and Victor because the first European to explore the state was Robert de la Salle.

soul-glo-coming-2-america-eriq-la-salle.jpg

Gee the TWolves are in for a hot start.

View attachment 1538165
The offence is gonna be a hot mess to start the season with so little preseason time with Gobert & KAT together due to EuroBall & illness, wouldn't be surprised to see us come out of that period with a worse record than expected. Definitely a good opportunity to get a run going though.

I’ll be death riding the lakers to somehow miss playoffs again.

Looking out west I’ve got these squads ahead of them imo.

Warriors
Clippers
Nuggets
Grizzlies
Mavs
Suns
Pelicans
T wolves

Reckon kings may go past them this season too.

So saying the kings are above them that leaves the lakers to get past

Trailblazers
Thunder
Rockets
Spurs
Jazz

Now we can rule out jazz spurs and almost certainly rockets as they’ll be playing the victor sweep stakes.

I believe on paper the lakers have a much better team than both the blazers and thunder, BUT the lakers are really an injury to either of Lebron/AD and they will be seriously in deep sheet.

I for one welcome the carnage and enjoy the spectacle that is lakers epic fails

The offence is gonna be a hot mess to start the season with so little preseason time with Gobert & KAT together due to EuroBall & illness, wouldn't be surprised to see us come out of that period with a worse record than expected. Definitely a good opportunity to get a run going though.
Even so, could hardly ask for a better schedule to find your footing as an offense with 6 of 7 games against teams that are actively tanking.

love the title

if the lakers have a s**t season until the trade deadline, do they trade AD, Bron for a shot at Wembanyama?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love the title

if the lakers have a s**t season until the trade deadline, do they trade AD, Bron for a shot at Wembanyama?
No chance, pretty sure NOLA have pick swap rights with the Lakers first this year.

Final O/U guesses

Celtics 53.5 UNDER
Bucks 52.5 OVER
Clippers 52.5 OVER
Warriors 52.5 OVER
Suns 52.5 UNDER
Nets 51.5 UNDER
Nuggets 51.5 OVER
76ers 50.5 OVER

Heat 49.5 OVER
Grizzlies 48.5 UNDER
Mavericks 48.5 OVER
Timberwolves 48.5 UNDER
Cavaliers 47.5 OVER
Raptors 46.5 OVER
Hawks 45.5 UNDER
Pelicans 45.5 OVER
Lakers 44.5 UNDER
Bulls 41.5 OVER

Trail Blazers 39.5 UNDER
Knicks 38.5 OVER
Wizards 35.5 OVER
Hornets 34.5 UNDER
Kings 33.5 OVER

Pistons 29.5 UNDER
Magic 27.5 OVER
Rocket 23.5 OVER
Jazz 23.5 UNDER
Pacers 23.5 UNDER
Spurs 22.5 UNDER
Thunder 22.5 UNDER

I feel like a crackhead for saying it but I think the Kings and Knicks are going to be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back