2022/23 Melbourne Victory Thread - R.I.P OSM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about this. It's not like Australian Rules Football where you just accept players regardless of who they played for. But this football is more tribal and I'm still not fully behind Brillante considering the amount of stink he has to wash off. Fall-n-roli was enemy number one at a team who were only created so we could have a local derby. I'll support him in a Socceroos shirt but I don't think I could in a Vuck one.
If he puts our only goal for a month in the back of the net you will be putting his poster up in your bedroom 🙄

Nani just doesn't fit with this team. He's become a player without a position. He's too old to be a traditional winger. We get better value out of Folami and Ikon out wide. As a no 10 he doesnt create enough. Brimmer is much better in that role. So where do we play him? Do we push him up next to D'Agostino and play him as a striker. Popa would need to change his formation.

Victory appear to be much worse than last season. The Adelaide United rejects that Popa brought in are no good. Kadete, Smith, Nigro can't cross for s**t so very little attacking play is coming from full backs.

They have a free foreign spot open and they should start scouting now to bring someone in. Problem is there's holes everywhere.
We need another centre back because Spira is crocked and Broxham and the other CB options is no good.
Kadete is bang average at left back. Waste of a foreign spot.
Right back we are sorely missing Geria.
We lack depth in middle of park if one of Marchan or Brillante is missing.
And finally D'Agostino needs help up front.
This is very much going to be devils avocado but Nani isn't the problem. The runs off the ball are seriously horrific. Like proper amateur divvy 3 stuff.

Now whilst he hasn't been spectacular, he and many others in our team, put some great balls into very positive positions but don't have any others there to anticipate it.

Just look at our corners for example, if a ball goes to the back post we have nonene there.

Not happy with this signing but we definitely need reinforcement up front. I like Daggers but I'm not convinced that he's good enough to lead the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate it so much. I have no interest in cheering him, or even going to see him. I much prefer when teams do research and go find a Fred or a Leroy George than someone who has sulked his way out of 2 clubs now cos he wasn’t starting.

Somewhat ironically my member pack turned up just after hearing the news today (I don’t even wanna say his name.) I really liked the simplicity of the navy blue hat with just a plain white chevron… the hat doesn’t look like that. It’s turned up navy blue with navy blue embroidery that you can only see close up.

I hate it so much. I have no interest in cheering him, or even going to see him. I much prefer when teams do research and go find a Fred or a Leroy George than someone who has sulked his way out of 2 clubs now cos he wasn’t starting.

Somewhat ironically my member pack turned up just after hearing the news today (I don’t even wanna say his name.) I really liked the simplicity of the navy blue hat with just a plain white chevron… the hat doesn’t look like that. It’s turned up navy blue with navy blue embroidery that you can only see close up.
Guess we are just another Recycle FC. Most annoying thing about the A League is the lack of chances clubs are willing to take.

Loop Glow GIF by xponentialdesign

*although fornaroli isnt technically that

El Tuna named in the squad. I wonder if he'll get minutes? What's more I wonder if we'll even score. When we already had players like Daggers, Nani, Folami, Brimmer, then even Juric etc and we still struggle to score I think there are deeper problems.

Geria sounds like he might be chance too.
It's like we are playing fifa and expect Nani to do it all

I love Spira is missing one game and he's still injured now

It's like we are playing fifa and expect Nani to do it all

I love Spira is missing one game and he's still injured now

Spira had a clean out this week so won't be back until after world cup. Excellent foresight by the club to sign Juric instead of another CB after losing Hamil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back