AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how it works from my limited understanding. i.e. you can upgrade mid year or defer to the next year. I assume you can't defer again.
I would be interested to hear from people who were offered upgrades this year. When did they get the offer and how long did they have to decide? That would help explain if there were multiple rounds of upgrade offers. Or maybe the AFL will give you an honest explanation. Please keep us updated.
My renewal has not arrived yet. I was looking forward to moving from the 6000s to the 4000s, but it doesn't sound like that will be the case now.

This theory does make sense, easy way to find out is hopefully somebody in here deferred. If they got a waitlist number at the end of year then it makes sense

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is how it works from my limited understanding. i.e. you can upgrade mid year or defer to the next year. I assume you can't defer again.
I would be interested to hear from people who were offered upgrades this year. When did they get the offer and how long did they have to decide? That would help explain if there were multiple rounds of upgrade offers. Or maybe the AFL will give you an honest explanation. Please keep us updated.
My renewal has not arrived yet. I was looking forward to moving from the 6000s to the 4000s, but it doesn't sound like that will be the case now.
My kids were offered upgrades despite being at positions in the 1,980’s at this time last year. I received no email mid year when others did, so I called to find out what was happening only to find they were eligible for upgrades - which I duly took up the offer. That was late June this year.

Logic states that everybody should have moved up at least 1,980 places in the queue this year. That they haven’t only leads me to assume that some, or a fair number of Gold members elected to retain their AFL Membership but downgrade to Silver or to go Absentee. These people are put at the head of the queue when they publish queue numbers and are likely always the first lot offered re-entry to Gold before the remaining Silver members are offered upgrades. Think of it like a pass out at a club.

You can probably add first time offers to Silver Members who chose to defer their upgrade. They also sit at the head of the queue.

Given the shenanigans and stories of lapsed members being offered upgrades this year, I think there’s some weight to that theory.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I was a 22 year gold member up until 2021. Didn't renew last year. Decided i wanted to go back to it this year and was expecting to start back at silver, ( or lower).
When I rang them to inquire, they gave me the option to go back on gold for a fee of $170. Apparently they call this a lapse fee.

So, I was a 22 year gold member up until 2021. Didn't renew last year. Decided i wanted to go back to it this year and was expecting to start back at silver, ( or lower).
When I rang them to inquire, they gave me the option to go back on gold for a fee of $170. Apparently they call this a lapse fee.
Yeah generally they do let you do this if you've been a lapsed member for 2 years or less.

7d1d31b11355db913f75630ead69fe6f.jpg

Has anyone else got anything like that on their 2023 renewal invoice on the online portal? I’ve never seen it before. Was 2300 in line last year.

7d1d31b11355db913f75630ead69fe6f.jpg

Has anyone else got anything like that on their 2023 renewal invoice on the online portal? I’ve never seen it before. Was 2300 in line last year.
Same for me. They used show a number. So I am waiting for the post to give me the waitlist number.

Seems fair enough in terms of at least have the option to go back to gold. But I think members that only been full for five or six years should not have that option. If you already been a full member for well over 10 years it would seem cruel if you only missed one season to be thrown back in some waiting cue again.

Seems fair enough in terms of at least have the option to go back to gold. But I think members that only been full for five or six years should not have that option. If you already been a full member for well over 10 years it would seem cruel if you only missed one season to be thrown back in some waiting cue again.
Not really,they have abseentism for a reason

9th Year for me (not sure what waitlist # I started off on). Seems to be about where other 9 year members are

2018 - 14,369
2019 - 13,614
2020 - 12,542
2021 - 11,536
2022 - 10,355
2023 - 8,799

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back