Opinion Has the MCG become a homogeneous ground ?

Have all the MCG redevelopments lessened its appeal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that is fine, but I certainly would not list the view at the G as a perk either way. A poor view is the trade off you get accomodating a 90K+ atmosphere.

Which stadiums have a poor view in your opinion? If you're rating the view at the G so highly, I'd love to know which stadiums fall short...
The upper decks at the G are terrible to watch sport from. They're too high and too far from the ground.

I think my point is lost on you you. If you want a big stadium made of concrete with no character that's good for you.
Why do people have grass lawns when they could simply concrete everything and save on mowing costs?
No itā€™s not lost on me. Itā€™s just a stupid point.

The MCG is an engineering marvel. There are very few stadiums around the world that have a capacity of 100 thousand. If you have ever stood on the ground, you will know how intimidating the giant stands are, which make the ground seem so much smaller.

But the MCG has no character because it doesnā€™t have a tree or a lawn?

I think my point is lost on you you. If you want a big stadium made of concrete with no character that's good for you.
Why do people have grass lawns when they could simply concrete everything and save on mowing costs?
You want a stadium with grassed areas instead of grandstands? Bet thats a huge hit when only 8,000 can fit in. Dont you guys think Marvel is too far to travel or something too

No itā€™s not lost on me. Itā€™s just a stupid point.

The MCG is an engineering marvel. There are very few stadiums around the world that have a capacity of 100 thousand. If you have ever stood on the ground, you will know how intimidating the giant stands are, which make the ground seem so much smaller.

But the MCG has no character because it doesnā€™t have a tree or a lawn?
Not one bit of history left.

You want a stadium with grassed areas instead of grandstands? Bet thats a huge hit when only 8,000 can fit in. Dont you guys think Marvel is too far to travel or something too
They could of left an old grandstand and had a small grassed area and kept an old scoreboard.
Every square inch of space in a concrete seat or digital advertising.

Yeah that is fine, but I certainly would not list the view at the G as a perk either way. A poor view is the trade off you get accomodating a 90K+ atmosphere.

Which stadiums have a poor view in your opinion? If you're rating the view at the G so highly, I'd love to know which stadiums fall short...
Nope- havenā€™t had a bad view - happy with all the stadiums I have been too. Standing room at the g can be dodgy Iā€™llā€™ admit.

Now, you talking. Bulldoze the shithole and let's build a 70,000 seat ground out in South-Eastern region where people from Mornington Peninsula and Gippsland would likely attend as it less trouble to get home.
Maybe a similar size ground in some outer Northern suburb too.
Why we have two grounds in inner city only in a metro region that spreads out so far, especially in the east and south is just nuts.
Public transport ease. A centralised stadium allows the majority of the population easy transport access. A non centralised stadium makes it difficult for about 50% of the population.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the MCG, I prefer Docklands (to avoid the elements) but wish it had a permanent clear roof, it doesn't need to feel like a dungeon in the middle of the day.

I think the "character" of suburban-like stadiums doesn't mean too much to me.
Wouldn't a clear roof bring a new problem?

Sweaty mcsweatface

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Public transport ease. A centralised stadium allows the majority of the population easy transport access. A non centralised stadium makes it difficult for about 50% of the population.
We already have the MCG. Bulldoze this Docklands profiteer inspired shithole. I hate the shithole.

Back