2022/2023 THE BILL LAIMBEER CUP - DRAFT BOARD

Just waiting on quin_stick and Sooper to make their final picks and we will be done.
Really appreciate the efforts of everyone to get a 9 round draft done in 2 weeks.
I will enter the draft results into ESPN tomorrow morning so you can set your teams and make any changes before the first game later this week.
Good luck all

To enter the draft results i had to enter a pick each for Sooper and quin_stick . Can you guys please check your teams and let me know if you want to swap the guy i added for someone else on the FA list.

Everyone else please set your teams and move bench players to on court for the next weeks games.

Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Someone do a draft write-up and Grades. Need more chat/banter going
While not the whole draft, I did look back at Round 1. Banchero seemed the right choice for #1 and I was secretly hoping Chet was going to keep sliding. Also wanted Scottie Barnes.

Surprise pick: Wiggins. Didn't see that coming, though he if goes like he did in the finals could work out.

Attachments

• Rd1.png
    Rd1.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 34
If Thomas Bryant is still available, I'll go him!
No problem, I will fix that for you in the morning as I can’t do it from my phone

ormond-allen

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2005
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Someone do a draft write-up and Grades. Need more chat/banter going
I might get around to doing everyone's but for now I'll review my own.

What a hot mess.

Three ticks in Keldon Johnson, Jaden Ivey, and Bennidict Mathurin.

From my other six picks, two are already in the bin(Mo Bamba, Mitch Robinson), two can get in the bin(Patrick Williams, Victor Oladipo), and Nic Claxton and Malik Beasley are just meh.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
My draft was OK for the first few picks then the rest can get in the bin: Jabari Smith Jr, Buddy Hield, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, Brandon Clarke, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Bones Hyland, Andre Drummond, Seth Curry.

Curry & Bogdanovic with lingering injuries, Hyland and Clarke ditched already, and Drummond not getting as much time on the floor as expected.

My keepers are doing me dirty too - * Ben Simmons. Turner only back today. Sexton and Beal disappointing thus far too.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Paylo kicking all the goals so far so definite Number 1 pick.
Pulled the pin before the draft and traded Zion for Vuc and Randle, I think it's slightly in my favour at the moment. Zion is an injury waiting to happen but could explode in any game.
John wall in the late rounds could be a gem. Initial games scoring decent points but not outstanding FPTS, could only get better with more games.
Westbrook can of course EAD

ormond-allen

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2005
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Paylo kicking all the goals so far so definite Number 1 pick.
Pulled the pin before the draft and traded Zion for Vuc and Randle, I think it's slightly in my favour at the moment. Zion is an injury waiting to happen but could explode in any game.
John wall in the late rounds could be a gem. Initial games scoring decent points but not outstanding FPTS, could only get better with more games.
Westbrook can of course EAD
I was hoping that trade wouldn't come back to bite me. Zion's already missing games 😞
Ah well.... still plenty in front of him, and 7 doesn't fit into 6 so I was going to have to drop either Vucevic or Randle anyways, to keep Haliburton.
I was worried my roster was going to fall off the cliff with a few oldies, but I may have accidentally rebuilt it now with a young core of Sabonis, Haliburton, Giddey, Zion, Ivey, and Mathurin.
Going to have the same problem this season setting keepers, with Dame and Bron too. Nice problem to have, I guess.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I was hoping that trade wouldn't come back to bite me. Zion's already missing games 😞
Ah well.... still plenty in front of him, and 7 doesn't fit into 6 so I was going to have to drop either Vucevic or Randle anyways, to keep Haliburton.
I was worried my roster was going to fall off the cliff with a few oldies, but I may have accidentally rebuilt it now with a young core of Sabonis, Haliburton, Giddey, Zion, Ivey, and Mathurin.
Going to have the same problem this season setting keepers, with Dame and Bron too. Nice problem to have, I guess.
I think it was a good trade for both parties, the roll of the dice is always his availability.
At any point it feels like he could go 60+

Concerning trend that more and more teams are failing to set daily lineups. It is understandable that you might not be able to check in each day and set them but there should be no excuse to check in at least once a week and set your lineup for the next 5-7 days. Please make an effort for the integrity of the competition.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Concerning trend that more and more teams are failing to set daily lineups. It is understandable that you might not be able to check in each day and set them but there should be no excuse to check in at least once a week and set your lineup for the next 5-7 days. Please make an effort for the integrity of the competition.
FFS! (Not directed at you, I had Randle score 93.. on my bench)
I'm finding that the app isn't saving my changes, it's happening in both leagues I'm in. Even though it looks saved

Back