JUB JUB Supercars thread

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
SVG nearly hit the tyre stack with his victory burnout. Would've been pretty symbolic if he did

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Pye in the wall (softly) and he also has a penalty for doing who knows what during safety car time haha
Pye going into the wall made no difference to his finishing position. His safety car infringement penalty meant that he was always going to finish last of the cars on the lead lap.

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I'd rather watch paint dry. Have they come up with some right turning circles then?
Very original huh. All but one of the road courses are clockwise.
Stupid playoffs system aside, at least the series isn't a one horse race.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Very original huh. All but one of the road courses are clockwise.
Stupid playoffs system aside, at least the series isn't a one horse race.
My apologies then... NASCAR drivers will need to learn how to turn left.

Regardless, it will still be a rude shock to their systems, having to turn the steering wheel in both directions.

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
They worked on his car and he came back out with blue tape all over the bonnet. They had someone jump on it to get it down.
He still got classified despite a drive through penalty

De Pasquale got disqualified for low tyre pressure, DJR have officially out-Ferraried Ferrari at pit stops this year.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
They worked on his car and he came back out with blue tape all over the bonnet. They had someone jump on it to get it down.
He still got classified despite a drive through penalty

De Pasquale got disqualified for low tyre pressure, DJR have officially out-Ferraried Ferrari at pit stops this year.
Did you see the damage Courtney's car copped in the Golding incident? He literally drove it back to the pits on 3 wheels.

Forget the blue tape, that car needed to have the whole front right hand corner re-built, which they did and came out only 15 laps down.

How they repaired the suspension & steering damage, enough to attach a wheel, let alone get it in a condition where it could be safely driven around the track, is entirely beyond me.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Did you see the damage Courtney's car copped in the Golding incident? He literally drove it back to the pits on 3 wheels.

Forget the blue tape, that car needed to have the whole front right hand corner re-built, which they did and came out only 15 laps down.

How they repaired the suspension & steering damage, enough to attach a wheel, let alone get it in a condition where it could be safely driven around the track, is entirely beyond me.
They’ve had plenty of rebuild practice lately

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

They came out only 15 laps down because the race was red flagged for half and hour

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
They came out only 15 laps down because the race was red flagged for half and hour
Even so... that's a ridiculously short period of time to rebuild the whole front right hand corner of the car, given the magnitude of damage evident. The car was literally on 3 wheels.

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
4uqkh48tzl1a1.jpg

Only 12 rounds, very bare bones calendar. I understand no NZ with Pukekohe closing but no Winton is baffling.

Back