Collingwood and Richmond, who has the more feral supporter base?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond easily. Pies supporters are fine, passionate but at least they can be spoken too.
Richmond are never happy winning or losing if it wasn’t for Bomber ferals would be worst by a Long way.

Collingwood, they've been there through thick and thin ... It's more to do with passion.

Richmond supporters jumped on after some success and are more psychotic and delusional.

Collingwood, they've been there through thick and thin ... It's more to do with passion.

Richmond supporters jumped on after some success and are more psychotic and delusional.
Richmond are still more successful than Collingwood in your lifetime 37 year drought or not. How many premierships have you seen for Geelong? 4 like me or is it 5?

Richmond are still more successful than Collingwood in your lifetime 37 year drought or not. How many premierships have you seen for Geelong? 4 like me or is it 5?
That was my point. Collingwood have always had high membership numbers. It took a premiership for Richmond to jump ahead.

All those supposed 'big clubs' only have a huge membership base because their fathers and grandfathers (and themselves) jumped on when they were buying VFL flags in the earlier years when there was no salary cap.

None of them are big clubs any more than what Geelong are.

Hawthorn, Geelong and West Coast are the big clubs now.

And Ive seen 4.

That was my point. Collingwood have always had high membership numbers. It took a premiership for Richmond to jump ahead.

And Ive seen 4.
You said years ago that Richmond fans are the worst of the lot which suggests there was in fact no bandwagon but just a long time in between drinks. Hawks are my definition of a bandwagon - how they have 80,000 members and get smaller crowds than we do is rather appalling.

Backs me up:

You said years ago that Richmond fans are the worst of the lot which suggests there was in fact no bandwagon but just a long time in between drinks. Hawks are my definition of a bandwagon - how they have 80,000 members and get smaller crowds than we do is rather appalling.

Backs me up:
Where did I say that?

Both Hawthorn and Richmond have the biggest bandwagon fans in the country. The proof is in membership increases..

Where did I say that?

Both Hawthorn and Richmond have the biggest bandwagon fans in the country. The proof is in membership increases..
Are you going to say the same thing about Carlton when they win a premiership? They've got awesome numbers for a club that I've only ever seen win two finals throughout my entire time watching football. Or Essendon? I have never seen Essendon win a final and I'm half way to 50

Are you going to say the same thing about Carlton when they win a premiership? They've got awesome numbers for a club that I've only ever seen win two finals throughout my entire time watching football. Or Essendon? I have never seen Essendon win a final and I'm half way to 50
If their membership increases, yes. Until then my point stands.

We had over 72,000 members in 2016 - The 3rd most in the comp - 36 years after our last premiership and 15 years after our last finals win.

Try again :$

We had over 72,000 members in 2016 - The 3rd most in the comp - 36 years after our last premiership and 15 years after our last finals win.

Try again :$
Now over 100,000. Huge spike.

Thanks for proving my point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily Collingwood

I thought the stigma of missing teeth, speed dealers and charity bin clothing was a stereotype until I took my old man to see Freo play the Pies at Etihad in either 2012 or 2013. I remember getting there the people looked like extras from the set of Romper Stomper. Me and my old man took our seats surrounded by Pies supporters and had to put up with 2 hours of the foulest language my old man had never even heard before. Still cringe at the memory.

Now over 100,000. Huge spike.

Thanks for proving my point.
:straining:

Third most in 2016, 2nd most in 2022 - A rise of ~39% in those 6 years. Memberships across the league have increased by 36% since 2016. A whopping 3% above the mean. You can call Richmond fans a lot of things but bandwagoners isn't one. We've always had strong numbers, even when we were rattling tins.

Of course there is going to be a spike after a drought breaking flag, let alone winning 3 three of them in 4 years. In conculsion, you were wrong. Have a spell mate.

Going to some Richmond games lately these people barely know the rules let alone care enough to get feral. The amount of bandwagoners is through the roof. Seriously, go to one of their games and it’s like you are running an Auskick clinic. You have to teach these muppets why the players are fisting the ball and not just throwing it.

Collingwood fans have them beat by a mile. How dedicated are you to show up week in week out throughout the season just for when finals come around go to a Prelim just to watch your team inevitably lose by a couple of points. Would drive you crazy. Imagine that every year for the last 60, no wonder there’s 3 generations of the ferals.

Collingwood are the most feral I've seen. But I admire their passion and loyalty.

Eagles fans need to be more feral.
Winning = clap, clap...booooooo!
Losing = deathly silence.

Richmond easily. Pies supporters are fine, passionate but at least they can be spoken too.
Richmond are never happy winning or losing if it wasn’t for Bomber ferals would be worst by a Long way.
This post brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood big footy.
🤪

Collingwood are the most feral I've seen. But I admire their passion and loyalty.

I remember when they made Jobe Watson cry which spurred Essendon on to win for him.

Luke Darcy "West Coast fans need to take a good long and hard look at themselves"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back