Recommitted Hunter Clark [OOC 2023] - Linked with North, manager says he's staying

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBigHorne

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2022
Don't ask me about my username
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles, 76ers, Phillies
It's reasons as stated above why I don't like it when we go after contracted players. It's almost always going to take overs to bring him across and the next year he'll most likely stay or choose another destination. We were much better throwing our hat into the ring next year than this.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's reasons as stated above why I don't like it when we go after contracted players. It's almost always going to take overs to bring him across and the next year he'll most likely stay or choose another destination. We were much better throwing our hat into the ring next year than this.
Whilst I agree, the reason we threw our hat in the ring was due to him being shopped.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Glad we didn't ask for Taryn Thomas
With greatest respect in the world, Tarryn wouldn’t want to play for your club.

He isn’t quite broken enough yet, historically speaking he’d need to be a little older, lost a few yards and and have serious injury and/or disposal issues to whet your appetite.

I hope we walk him to the PSD, we’ll add an extra $100k per year for the shitz and giggles, see how motivated he is to do the right thing by you after you dogged him.

Could be quite the offseason in 2023, Curtain/Reid & Watson then McKercher, Pickett & Clark which has to be better than Luff, Walsh, Noble, Dilena and another year of Wood.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

He isn’t quite broken enough yet, historically speaking he’d need to be a little older, lost a few yards and and have serious injury and/or disposal issues to whet your appetite.

I hope we walk him to the PSD, we’ll add an extra $100k per year for the shitz and giggles, see how motivated he is to do the right thing by you after you dogged him.

Could be quite the offseason in 2023, Curtain/Reid & Watson then McKercher, Pickett & Clark which has to be better than Luff, Walsh, Noble, Dilena and another year of Wood.
I love that North fans are already adamant they will win another wooden spoon and guarantee them pick one in the PSD

Surely after finishing 17th, 18th and 18th you'd expect some kind of improvement?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love that North fans are already adamant they will win another wooden spoon and guarantee them pick one in the PSD

Surely after finishing 17th, 18th and 18th you'd expect some kind of improvement?

I’m not against one more abject year.

What’s another one?

We need Reid and Curtain, then we’ll reach critical mass of talent and won’t be s**t anymore.

We’re pretty bad mate, we lost 10 games in a row by 10 goals, I think you’re underestimating just how awful we truly are. We lost to a cooked Gold Coast by 11 goals in round 23.

Hopeless and without hope in 2023.

We’ll be better than you by Round 4 2024, that is my estimation.

botts

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda

Man, the delusions never end with you guys

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Man, the delusions never end with you guys
The failure never ends with you guys, so let’s just call it even.

Do you honestly think you’re closer to a premiership than us?

You’re demented if you think you’re even close to us. Keep finishing 7th to 9th. It’s awesome.

We are somewhere between 4 and 6 years ahead of you in terms of rebuild. That is fact. You have topped up to make finals, there is literally nothing more stupid in salary cap sports than this.

It might take 3 years just to unwind the mess you have made before your rebuild begins.

Delusion? There is nothing more delusional than a St.Kilda supporter. We had to hear about Nicky and Kosi and Dal for a decade and Lenny, how many flags? Zip. With priority picks, champions and a great coach.

Now you are trying to do the same with pick 9s, half a list of overpaid rejects and a shitload of pain to come before you even come close to acquiring the requisite midfield talent to compete with us.

We’ve been handicapped by poor coaches for years. That all stops next year.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

You’re demented if you think you’re even close to us. Keep finishing 7th to 9th. It’s awesome.

We are somewhere between 4 and 6 years ahead of you in terms of rebuild. That is fact. You have topped up to make finals, there is literally nothing more stupid in salary cap sports than this.

It might take 3 years just to unwind the mess you have made before your rebuild begins.

Delusion? There is nothing more delusional than a St.Kilda supporter. We had to hear about Nicky and Kosi and Dal for a decade and Lenny, how many flags? Zip. With priority picks, champions and a great coach.

Now you are trying to do the same with pick 9s, half a list of overpaid rejects and a shitload of pain to come before you even come close to acquiring the requisite midfield talent to compete with us.

We’ve been handicapped by poor coaches for years. That all stops next year.
You say you've been handicapped for years due to coaching but still predicting a third consecutive spoon despite the arrival of a premiership coach?

The fact is, that after 3 years of finishing bottom two North still have very little to show for it.

Finishing on the bottom does not guarantee you anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You say you've been handicapped for years due to coaching but still predicting a third consecutive spoon despite the arrival of a premiership coach?

The fact is, that after 3 years of finishing bottom two North still have very little to show for it.

Finishing on the bottom does not guarantee you anything.
I like ya bird man, but you do concede we could improve yet not improve enough to win more games than the 2nd worst team?

I would take being competitive in 22 games for at least 3 quarters next season and a significant improvement in our %. We were not competitive for large parts of last season.

If we are not pushing respectability by 2024 then I’ll concede we are not progressing.

I probably have different metrics to measure ‘success’, how many players did we ‘find’ last year? Curtis and Perez. So 2. Add that to McKay, Simpkin, Larkey, Zurhaar, LDU & a fit Thomas who are semi-established young stars of the Comp and bit by bit we’re heading in the right direction.

Phillips, Powell, Comben & Goater are this years crop, they all need to kick on. Who really knows how they will go, we are excited to see what Clarkson can get out of them as I’m sure you will be excited to see what Rossy can do with your list.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I like ya bird man, but you do concede we could improve yet not improve enough to win more games than the 2nd worst team?

I would take being competitive in 22 games for at least 3 quarters next season and a significant improvement in our %. We were not competitive for large parts of last season.

If we are not pushing respectability by 2024 then I’ll concede we are not progressing.

I probably have different metrics to measure ‘success’, how many players did we ‘find’ last year? Curtis and Perez. So 2. Add that to McKay, Simpkin, Larkey, Zurhaar, LDU & a fit Thomas who are semi-established young stars of the Comp and bit by bit we’re heading in the right direction.

Phillips, Powell, Comben & Goater are this years crop, they all need to kick on. Who really knows how they will go, we are excited to see what Clarkson can get out of them as I’m sure you will be excited to see what Rossy can do with your list.
I would expect North to go past a few next year. It would be a failure to finish 18th again IMO.

Hawthorn's trade period made this a bit easier for you. No excuses this year IMO.

By the way I was very happy with our draft crop last year. I think we got more games out of first year draftees than any other club? ( could be wrong but I read it on bigfooty so it must be true)

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS

“Cripple fight”

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would expect North to go past a few next year. It would be a failure to finish 18th again IMO.

Hawthorn's trade period made this a bit easier for you. No excuses this year IMO.

By the way I was very happy with our draft crop last year. I think we got more games out of first year draftees than any other club? ( could be wrong but I read it on bigfooty so it must be true)
I agree with this, but if I say we’ll finish tenth, your childish supporters who still live in their mothers basement will label me delusional.

You can’t win.

Clarkson has already started weeding out the blokes who can’t kick, won’t be too long before we are a totally different team to play against, just think it might take 12 months

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I agree with this, but if I say we’ll finish tenth, your childish supporters who still live in their mothers basement will label me delusional.

You can’t win.

Clarkson has already started weeding out the blokes who can’t kick, won’t be too long before we are a totally different team to play against, just think it might take 12 months
10th is probably a bit extreme but the aim should be to push out of the bottom 3

I can't remember the last side to win 3 spoons in a row. Probably St Kilda .

botts

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda

We’ve been handicapped by poor coaches for years. That all stops next year
Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back