It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Where will Stkilda finish in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont have an issue with them getting Ross back if they deemed him as the right fit why not.

Bloke is unlucky not to be a two time premiership coach plus I assume majority of the football admin at the club would we totally diffrent to one he left
I’ve been hearing a lot of “this is like letting your ex back who cheated on you” childish nonsense, but what those who are saying this seem to fail to realise, is that this is a thing known as BUSINESS.

It’s NOT a romantic relationship.

It’s a ruthless business, and results are about all that count, at the end of the day.

Andrew Basset? Ruthless

Simon Lethlean? Ruthless

Geoff Walsh? Ruthless

Ross Lyon? Ruthless.

Brett Ratten? Big, cuddly, great, non-ruthless guy. Who’s team was inconsistent af, with an enormous gulf between their best and their worst.

Ross Lyon at the very least won’t stand for that sort of inconsistency.

The guys that only showed up every couple of weeks to play are in for a rude awakening.

Let’s see how it pans out.

Last edited:

Chief thid thread was meant to be merged with the 'Stkilda in no man's land' at the top but it's not done properly as latest post is not showing on this one. I dunno.
It wasn’t merged. Rolled over is a different thing.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ross Lyin
That didn’t take long

‘Ross Lyon and St Kilda boss busted in apparent Brett Ratten mix-up’​

Lyon then said later in the presser “Thursday or Friday, I don’t remember when it was”.

Regardless, unless you came down in the last shower, everyone knows that lying is the 2nd language of the AFL.

Anyone that thinks pretty much everyone involved in the AFL doesn’t lie would have to be gullible in the extreme.

I don’t personally like it, but it is what it is.

“Someone in the AFL system told a lie. In further news, water is wet”.

I’ve been hearing a lot of “this is like letting your ex back who cheated on you” childish nonsense
lol not really.

More like you (st kilda) are looking around for a new rental agreement for 2-3 more years and you go home and turn the telly on and see RTB on the other side of the country with his new glamour girl Freo who's much younger and (list) is in better shape while you have no idea whats going on.

Good to see you take back Ross after he's done sowing his seeds with Freo and the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon then said later in the presser “Thursday or Friday, I don’t remember when it was”.

Regardless, unless you came down in the last shower, everyone knows that lying is the 2nd language of the AFL.

Anyone that thinks pretty much everyone involved in the AFL doesn’t lie would have to be gullible in the extreme.

I don't see how it really matters when Bassat spoke to Ross Lyon about coaching us, it's just the media trying to beat up a scandal as per usual.

You would have to be pretty naive to think that Bassat wouldn't have at least gauged Ross Lyon's interest in coaching us before they sacked Ratten.

That would be pretty common with most coach sackings, clubs usually don't sack coaches on a whim with no idea who will replace them like Essendon did with Rutten and then they went after Clarkson only to find out he wasn't interested in coaching them, making themselves look stupid in the process.

We would have looked similarly stupid if we sacked Ratten and then we went after Ross Lyon only to find out he wasn't interested in coaching us.

Have you forgiven Ross Lyon? lol

Have you forgiven Ross Lyon? lol
It always sounded like it was largely our board’s fault, plus I wasn’t particularly sad to see him go, so I didn’t hold a big grudge towards him like plenty did.

I loved his presser yesterday though. Sounded really invested again and ready-to-go and that he knows which way we need to play, with the way the game has gone.

I’m a lot more excited about the idea of him being back after that.

Having Hayes and Harvey alongside him is also potentially great. Can see him handing it over to Lenny in a few years.

Ross Lyon left St Kilda and had no success with the Dockers.
Now he's back with the Saints to try again for that elusive flag.
I have no problem with Ross. He got sacked by the Dockers and had nowhere else to go.

Yep,
St.Kilda is proving to be the last stop on the road for a few both on and off field.
History ain’t no fluke …

Ross Lyon left St Kilda and had no success with the Dockers.
Now he's back with the Saints to try again for that elusive flag.
I have no problem with Ross. He got sacked by the Dockers and had nowhere else to go.
No success with the dockers?

Harsh....

Won 4 finals and got a minor premiership. Better than nothing I suppose

Back