Traded North Melbourne trade #59 and F2 to Adelaide for #23

Remove this Banner Ad

We are not moving anyone on to the rookie list!

You & others have been going on about us drafting Phillipou...which isn't happening.

Pick 23 would unlikely be eaten up by MM & we have moved it into a future draft because we don't need it this year for our father & son pick nor our 2 rookie upgrades.

I think you need a lie down pal. I think you also have to read my comments on the other board, I've been saying we WON'T take Phillipou.

I think you need a lie down pal. I think you also have to read my comments on the other board, I've been saying we WON'T take Phillipou.
You have just posted yet another post only minutes ago on the Adelaide Board saying we may trade back into this year's draft.

It's not happening!!

We will be taking MM as a father & son, then upgrading 2 rookies.

Side severely lacking talent trading out of a stronger draft just doesnt make any sense to me.
North need talent in the door ASAP

I bet they trade their F2 24' next year for a pick in the early 20s for the 23' draft if they can too

Like they traded last years F2 for a player in the door last year

They can just keep cycling forward each year, GC usually come to the party with a deal like this for a club willing to trade (Freo did it with them for years and GC constantly stockpile F2s)

Side severely lacking talent trading out of a stronger draft just doesnt make any sense to me.
Stronger draft after pick 10-15 next year is a fallacy.

There may be better top 10 talent next year but once you get onto the 20's it becomes an average draft.

Smart move to get one years development into a player this year.

North can always trade back into the second round next year if they need too.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

What are you on about ? Two first rounders next year is plenty. Strong draft talk is always discussed. Have a look at the last strong draft and how it fell apart after the first round.

Did you get much floods in Corio Shaunn?

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this trade by North.

Next year may well be the better draft, but the extra year of development into a kid will be invaluable.

The first round is going to be super strong by comparison to this year, there are also about 10 northern academy players in the better pool of prospects so far, I am not sure how many of next year's pool clubs will have access to.

There hasn't been any indication that next year's pool will be a superdraft, so far at least it is meant to bat a lot deeper in the first round and there is more stand out talent.

I think clubs rebuilding will want to get the bulk of their rebuilding done before the AFL starts siphoning talent for the Tasmanian team, which will come years ahead of their arrival. They will probably implement bringing picks forward more aggressively as we get closer to that point.

North need talent in the door ASAP

I bet they trade their F2 24' next year for a pick in the early 20s for the 23' draft if they can too

Like they traded last years F2 for a player in the door last year

They can just keep cycling forward each year, GC usually come to the party with a deal like this for a club willing to trade (Freo did it with them for years and GC constantly stockpile F2s)

Im hoping the Eagles wake up and start doing the same.

And as other have mentioned teams rebuilding need to get stuck into the draft before any Tasmanian compromised drafts start.

Labelling drafts as "strong" and "weak" are such a buzz words which really doesn't mean s**t.

The top handful of picks of most drafts are quality. This might be the top 5 or top 10. But after that it's pretty even.

Wasn't this years draft meant to have good talls at the top end according to people saying it 12 months ago? Harry Lemmey was meant to be top 5 and now he's lucky if he goes top 30. A lot can happen in 12 months.

People will probably say the 2024 draft is better than the 2023 and the cycle continues when no one really knows what the * is happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2022 and 2023 draft hasn't happened yet so pretty hard to be definitive on who 'won' this trade. Looks fair to me. Always pay a bit more for a current year pick over a future pick.

We can still trade this pick on draft day if a club is desperate for a slider too.

Stronger draft after pick 10-15 next year is a fallacy.

There may be better top 10 talent next year but once you get onto the 20's it becomes an average draft.

Smart move to get one years development into a player this year.

North can always trade back into the second round next year if they need too.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

I think what a super draft really implies is the talent at the pointy is in high influence areas (specially midfield/forward) and that the talent is well established from a long way out.

Extra second round pick next year allows adelaide flexibility to trade alongside their other second (might look something like 20 from North, 26 from crows) up to another first rounder - maybe around 12 or 13.
Especially if it's gold coast needing points for their academy players.

Two firsts would enable Adelaide to take a top prospect, and look at trading the other away for an established midfielder.

Lol.

Someone else who ownes a crystal ball.

Just go and buy a nice comfy pillow and sit back. Port wont be entering the next two drafts until late.
Lol an Eagles fan gloating about first round.... You realise Port has taken as many as anyone in recent years?

How's your club going in that?

And about time you guys get over Rioli. You seem triggered.

Lol an Eagles fan gloating about first round.... You realise Port has taken as many as anyone in recent years?

How's your club going in that?

And about time you guys get over Rioli. You seem triggered.

Lol. I dont give a rats about Port and Rioli mate. We got a future 2nd and 3rd for him in a stronger draft, all good.

Just think Port fans trolling North is funny.

Triggered is Port fans v Eagles with a kick after the siren to lose..........AGAIN!

We are rebuilding after playing finals 10 years and winning a flag. So time to sit back and enjoy watching the kids develop. No real high expectations next season other than for the kids to improve.

Now Port, you guys have loaded up big time for next year. Anything less than a GF is a fail. You may even need to fold up those tarps for a year as those fair weather fans may turn up.

We are rebuilding after playing finals 10 years and winning a flag. So time to sit back and enjoy watching the kids develop. No real high expectations next season other than for the kids to improve.
What kids?

Best kids in WA play for Freo. Best players in WA play for Freo....

Enjoy being irrelevant.

Lol. I dont give a rats about Port and Rioli mate. We got a future 2nd and 3rd for him in a stronger draft, all good.

Just think Port fans trolling North is funny.

Triggered is Port fans v Eagles with a kick after the siren to lose..........AGAIN!

Now Port, you guys have loaded up big time for next year. Anything less than a GF is a fail. You may even need to fold up those tarps for a year as those fair weather fans may turn up.

loaded up for next year? brining in a 19 year old number 1 draft pick is going all in for next year? Carn mate.
Even with us 'loading up' id comfortably take our under 25s over WC under 25s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back