Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched his speech. Gees this club is in good hands for the next 10 years. Just hope the board doesn’t shoot us in the foot.
I could listen to this bloke talk every hour of every day.

What an outstanding human being as well as coach.

We are in safe (and caring) hands.

I'm sitting here wondering who will be the first player to push Fly too far.

That sharp comment about not lying down and acting like winners is just a flash of the steel fist inside the velvet glove.

He may be a warm and sensitive person but he's definitely no pushover.

If you want to see what a 21st century leader is, there's your model right there.

Indeed, and I’m having a good laugh at Essendon while their favourite old dinosaur - Kevin Sheedy - hangs around causing trouble and running interference.

We’ve made a leap into the future, and how good it is. And how positive were the players when receiving their awards?

I also think more credit should go to the coaching assistants. From the outside, they appear to have done a great job too.

If you want to see what a 21st century leader is, there's your model right there.
This exactly - thought a while ago a few corporations, governments, multi- lateral agencies could take note.

Fearless Fly

LwBu4a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our resurgence under Fly this year reminds me a lot of Port's resurgence under Hinkley in 2014, especially with the way both prelims ended.

However, Port drank their own bathwater over the following off season, and Fly doesn't seem like the type to get complacent, unlike Hinkley.

That, and the fact Fly is a career winner in footy, while Hinkley is a career loser, and no, Hinkley being an assistant at Geelong under Mark Thompson in 2007 and 2009 doesn't change that fact.

Very fine coach. We've done well, and as Vicky Park said the assitants too.

Some good decisions witb the board and Wright.

Deadly you made a great point about Port: Hinkley is a fine coach, we need to stay off the bathwater and keep the whole team strong.

Remember its not how a coach starts that defines them, how they finish is far more important.

Very fine coach. We've done well, and as Vicky Park said the assitants too.

Some good decisions witb the board and Wright.

Deadly you made a great point about Port: Hinkley is a fine coach, we need to stay off the bathwater and keep the whole team strong.

Remember its not how a coach starts that defines them, how they finish is far more important.
Agree - in addition I have the feeling that Jeff Browne and this Board have no interest at all in bathwater

The Board has a role in setting expectations of success.

Last edited:
domus you and I are of a similar vintage I feel, and I share your pain about the Pies getting more than their fair share of rotten luck. However, karma is what it is, and if we live long enough, I reckon it will balance out eventually.

Let's speak again when we're centurions centenarians :)
Bloody hell-it will need to come in a rush! Average lifespan is around 80. I'm 64. I've lost four mates in the past two years. No guarantees.

Our resurgence under Fly this year reminds me a lot of Port's resurgence under Hinkley in 2014, especially with the way both prelims ended.

However, Port drank their own bathwater over the following off season, and Fly doesn't seem like the type to get complacent, unlike Hinkley.

That, and the fact Fly is a career winner in footy, while Hinkley is a career loser, and no, Hinkley being an assistant at Geelong under Mark Thompson in 2007 and 2009 doesn't change that fact.

what a load of fact-less crap...

Agree - in addition I have the feeling that Jeff Browne and this Board have no interest at all in bathswater

The Board has a role in setting expectations of success.
I reckon there’s a fair chance Geoff knows what his bath water tastes like.

I reckon there’s a fair chance Geoff knows what his bath water tastes like.
Don't know personally but I'm guessing this Board will be less tied up with "Collingwood is the biggest club" stuff than the previous Board who got caught up with the rants of the often emotional former president.

I'd love to know what Craig is planning for 2023. He is clearly a very insightful, astute man who knows the competition quickly finds ways to combat a successful team's gameplan. Ours (like Richmond's) is harder to stop because as they say, it's one thing to know what a team does and another altogether to stop them from doing it. If a team is willing to take risks and pay the price, there's not much the opposition can do about it other than hope they have a bad day and turn the pill over more often than finding a way through.

I'm curious to find out how he plans to use Nick, Bobby Hill, McStay, Frampton and the two ruckmen.

I'd love to know what Craig is planning for 2023. He is clearly a very insightful, astute man who knows the competition quickly finds ways to combat a successful team's gameplan. Ours (like Richmond's) is harder to stop because as they say, it's one thing to know what a team does and another altogether to stop them from doing it. If a team is willing to take risks and pay the price, there's not much the opposition can do about it other than hope they have a bad day and turn the pill over more often than finding a way through.

I'm curious to find out how he plans to use Nick, Bobby Hill, McStay, Frampton and the two ruckmen.
Don't care how he uses anyone as long as we win the flag 💪