Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

To me this means the kid has even more upside.

His trade value was impacted because of his exposed form at the top level, which was decent but not outstanding for such a prized pick.
Now we know there was an injury that held him back. This now looks like an absolute steal for Port.

With this now being addressed, we should now see what JHF is capable of.

If they can get him 100% committed to his career he will be that franchise player that every club coverts.

Exciting times for Port next year to see how he progresses.

Big bet on if he recovers, just like the BS SPORTS BET ADS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big bet on if he recovers, just like the BS SPORTS BET ADS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I get it.
As a North supporter your skin in the game is significant.

Reckon he ends up being that generational player North believed he would be when they knocked back those crazy offers for pick 1 in 2021.

Yeah I get it.
As a North supporter your skin in the game is significant.

Reckon he ends up being that generational player North believed he would be when they knocked back those crazy offers for pick 1 in 2021.

Time will tell.

But gee double knee surgery at 19yo, has that happened before in the sport? I honestly can't remember.

Time will tell.

But gee double knee surgery at 19yo, has that happened before in the sport? I honestly can't remember.
You make it sound like he had double ACLs. You can relax, he can still turn into a gun :)

Actually, no knees surgery. Just release pressure on arteries behind knees. Minor procedure, no long-term effects. Most probably this

Last edited:
Read the article above. Clearly states that we knew about it well before signing him.

Wish people would do 5mins of research before stating stuff as facts
Lol what else could they say to say face? If they didn’t know they are fully incompetent. “We knew” is your only out.

I didn’t need research to understand spin.

Lol what else could they say to say face? If they didn’t know they are fully incompetent. “We knew” is your only out.

I didn’t need research to understand spin.
Or maybe there's no big conspiracy, the people involved are telling the truth, and your club is just incompetent?

I can only see two ways this has gone down.
Either port didn't do a medical at all.
Or jhf lied and said nothing was wrong.
I know which one would be my guess.
Get well soon and all that.
Or your club is just incompetent and has lower standards than the SANFL club Horne Francis was drafted from.

I know which is more likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make it sound like he had double ACLs. You can relax, he can still turn into a gun :)

Actually, no knees surgery. Just release pressure on arteries behind knees. Minor procedure, no long-term effects. Most probably this
“The vast majority of our patients recover fully from their surgery and have normal blood flow to the leg immediately. We will further assess the blood supply at four to six weeks after surgery with ultrasound imaging”

I’ve come across this a bit and it would depend on whether it is structural or functional. Immediate outcomes tend to be pretty good either way but less reliably so for the latter. Also not sure of long term outcomes, would be interested to hear from anyone who has information on that.

“The vast majority of our patients recover fully from their surgery and have normal blood flow to the leg immediately. We will further assess the blood supply at four to six weeks after surgery with ultrasound imaging”

I’ve come across this a bit and it would depend on whether it is structural or functional. Immediate outcomes tend to be pretty good either way but less reliably so for the latter. Also not sure of long term outcomes, would be interested to hear from anyone who has information on that.
Youth will be on his side you would think. It usually is in these sort of scenarios.
A fat mid 40s plonker like me might struggle a bit more and skew any data.
He should be fine.
77% success rate was reported on the north board. That's for each leg. I dunno how accurate that is.

Youth will be on his side you would think. It usually is in these sort of scenarios.
A fat mid 40s plonker like me might struggle a bit more and skew any data.
He should be fine.
77% success rate was reported on the north board. That's for each leg. I dunno how accurate that is.
Really? I had you pegged as a hot 23yo. Must’ve been the avatar.

If the port head of medical said the world is flat then that’s the truth?
This is a bizarre post.

What are you saying?

Are you saying that the head of medical services is not a reliable source of when port found out about it?

If someone compares you to a group of conspiracy loonies, maybe don’t retort with a wild conspiracy.

This is a bizarre post.

What are you saying?

Are you saying that the head of medical services is not a reliable source of when port found out about it?

If someone compares you to a group of conspiracy loonies, maybe don’t retort with a wild conspiracy.
It's sad isn't it? Everything they don't agree with is a conspiracy

I can only see two ways this has gone down.
Either port didn't do a medical at all.
Or jhf lied and said nothing was wrong.
I know which one would be my guess.
Get well soon and all that.
The bloke was obviously struggling with something through the year.

The club now claiming they didn’t know this is strange. Either their fitness team were blissfully ignorant or they decided to let it ride thinking it wasn’t a big issue. Either way, it reeks of gross incompetence from the conditioning team at an afl club.

This is a bizarre post.

What are you saying?

In all honesty I cannot remember the last time a supporter base was so bitter and salty of a player's defection to another club like North fans about Horne-Francis since Carlton and Aaron Hammil when he joined St Kilda for the all mighty dollar.

Maybe it's understandable to a degree as he was a number 1 draft pick and seeing as their future/messiah, but some of the comments I have read about him, especially with regards to his family and wishing him harm and injury is just appalling and unacceptable.

Most NMFC supporters I believe are decent and righteous people and footy fans, it's just there is a few bad apples out there that are not helping the image of their club.

In all honesty I cannot remember the last time a supporter base was so bitter and salty of a player's defection to another club like North fans about Horne-Francis since Carlton and Aaron Hammil when he joined St Kilda for the all mighty dollar.

Maybe it's understandable to a degree as he was a number 1 draft pick and seeing as their future/messiah, but some of the comments I have read about him, especially with regards to his family and wishing him harm and injury is just appalling and unacceptable.

Most NMFC supporters I believe are decent and righteous people and footy fans, it's just there is a few bad apples out there that are not helping the image of their club.

Nah I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page.

Anyway, good luck Pooorts 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back