Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly there are only three rucks I'd take in the National draft; Harry Barnett, Max Knobel and Hudson O'Keeffe. The latter two should be there and have some solid ruck craft already, just need to work on their craft in other areas of the ground and bulk up. Will Verrell also has a lot to like athletically, but similar to the other two has some work to do elsewhere, and a lot of work to do on his endurance.

Phoenix Foster and Olivier Northam have played ruck, but if they're going to make it at the next level are more KPP's in my eyes
I like foster as a fwd who can pinch hit in the ruck. Plain rucks are dead, you need to be dual positional IMO. Harry Barnett is my favourite, def/fwd/ruck.

I like foster as a fwd who can pinch hit in the ruck. Plain rucks are dead, you need to be dual positional IMO. Harry Barnett is my favourite, def/fwd/ruck.
That's PMBangers favourite too. Apparently he's the best ruck in the draft crop. Just ask Harry, or PMBangers who repeated it to him in three different ways during his interview.

Honestly there are only three rucks I'd take in the National draft; Harry Barnett, Max Knobel and Hudson O'Keeffe. The latter two should be there and have some solid ruck craft already, just need to work on their craft in other areas of the ground and bulk up. Will Verrell also has a lot to like athletically, but similar to the other two has some work to do elsewhere, and a lot of work to do on his endurance.

Phoenix Foster and Olivier Northam have played ruck, but if they're going to make it at the next level are more KPP's in my eyes
Nick Madden and Will Elliott more rookie or undrafted PMBangers?

Also what happened to Jackson Broadbent? Was an 20-30 pick player at the start of the year, now undrafted?

Nick Madden and Will Elliott more rookie or undrafted PMBangers?

Also what happened to Jackson Broadbent? Was an 20-30 pick player at the start of the year, now undrafted?
If you want a more limited Braydon Preuss, pick up Nick Madden. Will Elliott has such limited exposed form it's hard to say, he's tall and athletic so might attract some interest, but I'd rather see him back in the NAB League next season and take my chances in the MSD.

He probably wasn't that good to begin with, he was already a strong body so there was limited development there, and we saw this year he's probably not athletic enough to draw early draft attention

If you want a more limited Braydon Preuss, pick up Nick Madden. Will Elliott has such limited exposed form it's hard to say, he's tall and athletic so might attract some interest, but I'd rather see him back in the NAB League next season and take my chances in the MSD.

He probably wasn't that good to begin with, he was already a strong body so there was limited development there, and we saw this year he's probably not athletic enough to draw early draft attention
Hi mate what range pick do you see Cowan from Tasmania going?

PMBangers do you think there’s a good chance Tyrell Dewar & Jordyn Baker will make it through to the Cat B list for WCE?
Dewar may attract a bid late in the national draft given his upside, but I reckon he'll slip through and the Eagles will likely take him as a CAT B given where your list is at and the loss of Rioli. Not sure if Baker got a WA State combine invite, if he didn't then I believe that makes him ineligible to join West Coast through that path, but I don't think he's really shown enough to warrant that spot regardless

Dewar may attract a bid late in the national draft given his upside, but I reckon he'll slip through and the Eagles will likely take him as a CAT B given where your list is at and the loss of Rioli. Not sure if Baker got a WA State combine invite, if he didn't then I believe that makes him ineligible to join West Coast through that path, but I don't think he's really shown enough to warrant that spot regardless

Can Baker be put on the Cat B list if he didn’t then get picked up in the rookie draft? I’ve never heard of that rule ^^

Can Baker be put on the Cat B list if he didn’t then get picked up in the rookie draft? I’ve never heard of that rule ^^
I'm almost certain that CAT B listings happen prior to the rookie draft, if he makes it through both (likely) then West Coast could invite him as a train on player, but that seems unlikely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started loosely following in 2018 given that would've been my draft year had I been talented to any degree, and played against the likes of King x2, Smith, Stocker and Rowbottom in juniors. Continued loosely following in 2019 and 2020 (mostly watched champs games around then) given I enjoyed the theory crafting of it with GWS always having high picks. Then last year joined up with RMC and committed to watching games fully every week and think I've been decent at it with that full focus.

Don't really know what keeps me into it tbh, just enjoy watching footy at this level given it's largely unaffected by being overly structured and players are more encouraged to play their natural game, and I rate my footy IQ pretty highly because I'm a narcissist, so that 'challenge' of predicting who'll impact best at the next level is enjoyable. Absolutely kills the wallet travelling to Shepparton/ Bendigo once a month though
It’s ok to be confident if you are good at what you do. You clearly have very good knowledge in this space 👍

AFL Draft Guide cover.png

A bit of an update for those asking. We are now at its last look through, the content itself is in, we're just reviewing it all and expecting it to be published next week. We'll aim for post Public Holiday, but shouldn't be long after that.

Here's what it has:

• Almost 150 pages
  • All the National Combine invitees (full page)
  • All the State Combine invitees (half-page)
  • Marquee Matchups
  • Comparing Daicos and Ashcroft
  • Top 50 Power Rankings (ahead of our final release the following Monday)
  • Champs content recaps (MVPs, AA, results etc)
  • Top Combine results
  • 23 in 2023
Keep your eyes peeled on our socials, if you want it early you can subscribe via the site, otherwise it will be all over our socials @rookiemecentral when it's out. Of course I'll give a heads up here when it's done :)

Where do I find the early saved one?

View attachment 1544791

A bit of an update for those asking. We are now at its last look through, the content itself is in, we're just reviewing it all and expecting it to be published next week. We'll aim for post Public Holiday, but shouldn't be long after that.

Here's what it has:

• Almost 150 pages
  • Marquee Matchups
  • Top Combine results
  • 23 in 2023
Keep your eyes peeled on our socials, if you want it early you can subscribe via the site, otherwise it will be all over our socials @rookiemecentral when it's out. Of course I'll give a heads up here when it's done :)

View attachment 1544791

Here's what it has:

• Almost 150 pages
  • Marquee Matchups
  • Top Combine results
  • 23 in 2023
All those profiles and still only mine are worth reading smh

View attachment 1544791

Here's what it has:

• Almost 150 pages
  • Marquee Matchups
  • Top Combine results
  • 23 in 2023
Championships? Pfft
Combine?
Top 10?

No no.

This guide is the main event 😍

To be fair PM that isn't really an answer because when fit Pruess is a quality AFL ruckman. So does Madden get drafted or not? hahaha

To be fair PM that isn't really an answer because when fit Pruess is a quality AFL ruckman. So does Madden get drafted or not? hahaha
Not all my work is simply "they'll get drafted", that part of all this I'm rather mediocre at, identifying strengths and weaknesses of prospects is a better way to go about it imo

But to answer the question, I don't think so personally, his best chance imo is as a Cat B with GWS. With athleticism and an ability to move around the ground effectively, as well as impact in other positions, increasingly important for rucks, Madden doesn't really hit any of those well enough, but if all clubs want is a guy to can outbody opponents in ruck contests and take contested marks behind play, he's a good option

Not all my work is simply "they'll get drafted", that part of all this I'm rather mediocre at, identifying strengths and weaknesses of prospects is a better way to go about it imo

But to answer the question, I don't think so personally, his best chance imo is as a Cat B with GWS. With athleticism and an ability to move around the ground effectively, as well as impact in other positions, increasingly important for rucks, Madden doesn't really hit any of those well enough, but if all clubs want is a guy to can outbody opponents in ruck contests and take contested marks behind play, he's a good option
Do you think Sean Darcy really exhibited those "essentials" you refer to in his draft year. I don't think he is Sean Darcy at all but I do disagree a lot with your assessment that the mainly ruck and not that much else is going the way of the dodo. the bombers, swans, Richmond, Freo, Gold Coast, ect ect would suggest that your assessment doesn't quite fit. They all and other clubs have ruckman that do essentially nothing forward or back of centre playing in those positions. Everyone wants a ruckman who goes forward or back and is very difficult to match up on but almost none of them actually have them IMHO and Richmond won 3 flags with a ruck who literally did nothing else playing forward or back. Taking marks behind the ball whilst rucking is something completely different than I assume what you have been suggesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back