Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Luke Bruest and Chad Wingard currently

I will take Sicily's career currently as well

LDU hasn't even won a bnf yet , and that matters because we are making blanket early calls on players careers yeah?
You would take Breust and Wingard today over LDU?

I don’t know if you are being serious?

North Melbourne has the worst forward-line and backline stocks in the competition. They ranked 18th in both areas. That’s not a good foundation to have when your trying to build a team that can win a Premiership. As bad as Hawthorn’s list might look right now, they at least have the pieces up forward and down back to build around.

Yes I am being serious, would much rather have the North list (plus what they will get this year in the draft and next) than either Hawthorn or the Crows.

There is an interesting dynamic here, the longer North are bad for the better they will do in this poll.
They might do better in the poll. But their best young players aren’t really that young anymore. LDU, McKay, TT, and Larkey are coming into their prime. And their new draftees apart from Curtis don’t look up to it.

Admittedly injury and illness have held a couple back.

But at some point their youth has to show something.

They might do better in the poll. But their best young players aren’t really that young anymore. LDU, McKay, TT, and Larkey are coming into their prime. And their new draftees apart from Curtis don’t look up to it.

Admittedly injury and illness have held a couple back.

But at some point their youth has to show something.
4 first rounders in the next 2 drafts, how many you got?

Golden State Warriors Reaction GIF by NBA

Still waiting on someone to say they'd rather Jai then Luke...
North nuffies and non Hawthorn supporters on here generally hate us so of course they will pick LDU over Newk. Success does this and don’t ever want to be a supporters second favourite team. Reasonable points and comments by Hawk posters is often met by responses that are at Bay 13 levels. That’s ok we know how it works each year it’s the off-season ……. come winter it all goes quite again.

North nuffies and non Hawthorn supporters on here generally hate us so of course they will pick LDU over Newk. Success does this and don’t ever want to be a supporters second favourite team. Reasonable points and comments by Hawk posters is often met by responses that are at Bay 13 levels. That’s ok we know how it works each year it’s the off-season ……. come winter it all goes quite again.
'pick me'.

Thanks for that Vin. You've convinced me that playing on a flank is harder than playing in the centre (contrary to what any player or coach will tell you) by randomly quoting Brownlow votes from a single game.

Is playing on a back flank easier when you run both ways?
And didn't you quote the Brownlow votes for the game I'm responding to? I never mentioned Newcombe receiving the 3 Brownlow votes againt the Pies. You did.

Hawthorn v Collingwood Round 12

Daicos:
36 disposals
11 intercepts
5 score involvements
789m gained
4 inside 50s
6 rebound 50s
1 kick in

Newcombe:
23 disposals
6 intercepts
5 score involvements
406m gained
2 inside 50s
8 clearances
12 tackles

Just shows how the umpires only see what's in front of them and also forget about the early part of the game. And when it's a slog, the midfielder at the foot of the ruckman gets even more noticed given it's all stoppages and tackles.

Daicos was the best player on the ground that day but only received 1 vote.
So looking forward to when Daicos moves into the middle if he ever does …… he is very soft. Newk types will pulverise him!

Who would you take to play for the Hawks today?
From a nostalgic and loyalty point of view- Bruest

From a Point of Realism - LDU, our midfield sucks

But, I don't rate LDU as a genuine superstar of the comp, no BnF or AA squad Noms, isn't exactly a eye catching resume so far

He is a good player, but i think there are arguably 12 players (inc rookies) I would take from that draft ahead of LDU, I know he has had injuries so he could overtake some of those players, but he isn't some stand out first picked type footballer, but has all the attributes to be a top 10 mid in the comp, just hasn't occurred yet, i hope he does for North Fans, because he is good to watch out of stoppage especially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So looking forward to when Daicos moves into the middle if he ever does …… he is very soft. Newk types will pulverise him!
He'll move in the middle and Newk won't be able to catch him or keep up with him. Not sure he is soft running back to take marks as per above.

Breust every day without question but Wingard?
Do you think LDU will ever make an AA team? Twice?

Do you think LDU will play in multiple finals series including prelims?

Its an opinion, it could be wrong, but i think his career projection relies on North being somewhat successful over the next 4-6 years

But, I don't rate LDU as a genuine superstar of the comp, no BnF or AA squad Noms, isn't exactly a eye catching resume so far

He is a good player, but i think there are arguably 12 players (inc rookies) I would take from that draft ahead of LDU, I know he has had injuries so he could overtake some of those players, but he isn't some stand out first picked type footballer, but has all the attributes to be a top 10 mid in the comp, just hasn't occurred yet, i hope he does for North Fans, because he is good to watch out of stoppage especially
LDU obviously hasn't had their career at this point. It would be an achievement to match Breust. But he showed this year what he can do. There were games he was unstoppable coming out of the middle. If you don't think he is a standout, you didn't watch him this year. He has shown what he can do. And he did it in a very ordinary side with an ordinary coach with little support.

Imagine what he is capable of playing in a club with some form of stability, with a reasonably good coach. The kid hasn't had that his whole career.

Do you think LDU will ever make an AA team? Twice?

Do you think LDU will play finals in his prime?

Its an opinion, it could be wrong, but i think his career projection relies on North being somewhat successful over the next 4-6 years
A two time All Australian by age 22 and hasn’t done much since. Wingard has effectively done nothing of note at Hawthorn and I like the guy. I can’t believe he’s 30 next year!

If LDU is a loyal guy and spends his whole career at North Melbourne then I’d rather him over Wingard on that alone. Just my opinion.

LDU obviously hasn't had their career at this point. It would be an achievement to match Breust. But he showed this year what he can do. There were games he was unstoppable coming out of the middle. If you don't think he is a standout, you didn't watch him this year. He has shown what he can do. And he did it in a very ordinary side with an ordinary coach with little support.

Imagine what he is capable of playing in a club with some form of stability, with a reasonably good coach. The kid hasn't had that his whole career.
As i said, if the team comes with him and continues to improve, will be a star of the comp, he had standout moments, but some vanilla ones as well

And again, hope he goes well and dominates, because he is enjoyable to watch

Nothing but well wishes

A two time All Australian by age 22 and hasn’t done much since. Wingard has effectively done nothing of note at Hawthorn and I like the guy. I can’t believe he’s 30 next year!

If LDU is a loyal guy and spends his whole career at North Melbourne then I’d rather him over Wingard on that alone. Just my opinion.
Still did it though, just because he hasn't done it for awhile, doesn't discount it, opens himself up to recency bias due to , so I understand the point

If is the big call, because as mediocre as North have been for the majority of his career, thats not his fault, and if north fail to improve to a acceptable standard, it may cause some wayward thoughts, but i hope he sees through Norths hopeful rise

I'm genuinely interested in hearing what 12 players you would take ahead of LDU from the 2017 draft. There's only 1 player I would 100% take instead, but maybe I'm biased.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing what 12 players you would take ahead of LDU from the 2017 draft. There's only 1 player I would 100% take instead, but maybe I'm biased.
Sorry for the layout of this, a vertical list seemed excessive and again I said Arguably (inc the 3 in front of him) - Brayshaw, Cerra, Naughton, Bailey , Kelly, Balta , Taylor , Baker, Mihochek

(I have omitted Fritsch, De Koning, Rayner, Petty as i would put them on par in my opinion)

The definite easy calls would be Brayshaw and Naughton and i can understand arguments against the rest, i just rated KPP's a tad more

But I don't watch as many north games as others, so I might be well off

4 first rounders in the next 2 drafts, how many you got?

Golden State Warriors Reaction GIF by NBA
Norths problem hasn’t been getting in talented players. It’s been turning that talent into performance.

I wouldn’t be celebrating until you can start doing that.

I'd have three (Sam Taylor, Aaron Naughton and Andrew Brayshaw).

Sorry for the layout of this, a vertical list seemed excessive and again I said Arguably (inc the 3 in front of him) - Brayshaw, Cerra, Naughton, Bailey , Kelly, Balta , Taylor , Baker, Mihochek

(I have omitted Fritsch, De Koning, Rayner, Petty as i would put them on par in my opinion)

The definite easy calls would be Brayshaw and Naughton and i can understand arguments against the rest, i just rated KPP's a tad more

But I don't watch as many north games as others, so I might be well off
Fair enough, I'd have Brayshaw and Naughton (I completely forgot about him originally) comfortably ahead, but IMO there is a definite argument for LDU to be ahead of or at least on par with anyone else in the draft.

Fair enough, I'd have Brayshaw and Naughton (I completely forgot about him originally) comfortably ahead, but IMO there is a definite argument for LDU to be ahead of or at least on par with anyone else in the draft.
Yeah fair enough, as I said, happy to reasonably debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back