Rumour 2022 Draft Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Consider posting your hypothetical Pick swaps, or opinions on what's fair, in the linked thread instead! That way, you can discuss in the proper space and this thread can remain more on topic

rumour (n)​

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
  2. gossip or hearsay

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard the inside word on what clubs are planning for the 2022 draft? Any particular player teams are keen on? Pick swaps?
Sydney are big on Humphrey apparently, looking into trading up with their two firsts.

Hawks ITK has said we have talked a lot with Humphrey and like him a lot, Phillapou is another we've had a lot of conversations with. This isn't necessarily an indicator of interest, we had very few conversations with Sam Butler and Connor MacDonald before drafting them.

Essendon has had a lot of conversations with Humphrey as well, there're a lot of clubs who are very keen on the kid's upside. Same with Gold Coast, I think there's a real chance any of Essendon, Gold Coast, Hawks, and Cats have Bailey in their top 3 on a big board.

The Hawks are moving up with their late picks and might move the WB F2 into this draft. This is straight from the horse's mouth, Sammy and Mark have said so in interviews after the trade period.

Ginbey has a lot of supporters at the top end, a sneaky chance to get to Gold Coast for my liking. They have had some very in-depth conversations with him, seen as a little less of a flight risk than most inter-staters.

Pretty much all of this is secondhand and non-committal, with a very murky draft order clubs don't won't want people knowing who they rate where. This will all be proven wrong in about two weeks when Twomey releases his ultra-insider big board + phantom draft.

The Hawks are moving up with their late picks and might move the WB F2 into this draft. This is straight from the horse's mouth, Sammy and Mark have said so in interviews after the trade period.
This is interesting.
If Alwyn Davey Jr is bid on before 22, trading it to Hawthorn for the WB F2 and a later pick from the Hawks this year might be a good trade for both involved.

This is interesting.
If Alwyn Davey Jr is bid on before 22, trading it to Hawthorn for the WB F2 and a later pick from the Hawks this year might be a good trade for both involved.
A popular idea over on our board, so long as we can stay on the phone long enough to get the deal done without mutually hanging up in disgust.

Haven't heard much. Just that Sydney is pushing hard for North's pick 3 but I am sceptical as I have only heard that rumour on bigfooty.
What do think is a fair deal?

Highly rated small forward Harry Sheezel has jumped to the top of North Melbourne’s draft board as the club considers how to invest its two top-three picks at next month’s national draft.

In the very likely scenario that Sheezel is still available, the Kangaroos intend to use one of those picks on the young gun from Sandringham Dragons, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Essendon were also believed to be interested in Sheezel, but they are currently at pick No.4, making it harder for them to recruit him.

Sydney are big on Humphrey apparently, looking into trading up with their two firsts.

Hawks ITK has said we have talked a lot with Humphrey and like him a lot, Phillapou is another we've had a lot of conversations with. This isn't necessarily an indicator of interest, we had very few conversations with Sam Butler and Connor MacDonald before drafting them.

Essendon has had a lot of conversations with Humphrey as well, there're a lot of clubs who are very keen on the kid's upside. Same with Gold Coast, I think there's a real chance any of Essendon, Gold Coast, Hawks, and Cats have Bailey in their top 3 on a big board.

Ginbey has a lot of supporters at the top end, a sneaky chance to get to Gold Coast for my liking. They have had some very in-depth conversations with him, seen as a little less of a flight risk than most inter-staters.

Pretty much all of this is secondhand and non-committal, with a very murky draft order clubs don't won't want people knowing who they rate where. This will all be proven wrong in about two weeks when Twomey releases his ultra-insider big board + phantom draft.

Good info.

Sydney would need a top 6 pick for humphrey imo and they dont have the currency to get up that far imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we are taking him with our 1st pick.

The 2nd pick is where the debate is.

Far out Sheezel is a ballsy pick!! If he doesn't turn into a mid what is his ceiling Luke Breust. Luke Bruest is a gun but you probably want to aim a little higher with pick three in the draft. At least I would want Geelong to.

Far out Sheezel is a ballsy pick!! If he doesn't turn into a mid what is his ceiling Luke Breust. Luke Bruest is a gun but you probably want to aim a little higher with pick three in the draft. At least I would want Geelong to.
Toby Greene/Stevie J is what we are hoping for. We need a star with X factor.

Absolutely.

I'm in the market for a bridge, too, just to put out the front of the club's HQ. Something looking like a coathanger would look nice. Would you happen to have one available, too?
Not a bridge but I have a huge rock that changes color.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back