News Andrew Thorburn is retaining legal counsel for wrongful termination by the Essendon Football Club. NOW WITH BIG BANGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes because humans have understood everything and have been able to explain everything using science for centuries… Humans know everything, if one has that view that would be looney.

May appear extreme if you read the Bible but don’t understand what you are reading…

You realize that you are using technology developed through science to downplay science ...........

Oh and you believe that Slavery is fine and rapists should be able to marry their victim to escape punishment, because they are bothpart of your bible.

When it stops being "her" body.. are you seriousky ok with abortion at 30 weeks (unless if Mum's life is in danger)? Are you a psychopath?

How many abortions occur at 30 weeks? Do you seriously think ppl get abortions at 30 weeks outside of if it is life threatening to the mother ??? Hint. Less the 1.2% occur after 21 weeks, and less than 1% after 24 weeks. (US figures but I doubt Australian are much different)

The people in this thread demonising religion are conditioned to first seek the bad in anything, and ignore the good on the same topic. There is far more good than bad in the Bible, but the outdated/bad (most of which is subjective) gives them entitlement to their own hate speech. They cannot respect others beliefs/views but spit venom when you don't do the same to them.

This basically summarizes the intolerance preached within religion .......

Covid, wtf, how was covid a lie ???

And there is PROOF and EVIDENCE for climate change and covid, there is no PROOF or EVIDENCE for god, just faith which is the EXCUSE that ppl use to believe something when they have no PROOF or EVIDENCE
Don't feed the trolls.

No i don't but how about 28 weeks? 24 weeks? Babies can survive at 23.

The point is that supporting abortion without limits just because its "her body" is far too simple. We don't do that here and they shouldn't in the US.

Problem with Roe vs Wade is that it was 50 years old and based on fetal viability and a understanding of fetal development that was way way way out of date.

We can all pick a number of weeks (say 20.. or whatever) where we think we can get comfortable for now but as technology improves.. that number will get lower.

The inconvenient truth.. and it is inconvenient.. is that the only clear point where a human life begins is probably actually conception.. like the churches say.. but for now we will all just pretend that's not the case.

Again 99% of abortions occur BEFORE any of these points so why are you drawing your theoretical lines at points that are irrelevant to the conversation in the vast majority of instances

Again 99% of abortions occur BEFORE any of these points so why are you drawing your theoretical lines at points that are irrelevant to the conversation in the vast majority of instances

The vast majority of people were ok with Covid.. did we just ignore that?

I think you're missing the bigger point though and you just want to stick to the "her body" catchcry. Everyone draws a line somewhere on abortion... legislating for it is exactly that and that is the whole debate. If babies are viable at 18 weeks in 2050.. should we still allow abortions at 24 like we can now? I'd find that disgusting. In 2100, they might be viable at 15 weeks.

I think you're missing the bigger point though and you just want to stick to the "her body" catchcry. Everyone draws a line somewhere on abortion... legislating for it is exactly that and that is the whole debate. If babies are viable at 18 weeks in 2050.. should we still allow abortions at 24 like we can now? I'd find that disgusting. In 2100, they might be viable at 15 weeks.

The vast majority of ppl were ok with COVID because we took action and isolated so the disease spread would be reduced, the disease could be studied, treatments developed and vaccines developed. If we didn't respond then the deaths would have been much worse.

And noone (and no government or religion) has the right or authority to tell ANY what to do with their bodies. I don't believe that abortion should be used as a contraception but I can't force those beliefs on anyone much like I can't force you to donate a kidney if it would save my child's life.

You can have your beliefs about abortion, good for you, but your beliefs shouldn't be forced on others.

Imagine if in 2100 Islam was the primary religion in the world. Would you suddenly be happy to live under Islamic law. Or if Hitler won WW2. Would you want to live under Nazism?

And there is PROOF and EVIDENCE for climate change and covid, there is no PROOF or EVIDENCE for god, just faith which is the EXCUSE that ppl use to believe something when they have no PROOF or EVIDENCE

Every heard of spirituality m8

So you think abortions aren't ok at 30 weeks? Its still her body isn't it? Are you some sort of RWNJ?
What percentage of abortions occurs at 30 weeks (or more)?

Every heard of spirituality m8
I have no problem with individual spirituality.

Organized religion on the other hand is a completely different matter.

The problem with all this is that Essendon appointed someone whose beliefs clearly don't align with theirs and/or the AFL's.

Then you have the small matter of the failures during his tenure at the NAB.

Therefore Thorburn should never have got near the CEO's position. What were they thinking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you include the millions threatened of death, or not, either way- millions throughout history have also lost their life because they WERE converted and would not compromise their faith. And also either way, what I said is all still well and comfortable fact.

Christianity -the longest surviving religion in the world, followed by the most people, and the ‘old book’ translated in more languages then any other book in the world. The thought process is worth more than just slapping a label on it.
Christianity - The Biggest And The Best.

The people in this thread demonising religion are conditioned to first seek the bad in anything, and ignore the good on the same topic. There is far more good than bad in the Bible, but the outdated/bad (most of which is subjective) gives them entitlement to their own hate speech. They cannot respect others beliefs/views but spit venom when you don't do the same to them.
Bah, we’re perfectly capable of separating the good from the bad in the bible and other holy books, but that doesn’t mean we need to show any respect for people who believe the bad stuff. Or who wilfully misinterpret parts of it. Or who blatantly lie about what’s in it, or fabricate parts of it. Or who use it as a platform for a crude power trip, or as a springboard for base bigotry.

Yes which is why I said at the end, ‘As Christian’s and the church today’ Nothings changed, all humans have sinful desires in their heart such as power, greed or lust.
So what you’re really saying is Christianity is pretty much powerless against human moral failings.

What is faith, when you boil it down, except the elevation of wishful thinking to a pedestal it does not deserve?

Last edited:

Define viable? They certainly can't survive on their own at 18 weeks.

That takes years.

Very narrow, subjective and ill informed view contrary to billions on the planet
I notice you fail to contest the assertion in any way. Musta hit a nerve.

Billions of people eat McDonalds, but that doesn't make it the apex of human cuisine.

What is faith other than a jumped-up term for wishful thinking?

Very narrow, subjective and ill informed view contrary to billions on the planet

Yet every time we point out an extremist christian group, you guys say 'but not all christians are like that'.

You can't have it both ways. For example, you either claim the pentecostals as your own, or you don't count them christians.

I notice you fail to contest the assertion in any way. Musta hit a nerve.

Billions of people eat McDonalds, but that doesn't make it the apex of human cuisine.

What is faith other than a jumped-up term for wishful thinking?
A purpose, a moral code, comfort, community, order, an explanation for the biggest question that remains unanswered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back