First club to 17 premierships?

Who will be the first club to 17 premierships?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we copying? You had to add a little Richmond to your game style to finally win one. You even had to get tigers and hawks imports to get you over the line. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Oh dear. Geelong's play style was nothing like Richmond's. Our defence has been doing what Grimes and Vlastuin picked up five years ago for about twenty. Our forwardline operates around a monster key forward, a mobile key forward and smalls who run from half back to half forward all day. And our midfield are contest beasts, where Richmond are sag off and force a turnover.

But yeah, you guys are opting for the top up strategy - Hardwick won't survive another nine year rebuild, and he knows it.

Oh dear. Geelong's play style was nothing like Richmond's. Our defence has been doing what Grimes and Vlastuin picked up five years ago for about twenty. Our forwardline operates around a monster key forward, a mobile key forward and smalls who run from half back to half forward all day. And our midfield are contest beasts, where Richmond are sag off and force a turnover.

But yeah, you guys are opting for the top up strategy - Hardwick won't survive another nine year rebuild, and he knows it.

I mean you added a bit of chaotic footy and speed to your game style. Opposite to what you’ve been doing for a decade. You usually went slow and boring to stop the oppositions strengths and control the game.

Also who do you think lynch and Riewoldt are? A monster key and mid forward. We got lynch before you got Cameron. I guess you saw the light and used Hardwick style instead of persisting with Scott’s. Only took a decade. And no you did nothing like what vlastuin and grimes did. We started ours attack from defensive turnover then locked it in the fwd 50.

One year is a long time in footy.

Speaking of which Geelong have lost six grand finals in the last 33 years.

1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2008 and 2020.

Have Geelong become the modern day Colliwobbles?

We buried the Colliwobbles in 1990 so you know it makes sense. ;)
Wobbled in 2018..... was there aaaaaaand then it wasn't

You aren’t gonna win another one for a decade. Take it to the bank. Enjoy.

You’d know with your unparalleled obsession of everything Geelong FC

You’d know with your unparalleled obsession of everything Geelong FC

You guys stick your nose in everything. I mean what are you doing in this thread? You guys aren’t getting to 17 before anybody else, you are 7 off ffs.

You guys stick your nose in everything. I mean what are you doing in this thread? You guys aren’t getting to 17 before anybody else, you are 7 off ffs.

Good point

Nobody:
Port fans: m8 we’ve already got 30+ Premierships bloody vic bias blah blah blah Connor Rozee was robbed of rising star something something Kane Cornes
Spot on mate. Even here in West Oz, our turkeys talk about VFL flags, but I’ve never heard one talk about Port. Just quietly, East Fremantle have a lazy 29. This thinking proves that the VFL is alive and well, albeit called by another name.

Collingwood and they will do it comfortably, always there or thereabouts.

You won’t be alive to see 15 at your clubs strike rate. About to hit a rebuild now in 1-2 years. And yes it will happen eventually. You haven’t got enough young talent to cover the losses only SDK, Stengel and Holmes are good. For now anyway. They aren’t exactly superstars either.

One is technically - open for debate of course but based on arbitrary rankings for the time being - the best small forward in the league.

Another was ranked the highest rated winger for the second half of the season according to some metric that I have no idea about. AFL player ratings or something.

Sam De Koning is already in the top 3-4 KPD in the competition. I’m not really sure what more any of the three of them can do to be ‘exactly superstars’ in their respective roles after their first full season each in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One is technically - open for debate of course but based on arbitrary rankings for the time being - the best small forward in the league.

Another was ranked the highest rated winger for the second half of the season according to some metric that I have no idea about. AFL player ratings or something.

Sam De Koning is already in the top 3-4 KPD in the competition. I’m not really sure what more any of the three of them can do to be ‘exactly superstars’ in their respective roles after their first full season each in the AFL.
Yeah but who gives a rats about any of those advanced metrics and analytics....opinions are where we really separate the men from the boys 🤣

Yeah but who gives a rats about any of those advanced metrics and analytics....opinions are where we really separate the men from the boys 🤣

Take your circle jerk to the Geelong board m8, they are spuds and you know it

Take your circle jerk to the Geelong board m8, they are spuds and you know it
SDK and Stengle would be top 5 at Essendon, Holmes top 10 (But then they wouldn't be able to get votes in the Norm Smith, that would suck)

Run along sweetheart 😚

SDK and Stengle would be top 5 at Essendon, Holmes top 10 (But then they wouldn't be able to get votes in the Norm Smith, that would suck)

Run along sweetheart 😚

Geelong board m7, take it there pls

What are you as a Richmond supporter doing in this thread?

If Geelong are 20,000 to 1, Richmond are 12,000 to 1.

I’m not saying Richmond will though, I’ve said Carlton. Since Dees, hawks and Richmond are all on 13. 13 appears to be the cutoff as people have been discussing them.

Don;t Geelong have 17 flags already? 7 in VFA, 6 in VFL, 4 in AFL..

What about Port? They have 67 SA flags?

Just like I said with Pickett for the Dees last year and players like Ellis for us. Wait for your team to struggle to see how good they really are, being in a premiership team makes you look better. Especially the small forwards and youngsters. 3 kids is also not enough, don’t you have like 10 players over 30. They are all your best players too I’m pretty sure.

No, it's his unparalleled Expert Data Analysis skills.

You just keep getting your info from betting agencies mate, heard shaqui has got some new deals for you. Gamble responsibly.

Back