EPL Matchday 12 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

He hasn't shown anything this season to suggest that he can. He has one goal from open play in nearly 700 minutes of game time. If you ignore reputation and just look at form he isn't good enough to be starting for any PL level club, let alone a top club.

Rashford is copping criticism for wasteful finishing and I keep seeing comments like "Ronaldo would have buried that" but Ronaldo isn't burying them because he's no longer capable of getting into those positions in the first place. Combine that with his inability to contribute to a press and poor linkup play, then no decent team is going to want to carry him. He's finished.
Nah he can do it in the serie a I believe still, that’s more to his liking if anything.

Maybe Mbappe can sack Messi and bring Ronnie in and they can be precious together.
Or mbappe wants out Ronnie wants out. Swap mbappe and cash for Ronnie. Everyone wins ronaldo finally teams up with Messi mbappe gets out of Paris.

He wasn't but I do take your point.

At least with Pochettino we had a go. This is disgusting to watch and our table position is masking utterly awful football.

With the attacking players at your disposal it's such a waste with the way Conte wants to play. The players will buy in when things are good but as soon as they sour it's almost tools down time.

I'd be holding off on that new contract for him.

He wasn't but I do take your point.

At least with Pochettino we had a go. This is disgusting to watch and our table position is masking utterly awful football.
Conte has better players than Mourinho had

Kept them up?
He didn’t do any better than their previous manager and the reason they nearly went down was because of him. They are also a terribly boring, physical and direct side.
His results have not been good no matter what way one attempts to spin it.

Yes, I believe they're playing in the PL this season.

So he achieved the aim of the club which they sacked Benitez in order to achieve. The replacement the fans protested has a horrible managerial record and there's no guarantee he would have done the same.

Until the weekend they had the best defensive record in the league. Call that boring if you want but it's still an impressive record.

Early days but Blues fans are turning on McNeil and Maupay already, looking like a terrible waste of money.

1 point above the drop and playing terrible football, I think they’ll be right in the mix for relegation if they don’t change the way they play.

DCL's also just returned and once he's up to speed may pull them away.

It's a shame our fans didn't wheel this banner to put Zouma off his game this time round

View attachment 1539931
To be fair, he's been pretty shite form wise since that incident, he was a great signing initially, but he's got a degenerative knee condition as well.

Today's match summed up our season so far, missed penalty, Soucek should have done better with his chance at the end but great block by Milner.

VVD scuffing up the penalty spot. Tut tut. Imagine the outrage if a West Ham defender did that.

By the same token look at the response of a VAR call going against Liverpool (Bowen pen) compared to the outrage of a City goal being chalked off on VAR with 2 fouls commited in the lead up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, he's been pretty shite form wise since that incident, he was a great signing initially, but he's got a degenerative knee condition as well.

Today's match summed up our season so far, missed penalty, Soucek should have done better with his chance at the end but great block by Milner.

Darwin caused chaos! Could easily have had a hatty.

They can't get him out of that club quickly enough.

For one of the greatest to ever play the game, he's become basically unemployable. There's just not a top 5 European League I can see him ending up at anymore.
I disagree, he can absolutely still play and do a great job for a lot of teams, but those teams are no longer top sides and he only wants to play for CL quality teams. He'd be great at a mid table team or a relegation fighting team but he just refuses to make the drop down.

That's the difference with him and Messi, Messi's skill set is far more sustainable for CL clubs and top clubs then Ronaldo's.

I disagree, he can absolutely still play and do a great job for a lot of teams, but those teams are no longer top sides and he only wants to play for CL quality teams. He'd be great at a mid table team or a relegation fighting team but he just refuses to make the drop down.

That's the difference with him and Messi, Messi's skill set is far more sustainable for CL clubs and top clubs then Ronaldo's.

Ronaldo would not be interested in battling up front on his own off scraps for a team threatened by relegation. That's just not his game. Generally big name players at the end of their career don't change to a smaller club in the PL - they'll look to playing in the likes of A League / MLS / Middle Eastern leagues to extend their careers. Possibly in the case of Ronaldo he may head back to Sporting Lisbon for a season or two before he calls it quits or maybe even Serie A which is a league that pensioners favor these days.

From our point of view I can't see Salah joining another PL club at age 34 when his contract expires.

He hasn't shown anything this season to suggest that he can. He has one goal from open play in nearly 700 minutes of game time. If you ignore reputation and just look at form he isn't good enough to be starting for any PL level club, let alone a top club.

Rashford is copping criticism for wasteful finishing and I keep seeing comments like "Ronaldo would have buried that" but Ronaldo isn't burying them because he's no longer capable of getting into those positions in the first place. Combine that with his inability to contribute to a press and poor linkup play, then no decent team is going to want to carry him. He's finished.

Having no pre-season has done him in, you can’t do that at 37.

Walking off with 5 mins to go, that’s a statement and a half, he’s pretty much saying “I’m done, * off”.

I’m not sure we see him playing for United again. Unless there’s some sort of wild explanation for him leaving early.

Ronaldo would not be interested in battling up front on his own off scraps for a team threatened by relegation. That's just not his game. Generally big name players at the end of their career don't change to a smaller club in the PL - they'll look to playing in the likes of A League / MLS / Middle Eastern leagues to extend their careers. Possibly in the case of Ronaldo he may head back to Sporting Lisbon for a season or two before he calls it quits or maybe even Serie A which is a league that pensioners favor these days.

From our point of view I can't see Salah joining another PL club at age 34 when his contract expires.
Yeah Im not saying players do that, I'm just saying I think his skill set could still be valuable to a shitter team. But he just doesnt want to make the drop down.

By the same token look at the response of a VAR call going against Liverpool (Bowen pen) compared to the outrage of a City goal being chalked off on VAR with 2 fouls commited in the lead up to it.
Games over, move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back