Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Giddey.
Daniels.
Green.
Thybulle.
Simmons.

What a timeline
What a 5 that would be. Absolutely no spacing and no post play. You'd have Simmons setting picks for Giddey, rolling to the elbow, getting a pass and kicking it out to 25% three point shooters on the wing, without even looking at the basket. Then the possession would end with Green or Daniels shooting a contested pull up, with Thybulle just standing in corner.

Pure poetry.

They have to defend Simmons the other way too. He is capable of wcoeing 40+ on gobert
As we all know, the best way to score against the best rim protector in the world is to let him stay in the paint every possession.

Most people are going to struggle vs jokic. Current back to back MVP ...

Who else do the Baltic and Slav states have that play the 5?

They have to defend Simmons the other way too. He is capable of wcoeing 40+ on gobert

Chances are some c grade 7footer might struggle to keep up with him in transition for example.

I wasn't saying to play Ben at the 5 every min. Maker and Lansdale types can plug in too if you need size.

Giddey.
Daniels.
Green.
Thybulle.
Simmons.

What a timeline
With a defensive line up like that - should ask Ross Lyon to coach.

Simmons appears to have defended giannis very well a couple hours ago - bucks v nets.

Do the baltic states have bigger stronger better 5 than that?

Last edited:

What a 5 that would be. Absolutely no spacing and no post play. You'd have Simmons setting picks for Giddey, rolling to the elbow, getting a pass and kicking it out to 25% three point shooters on the wing, without even looking at the basket. Then the possession would end with Green or Daniels shooting a contested pull up, with Thybulle just standing in corner.

Pure poetry.

As we all know, the best way to score against the best rim protector in the world is to let him stay in the paint every possession.

Thybulle is shooting corners 3s well and trending up.

Giddey is having a good shooting pre season.

Green 36%

Being young you'd expect the general shooting should improve in the team.

Simmons should be able to get to the basket a lot be defended by big slows blokes - pick and role

Last edited:
Most people are going to struggle vs jokic. Current back to back MVP ...

Who else do the Baltic and Slav states have that play the 5?

Chances are some c grade 7footer might struggle to keep up with him in transition for example.

I wasn't saying to play Ben at the 5 every min. Maker and Lansdale types can plug in too if you need size.

Giddey.
Daniels.
Green.
Thybulle.
Simmons.

What a timeline
Tell me you don't watch international ball without telling me you don't watch international ball.

They are all stacked with legit 7 footers. 250+ pounders that can play.

Croatia have Zubac.
Bosnia have Nurk.
Lithuania have Sabonis + Valancunis.
Turkey have Sengun

All of those would be too big for Simmons to defender full time.

Tell me you don't watch international ball without telling me you don't watch international ball.

They are all stacked with legit 7 footers. 250+ pounders that can play.

Croatia have Zubac.
Bosnia have Nurk.
Lithuania have Sabonis + Valancunis.
Turkey have Sengun

All of those would be too big for Simmons to defender full time.

Like I said he apparently defended Giannis well minuets ago and it doesn't get much harder.

Thanks for the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really think Xavier cook from the Sydney kings has the tools to make it to euro league and possibly even get on an nba roster.

Anyone know where thin maker is currently playing?
I know Exum is in Serbia

Really think Xavier cook from the Sydney kings has the tools to make it to euro league and possibly even get on an nba roster.

Anyone know where thin maker is currently playing?
I know Exum is in Serbia

Thon is collecting superannuation in China.

Cooks will get a look in at the NBA at some stage I reckon. Should definitely go to Paris with the Boomers, has qualities that nobody else in the squad does.

So I’m just trying to get a thought for what a boomers squad would like like for 2023-24

Giddey
Mills
Green
Landale
Maker
Thybulle
Daniels
Kay
Exum
White
Cook
Sobey

Possibly still have baynes, delly and ingles there but those 3 along with mills are very old and may not be there.

I’m assuming Simmons won’t show

So I’m just trying to get a thought for what a boomers squad would like like for 2023-24

Giddey
Mills
Green
Landale
Maker
Thybulle
Daniels
Kay
Exum
White
Cook
Sobey

Possibly still have baynes, delly and ingles there but those 3 along with mills are very old and may not be there.

I think there’s a strong need for a scorer there so you’ve got to consider dj or possibly proctor.

I’m not sure if we currently have other options?

I think there’s a strong need for a scorer there so you’ve got to consider dj or possibly proctor.

Goulding is the existing option but I’d assume DJ takes his spot pretty soon.

Yep thought the same as I looked through the list, we can’t expect mills to keep being that guy.

The thing we lack is an out an out scorer and maybe a beast in the paint.
Wing wise, passing guards and stretch big men we are stacked.

Any other scorers coking through other than dj and proctor?

I think there’s an argument to be made that you need to pick the best fit rather than the best player, and would leave out a player who deserves to go and is quality if they’re another wing type for that shooter we need.

For me dj has that mentality and can get hot. Would love to see if he can do that against the size defenders he will come up against in international ball.

Would proctor be ready is another question. Maybe not for big minutes, but as a scorer off the bench?

Early take on a World Cup team, given we are less than 12 months out.

Giddey/Exum
Mills/Daniels/Goulding
Thybulle/Ingles/Green
Kay/White
Landale/Reath

You know we are in a really good spot when we can afford to leave out NBA players. Probably need a bit more size but don't want to drop any of those wings. If Simmons wants to play I guess he replaces one of Kay/White. Reath spot could be any of Baynes, Maker, JLA (is he with us or South Sudan?) etc. Goulding could be swapped for Vasiljevic. Was hard to leave Cooks out.

Giddey
Mills
Green
Landale
Maker
Thybulle
Daniels
Kay
Exum
White
Cook
Sobey

Would have Goulding there as a bench player. When you get to that 9-12 spot you need to look at guys who can have an impact with minimal time on court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back