Have Geelong become too powerful?

Remove this Banner Ad

cats all funded by government and more so the afl.

they are an afl backed club in every way
Your ignorance stuns me.

Geelong are the AFL.

We run the whole thing.

We pull the leavers, we dangle the strings.

We play the tune and the rest of the competition dance like rats following the Pied Piper.

We are not too powerful.

We are all powerful - hahaha!

Probably why the afl helped another club sign our best ever player hey
And why the AFL tried to poach our CEO and plant him at GC

When Pies win a premiership will we be debating whether Collingwood FC has become too powerful?

i think they get far too many hand outs from the government compared to other Vic clubs. I don't know the stats, but that's my understanding.
Your main sponsor is literally a giant government hand out.

you play at home grounds that you have spent zero dollars on yourself. Geelong puts heaps of money into their home ground. Hawthorn - 0.

hawthorn are basically the welfare cheats of the afl.

haha, I hit a nerve.

There are a couple of things Geelong fans have no right to talk about.... including rationalisation of suburban stadiums and secondly the sad situation of teams having to sell games interstate.

The uber-rich arrogance of Geelong to look down upon others from their tower and have the gall to cry unfair.
Geelongs an uber rich tower now?

gee i thought we were a poverty stricken crap hole.

which one is it?

I just wish Geelong would suck for a year. I don't mean like be in contention for the year and then get thrashed in the finals kind of suck. And I don't mean miss out on finals on percentage kind of suck. I mean the kind of suck where halfway through the season it's clear that they are going to win the wooden spoon. I mean the kind of suck where all the AFL news is overtaken with speculation about the future of their coach and player discontent. I mean the kind of suck where it's not a matter of who will lose but how much Geelong will lose by.

I feel if that happened. Just for a year they wouldn't be so disliked.
Hasn't worked for Carlton

I just wish Geelong would suck for a year. I don't mean like be in contention for the year and then get thrashed in the finals kind of suck. And I don't mean miss out on finals on percentage kind of suck. I mean the kind of suck where halfway through the season it's clear that they are going to win the wooden spoon. I mean the kind of suck where all the AFL news is overtaken with speculation about the future of their coach and player discontent. I mean the kind of suck where it's not a matter of who will lose but how much Geelong will lose by.

All those years Richmond were irrelevant, lots of opposition fans had a soft spot for them. Do you think Richmond supporters preferred then or now?

Blaming injuries, the draw and umpiring for their continued mediocrity?

Yes.
I don't really support Carlton or any other team. I just chose them because they ask you to pick a team when signing up. So all the attacks on a team I don't care about is just ignoring the real issue of what Geelong need to do to be likeable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez dude and yet I’m on record saying many times that all I want is to see the complete opposite for your club and your fans.

Understand where you’re coming from but we’ve won two flags bookended in the past 12 years - we’re not the big bad wolf.

I rather be respected than liked
Respect means nothing without being liked. How high can a bird fly out of the the chessboard? Where can the ocean rest? To me if you're respected and not liked people will celebrate harder when the downfall eventually comes.

I don't really support Carlton or any other team. I just chose them because they ask you to pick a team when signing up. So all the attacks on a team I don't care about is just ignoring the real issue of what Geelong need to do to be likeable.
I answered your question about whether or not Carlton have a good culture now.

And I like AND respect Geelong.

They've been unlucky to only win 4 flags since 2007, and they've shown everyone that it is possible to remain in contention without bottoming out and possibly spending decades out of contention like many other clubs have done in recent times.

Respect means nothing without being liked. How high can a bird fly out of the the chessboard? Where can the ocean rest? To me if you're respected and not liked people will celebrate harder when the downfall eventually comes.
I think it rare that people will respect a club but not 'like' them (even if it is just a little bit).

They've been unlucky to only win 4 flags since 2007, and they've shown everyone that it is possible to remain in contention without bottoming out and possibly spending decades out of contention like many other clubs have done in recent times.
And my point is that if they did bottom out maybe they wouldn't be so disliked.

Plus by them not bottoming out it kind of spits in the face of the afl who want a more equal competition.

Blaming injuries, the draw and umpiring for their continued mediocrity?

Yes.

I find this funny, from a club that had racism issues and forcing players out due to salary cap issues, talking about culture

Cat supporters will cotton on soon to your sycophant posting, trying to convince people that you are a successful club like them, while only winning 2 flags in 60 years

Sad really

And my point is that if they did bottom out maybe they wouldn't be so disliked.

Plus by them not bottoming out it kind of spits in the face of the afl who want a more equal competition.
Yeah, I think the Geelong board and supporters would prefer to continue to contend for premierships if that means being disliked by some nuffy opposition supporters, as opposed to the alternative...

You only hate the club because it’s been successful it will not last forever

Hence the respected part

at the end of the day who gives a * about the brain dead morons that “hate” us

Yeah, I think the Geelong board and supporters would prefer to continue to contend for premierships if that means being disliked by some nuffy opposition supporters, as opposed to the alternative...
I'm just thinking of the bigger picture. The stars instead of the blade on the grass. The steak instead of the sizzle.

The 'bigger picture' for AFL clubs is success, both on and off the field.

I reckon Geelong are doing ok on that front.
Sadly any semblance of respect and this is not isolated to football but in life in general attracts the jealous hatred of mindless zombies

All club exists for the success on and off the field , being liked wouldn’t be one of their targets tbh…unless it’s the approval of their supporters

At the end of the day it’s just a game I can understand the tribalism but “hating” a club is just silly imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back