Good News Everyone - Carlton vs Richmond to be the season opener again in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the two Melbourne based clubs I hate the least. I hope it’s a good game since I already miss footy.

Probably the first time in 42 years it will actually mean something.

Edit Correction:
Carlton and Richmond also played round one in 1983 when both contenders, so make that 40 years since it really had them both to be contenders going into the new season.omg
Long time between drinks 🍸

It is boring, when it is the same two teams in the same season opener constantly.
So don't watch it then. Nobody is forcing you to tune in. Just wait another 24 hrs until the next game is played, and watch that instead.

There will have been no footy for 5 or 6 months at that point, so another day won't hurt you.

Yes it’s true, very popular things are often quite bland.

By the way nothing to do with my team which has finished the last two home and away seasons in first and second place consecutively.

I would be happy to see any two teams which made the eight rewarded for their season, Collingwood Pie v Geelong Cats would be a real treat instead of the most irrelevant team of the last two decades, again.

If Carlton want nice prime time television they should earn it.

We tried that, GF replay this years season opener. You guys couldn’t deliver so we aren’t doing it again. Thanks for being boring former premiers and cooking it. Shame, I liked the GF replay idea.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would neutrals honestly prefer Adelaide and GWS to kick the season off ? Lol

This game will come close to cracking 95 K, the AFL ain't going to turn its back on the golden goose with such massive crowds and TV ratings like the Blues v Tigers season opener.

Did you miss the bit you play the power twice a year as well? It’s a tradition now yeah? A 25 year old tradition.
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Remove this Banner Ad

Back