Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

PP now the draft order - “lemme just trade out this random player who COULD score a bit more or just drop them instead JIC”. Always under the guise of ‘they only have one more year on contract anyway’.

There will never be a fool proof way to limit tanking if that is an actual legitimate concern.

Darnold for Brady was a good trade.

Youre jumping to conclusions.
Yeah I think it’s fine, I just think anyone could possibly interpret it as tanking the same way anyone ‘may’ have interpreted anyone tanking last week.

Ie no bye alternative week 9, no injury back up, etc etc. Not how I interpret it but it’s pretty easy to.

Yeah I think it’s fine, I just think anyone could possibly interpret it as tanking the same way anyone ‘may’ have interpreted anyone tanking last week.

Ie no bye alternative week 9, no injury back up, etc etc. Not how I interpret it but it’s pretty easy to.

I made that move to clear cap space to make another move, all will be revealed in the next hour or so

And I did offer Brady to TBG for * all last night also and he knocked him back. Not looking after my mate Blacky, just trying to find someone who could take Brady on.

You brought up some people might interpret it as tanking, not me. Was just explaining it for those who might question it. Calm down grumpy bum. :tearsofjoy:

You brought up some people might interpret it as tanking, not me. Was just explaining it for those who might question it. Calm down grumpy bum. :tearsofjoy:
Not grumpy just find it humorous that the two people who have spent the last few days interpreting the potential of tanking in the league do a transaction that is very open to the same potential.

It’s an argument against the potential of tanking requiring the change as PPs are just as susceptible to different forms of collusion.

I thought one of the drivers for this league was to try to replicate the actual NFL as closely as possible, hence the reason for IDPs, contracts and salary caps. If that still holds true, then changing how the draft order is determined to potential points, power ranking or what have you takes us further away from achieving that motivation, since the NFL determines draft order by win-loss record first, and then the assorted tiebreakers (and you then only get to points scored and points allowed in all games as the fourth tie-breaker between teams with the same win-loss record).

I've just spent five minutes reading over the past few pages and shaking my head. I'm with Dagless and 00Stinger .

I've been in this league damn near 10 years (I think 2013 was the first season). Perhaps I'm being naive, but never once did I think anyone was deliberately tanking, and I do think that there are other ways to deal with someone who is tanking than overhauling what is a pretty fundamental component of the league play in response to an allegation of tanking by one individual player.
I haven't been in as long but i totally agree with this. Never have i thought anyone was tanking and to change the draft order now is unnecessary. Just caught up on reading through the last few pages and wonder how we were so quick to change the draft order. Half the time myself i don't know whether to play Etienne, St Brown or Meyers from week to week and then St Brown gets knocked out of the game and i have Ettienne on the bench with a decent score. Leave the draft order as it is and have faith in your fellow league members that we are all trying the best we can.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
People with opposing opinions is fine. Just vote. No need to get angry with each other.

Im fine to stay w-l, or use pr, dont like pp, and IF it changed, 2024 seems reasonable

I understand both arguments btw, tho i think pr for non playoff teams does seem a little more intuitive/fair.

But happy either way

No Way Meme GIF

I’ll vote end of year 😌

No need for people to rage or quit, we bring up ideas, we vote, if it doesnt go your way dont quit ffs. Just like how ppl opposed scoring change (for now) so i take it on the chin, we still friends, and we move on
I don't think any has gone so far as to threaten quitting, have they?

This is of course all prefaced by the argument that someone has tanked.

Petulance at its finest.

Well done facilitating said tanking possibility btw.
Not for me. I am not concerned with what has already happened.

If I was joining a new league I wouldn’t join if drafting wasn’t sorted this way so my precious amount of time and money I would prefer to direct at a league i don’t believe rewards poor lineup choices

I don't think any has gone so far as to threaten quitting, have they?
I have. It isn’t a rage quit though - don’t mind either way. Can just join a new league and I’m sure my team will be able to be replaced.

I just prefer sleeper and potential points. If this was a free league sure, but I fundamentally disagree with how the draft order is determined, so why would I pour time, effort and money in?

I have. It isn’t a rage quit though - don’t mind either way. Can just join a new league and I’m sure my team will be able to be replaced.

I just prefer sleeper and potential points. If this was a free league sure, but I fundamentally disagree with how the draft order is determined, so why would I pour time, effort and money in?
why is this an issue now? but hasn't been before?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Blacky loves Sleeper. Every year he asks me to switch Empire to Sleeper, but I can't, it can't replicate its structure.

Maybe that's the real driving force? He wants out so he can focus on Sleeper leagues only.

Look, i hate MFL too, reckon Fleaflicker is the best, but until another site can handle Empire structure can only keep going.

Blacky loves Sleeper. Every year he asks me to switch Empire to Sleeper, but I can't, it can't replicate its structure.

Maybe that's the real driving force? He wants out so he can focus on Sleeper leagues only.

Look, i hate MFL too, reckon Fleaflicker is the best, but until another site can handle Empire structure can only keep going.
what is the difference between the rules in the leagues?

I actually like how this league is structured. H2H, divisions, salary cap, draft, keeper ext

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
what is the difference between the rules in the leagues?

I actually like how this league is structured. H2H, divisions, salary cap, draft, keeper ext
Sleeper is a website that offers fantasy. Fleaflicker is too so is ESPN Yahoo. CBS NFL. MyFantasyLeague.

MFL is a paid service because they offer things other ones dont have. But MFL has been raking the dollars in for a decade and never updating their site. I love Fleaflicker, because they constantly update it with new stuff, and its a free site. But they and other sites still dont have things that would allow me to ditch MFL. Ive never played on Sleeper but it has a great reputation. Sleeper would be good for a simpler league.

I just am a little upset if Blacky and any others quit Empire, over something like draft order. Its such a minor thing. Like, we have an idea, we put up a vote, if it goes a certain way, its very annoying if the losing voters quit over it.

Fair enough if they wanna cut down on amount of leagues their in and even if they have a preference for a site like Sleeper. I have a preference for Fleaflicker for instance, so i understand.

But like this whole thing is a storm in a teacup. No one tanks in this league, and theres been nothing very unfair about W-L draft order, nothing to merit a hige tumult for change because of some loophole or drastic flaw.

At the same time tho, if it did move to PR for draft order for non-playoff teams, same thing....it doesnt warrant the other voters all having a tumult and wanting to quit.

Either system works well, no disadvantage, but isn't an issue that merits such anger and tumult and possible quitting.

Sleeper is a website that offers fantasy. Fleaflicker is too so is ESPN Yahoo. CBS NFL. MyFantasyLeague.

MFL is a paid service because they offer things other ones dont have. But MFL has been raking the dollars in for a decade and never updating their site. I love Fleaflicker, because they constantly update it with new stuff, and its a free site. But they and other sites still dont have things that would allow me to ditch MFL. Ive never played on Sleeper but it has a great reputation. Sleeper would be good for a simpler league.

I just am a little upset if Blacky and any others quit Empire, over something like draft order. Its such a minor thing. Like, we have an idea, we put up a vote, if it goes a certain way, its very annoying if the losing voters quit over it.

Fair enough if they wanna cut down on amount of leagues their in and even if they have a preference for a site like Sleeper. I have a preference for Fleaflicker for instance, so i understand.

But like this whole thing is a storm in a teacup. No one tanks in this league, and theres been nothing very unfair about W-L draft order, nothing to merit a hige tumult for change because of some loophole or drastic flaw.

At the same time tho, if it did move to PR for draft order for non-playoff teams, same thing....it doesnt warrant the other voters all having a tumult and wanting to quit.

Either system works well, no disadvantage, but isn't an issue that merits such anger and tumult and possible quitting.
For the record I don't have an issue with the draft being changed. I just don't like the idea of it being changed mid-season.

And I don't have any picks in the first 3 rounds so it doesn't effect me.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
My vote is to leave it as is.

Although we could always do a lottery system? Hasn't been suggested yet but could do as we've done in Jailhouse and split it into bottom 3rd, middle 3rd and playoff teams in order of elimination. It's hard to take advantage of a system that is purely luck based.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
For the record I don't have an issue with the draft being changed. I just don't like the idea of it being changed mid-season.

And I don't have any picks in the first 3 rounds so it doesn't effect me.
It would never be done mid-season. We're just discussing/voting on it now so it could happen for either 2023 or 2024.

Back